• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks TS for the great pilot!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks Grossman56.. I think I got the match reasonably close..At least a lot closer than the Tamiya Yellow..:)

Comment

• Urrl,
        Markham right? I'll be there tomorrow for the warbird event.
        Hope I can fly my Avanti latter in the afternoon.

Comment

• As usual. :D
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post

The football.
            Any chance of a shot of your whistles installed??? Inquiring minds like to see!

photo courtesy of urrl posted over on RCG.

Maybe use two instead of the three?????
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post

Any chance of a shot of your whistles installed??? Inquiring minds like to see!

photo courtesy of urrl posted over on RCG.

Maybe use two instead of the three?????
              Yes two might be better. In fact I'm experimenting by taping over each whistle to see which gives the most pleasing sound to me. I might end up with only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                Finally got mine together and have 'Buzz' the pilot in her. Painted my dashboard a light nutmeg brown, just to be able to tell it from all the other Avantis that will be at Nefi !
                HH, it looks like it needs just a touch of red, and I mean a touch as red is a very overpowering color ! Try it on some paper first before the airplane. You should be able to match it that way.

Here's Buzz, and ex Airforce pilot in the cockpit of his new Avanti...
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9785.JPG
Views:	1066
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	77737Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9786.JPG
Views:	1049
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	77738Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9787.JPG
Views:	1010
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	77739

Grossman56
                Great job!

Comment

• Very well done... congratulations...
                  Manolo.

Comment

• Put 8 flights on mine today. Flies great.

Has anyone had an issue with the flaps not going back up after landing? Happen to me twice.

Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcflyguy View Post
                      Put 8 flights on mine today. Flies great.

Has anyone had an issue with the flaps not going back up after landing? Happen to me twice.

Scott
                      Sounds like a connection issue where connectors are part way in .. Check the Flap connection into the control boards in the wing & on the main one ..

Comment

• The only thing I've run across prior to a maiden, is one of the main gears wouldn't retract all the way, the tire would hit on the front edge of the wheel well and remain out in the wind. Had to finally trim away some of the wheel well to get it to retract fully:Angry:
                        Wasn't impressed with that and I wasn't about to rip into all the decals around the gear to see if it needed adjusting. It's in there solid. It looked more like the spring tension was too much and there isn't a way to adjust that.
                        Meanwhile, I have three coats of Varathane in her and she's ready to rip. Anyone have flight times on a 4000s battery? I'm going with three on the first couple of flights to zero in on it, meanwhile, I ordered a telemetry module from HH (I'm sorry:(:()
                        So I can monitor the flight battery in real time.
                        So here she is.......

Name:	IMG_9788.JPG
Views:	1128
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	77811Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9790.JPG
Views:	1135
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	77812Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9794.JPG
Views:	1089
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	77813Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9795.JPG
Views:	1081
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	77814Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9796.JPG
Views:	1098
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	77815Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9797.JPG
Views:	1030
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	77816

Grossman56 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9798.JPG
Views:	1128
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	77817
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Nice variation Grossman56... 4000mah gets me 3 mins hard flying with around 3.75V per cell on landing.. No such thing as cruising for me..:).. If you're easy on the sticks you may wring 31/2 mins ..Good luck on your maiden though the Avanti is such an awesome Jet you'll settle into it after the 1st turn..;)

Comment

The only thing I've run across prior to a maiden, is one of the main gears wouldn't retract all the way, the tire would hit on the front edge of the wheel well and remain out in the wind. Had to finally trim away some of the wheel well to get it to retract fully:Angry:
                            Wasn't impressed with that and I wasn't about to rip into all the decals around the gear to see if it needed adjusting. It's in there solid. It looked more like the spring tension was too much and there isn't a way to adjust that.
                            Meanwhile, I have three coats of Varathane in her and she's ready to rip. Anyone have flight times on a 4000s battery? I'm going with three on the first couple of flights to zero in on it, meanwhile, I ordered a telemetry module from HH (I'm sorry:(:()
                            So here she is.......
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9788.JPG Views:	1 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	77811Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9790.JPG Views:	1 Size:	60.1 KB ID:	77812Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9794.JPG Views:	1 Size:	45.8 KB ID:	77813Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9795.JPG Views:	1 Size:	49.3 KB ID:	77814Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9796.JPG Views:	1 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	77815Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9797.JPG Views:	1 Size:	48.3 KB ID:	77816

Grossman56 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9798.JPG Views:	1 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	77817
                            Looks awesome man! Good luck.

