X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
    I concur with how everything went together so quick and easy. Most paint lines are great except for the forward crossover of the canopy had some seppage from the paint mask. All in all an excellent model! Using a Lemon 7channel. Hope to fly it soon.

I used a 7 channel Lemon as well . I turned the board around in the front of the battery bay so that the wires leading to the rx faced the back of the airplane and mounted the receiver underneath the battery. Great flying plane you're going to love it. Havent needed to turn on the Gyro once yet.

Comment

• weather finaly was decent today to fly mine

Comment

• I'm hesitant to cut into top of foam wingbto add winglets. Any guidance to do so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bcool831 View Post
          I'm hesitant to cut into top of foam wingbto add winglets. Any guidance to do so?
          Use a piece of wood like this to make a perfectly straight line. Follow the instructions 3mm deep 2mm wide for the groove then keep scoring the groove with a pop cycle stick until the fence seats properly. When your happy with the fit glue it on.

Comment

• Yeah, don't add them !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
              Yeah, don't add them !!!
              To each his own. I think it looks great with them!

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys. I need to work on my settings and channel assignments. I'm using a dx9 and ar636. When i activate gear my flaps go down at same time.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I need to work on my settings and channel assignments. I'm using a dx9 and ar636. When i activate gear my flaps go down at same time.
                  Did the AR636 come out of another plane? If so, the flap channel or gear channel may have been programmed to do something else.

Comment

• Observations from a fellow club member's Avanti maiden:

Flight time - appx. 3 minutes 45 seconds
                    Battery - 4000mah 40C HK Turnigy
                    Battery temp - very slightly warm
                    Battery reading post flight - 22.1 volts
                    Flight was at moderate speed with minimal aerobatics and one high speed pass. Overall very solid.

Comment

• Xviper, yes it was probably programmed already. I do have the cable to go in a look at the settings. Thanks I didn't think of that for some reason. Palm to head.

Comment

Xviper, yes it was probably programmed already. I do have the cable to go in a look at the settings. Thanks I didn't think of that for some reason. Palm to head.
                        Ahh, very good. Also know that depending on which plane it came out of, there may be features that are "locked" and can't be changed. For example, the AR636A out of their Opterra, has a "launch" mode where the program is buried deep in the software and the end user will have a very difficult time accessing it and changing it. The 636 from their Radian XL, I've simply gone in there and changed the parameters as I see fit for another plane. Other planes, Horizon states that the 636 can only be used for a specific plane and the programming can't be accessed or changed. The stand alone ones that you buy from the store are fully programmable.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                          Ahh, very good. Also know that depending on which plane it came out of, there may be features that are "locked" and can't be changed. For example, the AR636A out of their Opterra, has a "launch" mode where the program is buried deep in the software and the end user will have a very difficult time accessing it and changing it. The 636 from their Radian XL, I've simply gone in there and changed the parameters as I see fit for another plane. Other planes, Horizon states that the 636 can only be used for a specific plane and the programming can't be accessed or changed. The stand alone ones that you buy from the store are fully programmable.
                          Awesome info. Thank you. Anyone know the db of the df on this jet?

Comment

• Mine is at the house, unfortunately I am not.

Comment

• Hey Avanti owners. Putting mine together and problems with flaps. They go 45 and 90. Tried to adjust with trim and no luck. Haven't had this problem before. Really don't want to cut servos out unless I have to. Any ideas. Thanks.

Comment

• Mine too so i adjusted travel limits. I reduced mine so i now have 1/4 flaps and thats all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kferros View Post
                                  Hey Avanti owners. Putting mine together and problems with flaps. They go 45 and 90. Tried to adjust with trim and no luck. Haven't had this problem before. Really don't want to cut servos out unless I have to. Any ideas. Thanks.
                                  What radio are you using?

Comment

• Depending on radio you should be able to control your flap percentages in the flap settings...
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• You are right will check that out. I was using sub trim only. Thanks.

Comment

• Thought I could with DX8 but could not find flap settings. Am I missing something.

Comment

• Dh112 has split flaps and don't have the problem I'm having. T45 can use 2 settings and not be at 90 on last. I usaull use 25-30 degree for takeoff and 45 for landings.

Comment

Working...
                                          X