Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Shirty - Lookin' gooooood! :Cool:
    SmokeNGun - This jet tracks better than any jet I have ever had. How's that for "slop endorsement"? LOL

rpellicciotti - That is the Mobius 2 Action Camera 1080P 60FPS. Sweet camera!
    Could you elaborate on how you are attaching the camera to the plane???
    I just got one and would hate to lose it in flight. I read where one gentleman was using gorilla tape to attach his but it pulls off the paint when removed.
    If it's not to much trouble, a picture would be great...
    Thanks
    Tom

Comment

• Oh, BTW, I flew her in low rates with 70% on the ailerons. Fed in ailerons the way I usually do, and instead of banking to turn, she rolled !
      Them ailerons is sensitive, I rolled my throws down to 80% to see if that helps. But she'll roll like nobodies business, pretty cool !

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
        Four more flights today bring mine to 21. Had a strange experience with it today too. Made a take off on my last flight and climbed out before rolling over into a split S to come back down the runway when all of a sudden it made a right hand turn all by itself. Not sure of why, it's almost like it snap rolled to the right. Luckily I was at enough altitude to fly out of it but now it has me concerned. It did something very similar yesterday while putting it through a loop. As it was coming down the back side it just suddenly changed directions on me, again at enough altitude to recover from it with no issues. Maybe too much throw in the elevator? :Confused: I was flying on my mid rate for elevator which is the same as the manuals low rate.
        Just curious, were you full throttle when the events occurred??? I had a P-51 that flew great but would do exactly the same thing on the backside of a loop or in a hard turn at full throttle. I backed off on the throttle and it would behave. I didn't like that because I bought it to go fast. I was complaining about it one day and one of the older experienced guys looked at my plane and told me to reduce my elevator travel and the problem disappeared with no notice in maneuverability...

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post

Could you elaborate on how you are attaching the camera to the plane???
          I just got one and would hate to lose it in flight. I read where one gentleman was using gorilla tape to attach his but it pulls off the paint when removed.
          If it's not to much trouble, a picture would be great...
          Thanks
          Tom
          I'm not sure I qualify as a gentleman but I'm the Gorilla Tape junkie. LOL

Indeed, it has already pulled up the paint. I need to take a piece into the hardware store for a good paint match. I love the flexibility of the Gorilla Tape to put the camera anywhere I want but it definitely pulls up paint. As for that underbelly view it was really tricky since the middle of the underbelly has that spine that runs along the entire fuse. So I simply taped the heck out of it until I felt good that it would stay put. I will be running a piece to the hardware store this week for sure.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Four more flights today bring mine to 21. Had a strange experience with it today too. Made a take off on my last flight and climbed out before rolling over into a split S to come back down the runway when all of a sudden it made a right hand turn all by itself. Not sure of why, it's almost like it snap rolled to the right. Luckily I was at enough altitude to fly out of it but now it has me concerned. It did something very similar yesterday while putting it through a loop. As it was coming down the back side it just suddenly changed directions on me, again at enough altitude to recover from it with no issues. Maybe too much throw in the elevator? :Confused: I was flying on my mid rate for elevator which is the same as the manuals low rate.
            Some planes will do that more than others when the plane isn't completely level and in a slight bank when the elevator stick is pulled to hard, and with a bit of aileron fed in at the same time. I've done it on this plane on purpose and it no doubt can happen. It sounds normal, so hopefully that the case and there is no issue for you with the plane itself :Cool:;).

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              Second flight on her today, had an audience this time. Figured out what I was doing wrong on landing. Being a tail dragger guy, I forgot to pull the nose up as the last second to flare. She started into her bounce again, and I pulled back elevator and she immediately settled in. AH HA thinks I,:Cool: Now I know !!;)
              LOL makes perfect sense... So you go for the 2 pointers with your tail dragger then? Nothing sweeter than a 2 point greaser on a warbird that's for sure.

Flew her a few more times today...Had a small audience myself. I can't say enough how sweet this jet is. It is nearly hands off flying. Still swear I am going to find a hidden stabilizer somewhere. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I also got some more flights in along with the plethora of Avanti owners on this awesome thread and at the field. I'm now at 15 total flights this weekend, and looking forward to more.

This plane is a blast to fly and really enjoying the small mods I made to it. The blue canopy continues to look better and better to me, the new power system is full beast mode in this jet (Jetfan that is still on 6S, which I prefer on a sport jet of this size), the landing gear is fantastic with these nice trailing links, it handled 15mph winds today fine with higher gusts, tracks like an arrow, glides incredibly well power off with those nice big wings, the lights look great and can be seen in daylight, and the RCLander three color 70mm Afterburner ring I installed shows up great in daylight and is a PERFECT fit for this tailpipe diameter.

