Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're flying this Saturday at the Apollo Zoo, anyone in the area, come fly!. Xplaneguy, AceMiGKiller, and others will be there in the earlier part of the day. A-10, Avanti, Spitfire, oh my!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• how large of a battery pack can the avanti handle.. i have many 5000 6s packs to make use of.. also can i cram in a bit more ma size pack for longer flights. how long of a mixed speed flight can i expect from a 5000 pack. hard for me to figure that part since im new to edf of this size.. hope to find over 4 min flights the norm...........

Comment

• Will have :Cool:Its ideal beginner model? Wing Area loading?
        Looking forward to more videos

Comment

• Originally posted by Swissjet View Post
          Will have :Cool:Its ideal beginner model? Wing Area loading?
          Looking forward to more videos
          Welcome to Hobby Squawk Swissjet. This bird really is an eye catcher isn't it. By beginner model, do you mean to get into flying or the move up to EDF jets? If you are just starting out, a plane that is designed specifically as a trainer would help you be more successful. They have higher mounted wings, more lightly loaded and more forgiving while trying to develope good flying skills. I would also highly recommend getting a flight simulator. They do cost a bit, but in the end, much less expensive that crashing several planes that you spend your hard earned money on. And you can fly many different kinds of planes to see what they fly like.

If you have a good flying background with heavier, faster birds and are looking to move up to EDF jets, this may not be bad to start with if set-up right. It does have a lighter wing loading than many scale jets. It is highly visable and can slow down nicely, for a jet. I can also be very fast, some have said up to 115 mph. At that speed, things happen very quickly and it gets small in a hurry.

Hopefully this helps a bit. None of us, but the MRC "test pilots" actually has this bird yet. Based on the videos shown so far by the good folks that have developed this bird, it will be great fun to fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Swissjet. This bird really is an eye catcher isn't it. By beginner model, do you mean to get into flying or the move up to EDF jets? If you are just starting out, a plane that is designed specifically as a trainer would help you be more successful. They have higher mounted wings, more lightly loaded and more forgiving while trying to develope good flying skills. I would also highly recommend getting a flight simulator. They do cost a bit, but in the end, much less expensive that crashing several planes that you spend your hard earned money on. And you can fly many different kinds of planes to see what they fly like.

If you have a good flying background with heavier, faster birds and are looking to move up to EDF jets, this may not be bad to start with if set-up right. It does have a lighter wing loading than many scale jets. It is highly visable and can slow down nicely, for a jet. I can also be very fast, some have said up to 115 mph. At that speed, things happen very quickly and it gets small in a hurry.

Hopefully this helps a bit. None of us, but the MRC "test pilots" actually has this bird yet. Based on the videos shown so far by the good folks that have developed this bird, it will be great fun to fly.
            Thank you for Your Opinion. I have Experience with slightly faster Propeller Models, fly a E-Flite Carbon-Z T-28.

On The Sim, I also fly Jets.

Comment

• Ryan, did you and Mike get your Avanti yet?

Comment

• Xplaneguy, Pilot Evelyn, and AceMigKiller were out yesterday to fly the Avanti. AceMigKiller is the fifth pilot who took a test drive in my preproduction sample, and I put together a quick video showing his second flight. This is with the stock setup, stock settings, stock battery.

Continuing giving test drives to several local RC pilots, 'AceMiGKiller' gets even more comfortable on his second flight of the new Freewing 80mm Avanti S fr...

Both he and Xplaneguy will be showing off this flaxen fiend at Arizona Electric Festival. If you're in the area, come see it in action!

Comment

• Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
                  how large of a battery pack can the avanti handle.. i have many 5000 6s packs to make use of.. also can i cram in a bit more ma size pack for longer flights. how long of a mixed speed flight can i expect from a 5000 pack. hard for me to figure that part since im new to edf of this size.. hope to find over 4 min flights the norm...........
                  Hi horsefeetky, the Freewing 80mm Avanti is designed around a 6s 4000-5000mAh pack. I prefer the lighter setup on 4000, but we know many people will want to fly the 5000 pack as well and I've flown the 5000 at least 60 times so I can say authoritatively that you'll be fine.

Here is a photo of the Avanti's large battery bay with an Admiral 6s 5000mAh 50c battery placed loosely in it. There is room for a larger battery that can still CG; the largest I've tested is a Glacier 6s 5800mAh, pushed almost to the rear bulkhead. Of course the heavier the aircraft is, the faster landing speeds will be, among other impacts. So officially we are recommending 6s 4000-5000.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07801 - Copy.JPG
Views:	1455
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	62180
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                    Ryan, did you and Mike get your Avanti yet?
                    Not yet, Super excited about it! As soon as we get ours we will be showing it off first with a build/assembly then pics and video. You'll be the first to know!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      Xplaneguy, Pilot Evelyn, and AceMigKiller were out yesterday to fly the Avanti. AceMigKiller is the fifth pilot who took a test drive in my preproduction sample, and I put together a quick video showing his second flight. This is with the stock setup, stock settings, stock battery.

Continuing giving test drives to several local RC pilots, 'AceMiGKiller' gets even more comfortable on his second flight of the new Freewing 80mm Avanti S fr...

Both he and Xplaneguy will be showing off this flaxen fiend at Arizona Electric Festival. If you're in the area, come see it in action!
                      Nice video. Thanks everyone.

Comment

• pre-order button should be getting close:Cool:

Comment

• Yes indeed...
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
                            how large of a battery pack can the avanti handle.. i have many 5000 6s packs to make use of.. also can i cram in a bit more ma size pack for longer flights. how long of a mixed speed flight can i expect from a 5000 pack. hard for me to figure that part since im new to edf of this size.. hope to find over 4 min flights the norm...........

Hi Horsefeetky, in the initial post we've stated that the Avanti can fit 6s 4000-5000 packs as the recommended sizes. It can actually fit and CG with a 6000, but I prefer the performance and wing loading on a 4000 and 5000. So you're all good!

Watch some of the videos we've posted recently and you'll see what kind of performance you can expect for a given battery and given flight time. This aircraft is very efficient.

Comment

• Exciting news from the Arizona Electric Festival!
                              The Freewing Avanti was chosen for the "Best Flight" award, along with the Freewing A-10 for "Best Scale Jet"!

We flew the snot out of the Avanti this weekend, demonstrating the extreme flight envelope the model is capable of.

The people were impressed enough to award me with the "Best Flight" award for putting her through her paces this weekend. Thanks to all and I can't wait to own one of these for myself!

Vic

Comment

• LOWER!!! :)

Comment

• Well done Vic! Love the shot of the low pass... These two birds are home runs in a multitude of ways!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The Avanti looks like it had an inverted nose scrape! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                      LOWER!!! :)
                                      I did... lol!!! LOL
                                      ​​​​​​

Comment

• I can confirm he did. At one point I swear he was only 4" off the deck. The award was well deserved Vic!
                                        Pat

Comment

• I have video when we flew the weekend before of Vic scraping the belly keel on a very low pass. In fact that's as low as one can go, right? Back to the ground? It made a nice "Tzzzsh" sound and he kept on flying. The Avanti design has a very prominent centerline "keel" along the underside of the aircraft. To protect this area, a 3mm plywood insert runs most of the length of the keel, protecting it from damage and reinforcing the foam for longevity. The aft end of the keel is capped with plastic.

So go ahead and execute "Belly Rubs" to your heart's delight, everyone! Just make sure you can fly out of it, otherwise it doesn't count (and don't call me). :D

Comment

Working...
                                          X