Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 80mm Avanti S Sport Jet Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
    Cheers alpha. Can't wait for mine. ;)
    I was going to get the Freewing A-10 when it comes out, and I already have the Freewing Me-262. Some people claim that sports jets in general are quite a bit faster and more responsive scale jets. I wondered specifically how the Stinger or Avanti would compare with the Freewing Me-262 for example. I don't have a lot of interest in sports jets per se, but it is always good to get something that just flies differently from what I already have....so am considering the Avanti.

Comment

• In general, I'd agree. Sportjets are a bit faster and more responsive than scale warbird type jets. Less drag and weight usually. I haven't personally seen the freewing 262 fly in the flesh, but I'd be very surprised if this avanti doesn't fly rings around it. Sportjets are a great all rounder - they'll excel for people learning, right up to ppl who like their iMac style aeros. For pure flight handling, they are hard to beat, esp in edf's. I also was "warbird only", in my jets - till I flew a sportjet. I was hooked immediately, though admittedly my first flight with one was the big hsd foamy viper with a turbine in it. (Vid on my YouTube if anyone's interested). Since then I've flown quite a few, and I'm constantly impressed. My mate kurts stinger way outperforms anything I own in warbird edf's. The avanti therefore is a no brainer for me, and I've no doubt it will be my go-to for just hassle free fun edf flying and great aerobatics. I highly recommend trying one. :)

Comment

• Has anyone flown this sport jet off of a grass runway?

Comment

• Awesome! I love this bird more every time I look at it! The smoked canopy is very nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by CAPT John View Post
            Has anyone flown this sport jet off of a grass runway?
            A quick search ;) reveals this right from the man who knows.

Welcome to the Squawk !
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Love the tinted canopy and cockpit.....SWEET!!!!

Comment

• Recent photos of the prototype taken by Photographer Ken Simmons as I continue logging test and evaluation flights. Thanks Ken!

Comment

• Great shots!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                    Recent photos of the prototype taken by Photographer Ken Simmons as I continue logging test and evaluation flights. Thanks Ken!
                    Can this Avanti perform a flat 360 deg. rudder turn at say half throttle or less? I"m just trying to envision what this jet can do. BTW, what a phenomenal value this is compared to setting up a mini Avanti which is about 10% larger, but 3+ more $$!

Comment

• maybe tam will make a tail tube for this one and we can install a p20 or such in it on kero............

Comment

• Hi folks, this is my first post on this forum! I also hit the Pre-Order button after PM-ing with Xplaneguy over on another forum. Thanks to Tony for opening up my eyes to this one - I thought it would be way over my skills, as it will be my first EDF. I was quite surprised to see the wide flight envelope and slow speed characteristics of this plane. This looks to be a real winner for pilots of many backgrounds. Thanks to Motion and all the others that make products like these available and support them (and us) the way you do.

Comment

• Welcome Mitchesx!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Mitchesx! A couple of us, including me, are in the same boat, our first EDF as well. As you did, we looked at the wide open flight envelope and said to ourselves,"This is the one!"
                            And hit the button.
                            So all us EDF Newbies are going to post our experienced in this new world, please feel free to post yours as well!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Just my 2 cents, but this avanti is a perfect introduction to edf's. I'm sure you'll both love it. Welcome to the squawk mitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchesx View Post
                                Hi folks, this is my first post on this forum! I also hit the Pre-Order button after PM-ing with Xplaneguy over on another forum. Thanks to Tony for opening up my eyes to this one - I thought it would be way over my skills, as it will be my first EDF. I was quite surprised to see the wide flight envelope and slow speed characteristics of this plane. This looks to be a real winner for pilots of many backgrounds. Thanks to Motion and all the others that make products like these available and support them (and us) the way you do.
                                Welcome Mitchesx! Always glad to help and I looking forward to hearing about your successful Avanti flights. ;)

Comment

• Here's the production version...I will be updating the product page with new photos today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	avanti.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	68780
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• That looks fantastic!

Comment

• That is a Big basket of awesome!

Comment

• I know, right? What a total looker! I can't wait to grab one.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Looks excellent. I did notice that the wid-wing side force generators were left off the production model. Was it determined that they weren't needed?

Comment

Working...
                                          X