In the pics below, you can see the channel the size of the wiring that I cutout below with a hobby knife (plane is inverted in the picture so the wires look to be on the bottom but they are actually on top since that's where the horizontal stabilizer attaches), and the rest of the wiring can run through the already made large channel where the vertical stabilizer attaches. I glued the wires in the channel of the horizontal stabilizer, but you can also use tape to cover them, or lightweight spackle, etc. to smooth out the airflow. Also, I cut out a small little relief hole for where the wires on the AB ring are soldered and glued to it. After the relief is cut, it's pretty flush with the tail, and then the ring is secured with Foam Tac glue. Easy peezy install. The wires are long, so I was able to run the rest under the battery tray and put the AB controller board under the tray as well. Be VERY careful when plugging in each dedicated connector to the AB board, as one is labelled for the Red and White wires, and the other is for the Black and Red wire, so be sure those are plugged in their respective slots, not accidentally switched.

For a cheap and awesome mod, you can't go wrong. People at the field were commenting on it today and how great they looked, and they thought it came with the PNP jet, ha-ha.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1054.JPG Views:	1 Size:	49.6 KB ID:	78148Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1055.JPG Views:	1 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	78146Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1057.JPG Views:	1 Size:	59.6 KB ID:	78145Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1066.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	78147
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1098.JPG
Views:	879
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	78150
                Attached Files

Comment

• Nicely done!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Out of curiosity, do you have the wing fences installed on your plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      Nicely done!
                      Thanks! It's inexpensive, works well (so far), and makes a fun visual impact. I can't ask for more than that. This plane is already amazing for lots of reasons, so these little things were a bit of the icing on the cake.

Comment

• A good friend did all the hard work locating the right AB light to fit the Avanti.. I reap the benefits..:) Sequence of lights are 0% Throttle Blue 50% Throttle Orange & 100% Throttle Red..

Comment

• Looks great. Might look into one of those myself. :)

check out numbnuts post on the avanti - $600!!! PLUS at least $100 freight. (Jesus this bloke sure knows how to add a profit margin...) anyone still wondering why us Aussies have to buy overseas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1172.PNG
Views:	796
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	78183

Comment

• Something's rotten in the state of ???:)Your favourite R/c store Shirty..LOL

Comment

• Makes me ashamed to be a qlder lol. Go the mighty maroons. ;)

Comment

• Got my first flite in today, awesome plane AS3x Gens Ace 6s 5500 60c All I can say is WOW

Comment

• what is the light ring system you installed and where can i get it

also i bought two of these one for my flying buddy to fly in formation with me and his i kept simple with just a std rc install and i fly's super.. love it. i put 3 light coats of high gloss acrylic clear on it and a few neon orange stripes on the wing tops to make it easy to see whos plane is whos.

then i built mine with a igyro 3e and telemetry 8ch rx. i like the feedback of flight pack voltage but the gyro is not needed at all in this model. i put it on heading hold and that makes me look like a pro but the actual gyro function is not needed at all.

i did have on trailing leg main get sticky after a hard cross wind landing in the grass edge but im sure i can file a bit off the joint and things will once again move smooth as silk. but this plane is a real winner. buy high c rated batteries though. it tried to cook my 35c pulse packs and the 45c ones are a min as they come down still pretty warm but not puffed.

Comment

• Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
                                    what is the light ring system you installed and where can i get it
                                    Below are a few places you can buy the Afterburner lighting system. Some of USA based, while others are not.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dr-madth...-70mm-edf.html

http://shop.rc-electric-jets.com/RC-...TCLED-1A70.htm

http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...70mm+afterburn

https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/after...-70mm-edf.html

http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...oducts_id=1674

Here is a video made by the manufacturer, RCLander:

Comment

• If I wanted to instal some front nose gear landing lights. What should I buy and would I need another led control board ?

Comment

• I just can't get myself to buy this jet, I guess it's not for everyone, I think it's the wheels, look kind of dorky, it is a sport jet though, to bad it didn't come in a military paint scheme, bet it would look good in the T-45 paint scheme.....:Cool:

Comment

I would say to much elevator as well, my F-5 did it and my T-45 surprised me as well inverted with to much elevator caused a high speed snap, reduce your elevator and try it again, eventually you will find where you need to be and still have enough elevator to flare your landings.

Comment

Working...
                                          X