Yep, I have the same issue with one wheel hitting the wheel well by a good amount and it won't retract since the retract motor eventually stops it to keep from burning out. I'll have to look into it and see if I want to either trim the wheel well (which I don't want to do), or see if I can cut a coil off the trailing link spring and reconnect so it's a tad tighter and is slightly compressed rearward to clear the well.

Thats a suggestion for the factory upon assembly, test the functionality and fitment beforeeeeeeeeee it gets the QC stamp and packed. LOL

Comment

• i did grind away a bit of wheel well area around one wheel and put a washer under the gear mount flange on that gear also. now all is fine.

Comment

She looks sweet Grossman. With it being all smooth and "slippery", it should be even quicker.

On my first few flights I was using Admiral Pro 4000mah batteries and was getting right at 3 minutes too with 1/2 throttle and up. They were coming down at 3.75v per cell (lower than I like to take them. I personally like the 5000mahs better. More of a solid feel.

I'm using the Lemon 7 chan reciever with diversity and built in telemetry. This is my first time playing with telemetry and so far really like it for battery hogs like EDFs. I'm monitoring receiver voltage, flight pack voltage and battery temp. It's helping me get a good understanding, in real time, how thottle management affects energy efficiency, both kinetic and battery.

Good Luck with your maiden. Don't fret about this being your first EDF. She's a great flyer.:Cool:

Comment

• Im playing dumb today as i went to the TShobbies.com website and dont see any pilot bust or a category for such. What is there are stands for models and toys for displaying. Where am i missing getting one of those pilots from?

Comment

• Hi folks. I just received my Avanti and I got it together in a couple of hours. I am waiting on some batteries to arrive in order to fly it. I am an experienced modeler have built a lot of planes including some turbine Avantis. I have a couple of things that came with my plane that I cannot identify.

First, there was a small plywood plate in the small parts bag but I don't see it in any of the pictures or a mention of it in the manual. Any ideas what it is for?

Second, there is a folded up mesh material, black in color in a small bag and I am wondering what it is for?

One of my wing fences is badly warped and curved. I wonder if anyone else has seen this? Any ideas how to rectify it?

Blue Skies!

Rick Pellicciotti
                                    Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpellicciotti View Post
                                      Hi folks. I just received my Avanti and I got it together in a couple of hours. I am waiting on some batteries to arrive in order to fly it. I am an experienced modeler have built a lot of planes including some turbine Avantis. I have a couple of things that came with my plane that I cannot identify.

First, there was a small plywood plate in the small parts bag but I don't see it in any of the pictures or a mention of it in the manual. Any ideas what it is for?

Second, there is a folded up mesh material, black in color in a small bag and I am wondering what it is for?

One of my wing fences is badly warped and curved. I wonder if anyone else has seen this? Any ideas how to rectify it?

Blue Skies!

Rick Pellicciotti
                                      Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.
                                      Ply plate is for support for larger batteries if so needed placed as per pic.. There is a space moulded in the foam for it... The mesh is anti slip matting cut to be placed in battery tray if you require it..

Comment

• Hi Rick, welcome to the Squawk!

The plywood plate is a mounting plate for a gyro if you want one. At least I believe that is what it's for. The mesh material is to be glued down in the area your battery will sit. This is just extra insurance to help keep the battery from moving around. If the wing fence is badly warped and you wish to use them and you bought the Avanti from us (I assume) feel free to contact our Customer Support team, they will be glad to help you out!

As for me, I was outside working in the yard when I noticed the UPS truck pull up. I didn't think anything of it because my Avanti wasn't due until this Tuesday. Well what was waiting for me at my doorstep moments later? Well slap me sideways and call me slappy! :) :)

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	1122
Size:	888.9 KB
ID:	77882

My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey Aros..Where's that Black canopy?? Your letting the Black canopy brigade down..;):)

Comment

Working...
                                          X