Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool vid flanker. Nice flying too mate

Comment

• I received mine on Friday and got it all put together yesterday. All I can say is wow, this is thing just looks so good and has such a nice presence....my wife was even impressed and that is saying a lot!!! The lights are the best I have seen on any stock plane. Great quality and the best build I have had to date. I installed an A3 Super II stabilizer on mine as I deal with a decent amount of wind in my area and have started putting them in my planes with great results.. Hope to maiden it this coming weekend!!

Comment

• Logged another 4 flts today..Life's tough ..:)The more I fly it the more I'm loving it.,

Comment

• Great looking jet,finish was excellent, build was perhaps the easiest of 30 plus builds. Went black on the canopy like a previous post,wow does it make her "pop". Only question I have is that my manual states 55mm on flap high rate w/2mm mix down, 23mm on low rate w/1mm mix down have you guys with them in the air found the flap settings correct? 55mm looks near 80° and the flap is very near the end of its travel measured from bottom of wing to bottom of flapTE.
          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Here is a video of the first two flights of a club-mate's Avanti, taken yesterday. He went with 8s power right out of the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
              Great looking jet,finish was excellent, build was perhaps the easiest of 30 plus builds. Went black on the canopy like a previous post,wow does it make her "pop". Only question I have is that my manual states 55mm on flap high rate w/2mm mix down, 23mm on low rate w/1mm mix down have you guys with them in the air found the flap settings correct? 55mm looks near 80° and the flap is very near the end of its travel measured from bottom of wing to bottom of flapTE.
              I set mine closer to 50 mm at full travel. Guess I missed the suggested mix in the manual. I have mine slowed down with the radio to a 2 second transit time and didn't notice any tendency to pitch up when deployed
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post
                Here is a video of the first two flights of a club-mate's Avanti, taken yesterday. He went with 8s power right out of the box.

My kinda guy! He flys a little too conservatively for me, but cool nonetheless :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

My kinda guy! He flys a little too conservatively for me, but cool nonetheless :)
                  Thanks, Mike Then for taking the video! I'm the pilot. Yes. I'm usually more conservative generally, but as I get more comfortable with the plane I'll add more maneuvers. The Avanti S is so well behaved, I'll want to add them pretty quickly.

Comment

• Preorder two hopefully shipping this week

Comment

• Originally posted by Crashmaster View Post

Thanks, Mike Then for taking the video! I'm the pilot. Yes. I'm usually more conservative generally, but as I get more comfortable with the plane I'll add more maneuvers. The Avanti S is so well behaved, I'll want to add them pretty quickly.
                      Looks like a great flier and definitely has the wing and gear to support the extra weight... I'm going to shoot for 150mph if I decide to build one. :)

Comment

Looks like a great flier and definitely has the wing and gear to support the extra weight... I'm going to shoot for 150mph if I decide to build one. :)
                        It is a great flier. It handled the additional weight as if it wasn't there. I swapped this Tamjets TJ-80 fan/esc system from my old red Habu 32. On 8s, I would get 138 mph WOT on the Habu with this system. On the Avanti S, I am not getting anywhere near that speed. The Habu was a smaller, sleeker, and cleaner airframe. My guess is that the Avanti S presents more drag, and efforts to make it go faster will result in diminishing returns. However, if anybody wants to volunteer reasonable tips on how to improve speed on the Avanti S with this fan system, I am all ears. As a side note, I DID use an intake ring when I installed the fan.

Comment

It is a great flier. It handled the additional weight as if it wasn't there. I swapped this Tamjets TJ-80 fan/esc system from my old red Habu 32. On 8s, I would get 138 mph WOT on the Habu with this system. On the Avanti S, I am not getting anywhere near that speed. The Habu was a smaller, sleeker, and cleaner airframe. My guess is that the Avanti S presents more drag, and efforts to make it go faster will result in diminishing returns. However, if anybody wants to volunteer reasonable tips on how to improve speed on the Avanti S with this fan system, I am all ears. As a side note, I DID use an intake ring when I installed the fan.
                          Do you know how much thrust and RPM that setup pulls?

Yeah, those Habu's ARE slippery devils...

Comment

Do you know how much thrust and RPM that setup pulls?

Yeah, those Habu's ARE slippery devils...

Please note that I am not pulling 89 amps with this system on the Avanti. More like 70.

Comment

Please note that I am not pulling 89 amps with this system on the Avanti. More like 70.
                              As you already know :), the Habu 32 tailpipe/thrust tube exit diameter is much smaller than the exit diameter of this Avanti, and you're also using a 6-blade fan compared to the Avanti's 12-blade. This may be why you're not seeing the speeds you would prefer, as well as the decrease in current compared to your Habu (although intake diameter also plays a role). You may want to consider using a thrust tube to decrease the diameter to provide better velocity of the exiting air, and then do some more testing to compare.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

As you already know :), the Habu 32 tailpipe/thrust tube exit diameter is much smaller than the exit diameter of this Avanti,
                                Thanks for the idea. I guess a few millimeter difference in the exit diameter of the thrust tube does make a difference. Perhaps I'll adapt the thrust tube from the Habu to the Avanti.

Comment

• That's exactly what I'm doing since I have a Jetfan going in it when the plane arrives today. The haven't tested the Habu 32 thrust tube yet, but it measures about 425mm in length, which is likely a few inches longer than needed for the Avanti. We'll have to see though, as we may be able to adapt it if we have some room to play. The stock Habu thrust tube exit diameter is about 64mm, which should be fine for a Jetfan. With your Wemo Pro, you may be able to reduce it just a tad further without negative effects. It depends on lots of factors though, so we'll all have to do some trial and error.

Comment

• Found this... http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemId=1108145

Comment

• Looks kind of like a ticket scalper. Someone looking to make a buck from someone that just can't wait.
                                      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                                        Looks kind of like a ticket scalper. Someone looking to make a buck from someone that just can't wait.
                                        Yes and no. If he bought it from a place other than Motion, he paid $380.00US, so he's making 20 bucks. If he got it from Motion and chose free shipping free to Florida, then yes, he's scalping. If so, then he's making $100.00.

Comment

• Woohoo! It's arrived...
                                          :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1152.JPG
Views:	683
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	77176

Comment

Working...
                                          X