Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=HellHathNoFury;n77213]
    Originally posted by Shirty View Post
    Unpacked, all looks good. Mines the same, decal not quite the same colour or lines up with the rest, but no biggie. Now to get busy, where's that build video lol. Thanks motion, again no dramas with the freight, all safe and sound.

Hey Shirty.. Build video?? I thought you would have memorised it by now.. You've had enough time..LOL
    Hahaha. Funny bugger. You'd think so, wouldn't you? :)

Comment

• So second preorder is supposed to ship tomorrow?

Comment

• Woohoo!! I was Pre-order 2 and just got my Order Shipped email!
        MRC: Avanti S, F7F Tigercat. Eflite: Carbon Z Cub, A-10, P-47, Micro Radian. Flex Innovations: QQ300, Night Cessna 150, HK Night Walrus, Parkzone F-27 Stryker, Micro F-27 Stryker, Night Vapor, Micro Mosquito

Comment

• Almost finished my build, just gottta solder a xt90 on the esc. Besides the little minor things noted already (nose doors not quite line up/bit flimsy, decal/paint etc), I did notice the flap servos are installed in different locations on each wing. It's obviously not an issue, but I found a little strange they are not even. These things are pretty minor in my book, especially for the price and other features, however if it was the f16, a10 etc for that money I'd expect these little things sorted. Would have liked some white paint instead of bare foam, (like the tb16), think it would have finished the appearance off on such a nice looking model, but again no biggie. Having said that, the positives far outweigh these little negatives, at least for me.

1. It flies awesome
          2. It flies awesome
          3. It flies awesome.
          4. Love the ribbon wing connectors
          5. Easiest, and quickest build I've ever encountered
          6. Love the dual elevator servos. Whilst not much of an issue with this type of tail design, still good to see and means much nicer flight tuning and handling.
          7. Tail sits nice and tight. No play whatsoever in the horizontal stab or rudder seat, really nice and rigid. Again means nicer flight performance.
          8. Big battery area.

All in all pretty happy so far. Maiden hopefully next couple of days if the rain lets up. Can't wait to fly it :)

Comment

• T-Cat ............................. Those defects you showed us are some of the worst I've seen. I'd expect these sorts of things for models from LX or BlitzRcWorks. I'd still buy those brands but I'd not expect everything to be near perfect. I hope that your's was a "one off" and not the norm and everyone else has just been too polite to say anything. Nevertheless, it would not deter me from buying one. Most can be fixed or overlooked.

Comment

• Group 2 should start getting their notifications today. I just got my notification! Whoo! :Cool:
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Coolest edf at the field now. My new favorite plane until the A-10 arrives .Flying it on 5000mah lipos and getting 4minutes of high speed flying. I have some 5500s to try. Our club just put down a geotex runway and this jet gets up in about 15feet with a little headwind. I'm going to throw some more flap in it and see it I can get it to slow down even more for those low, slow flybys. My son has a FMS Futura and the biggest complaint he has about is the nose does not come off like the Avanti. He dinged it in a heavy crosswind landing and now has a wrinkled nose cone. Can't wait to see both in the air side by side to see which one is faster. For the life of me, I can't see how anyone can complain about the speed of this jet. A my field, it gets small real quick. Plenty enough for me, in fact I find myself backing the throttle down to just above 50% for the more relaxed flying I like. And a shout goes out to the designers for making the best landing gear setup I have seen an EDF. Our field is located on top of an old landfill and on one of my landings I came in a little too hot and rolled down the side of the hill about 15 feet. The jet was sitting nose down on about a 45 degree angle so I wanted too see if it would turn around and taxi back up in the rough grass. No problem at all. Gotta love this Avanti.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                  Almost finished my build, just gottta solder a xt90 on the esc. Besides the little minor things noted already (nose doors not quite line up/bit flimsy, decal/paint etc), I did notice the flap servos are installed in different locations on each wing. It's obviously not an issue, but I found a little strange they are not even. These things are pretty minor in my book, especially for the price and other features, however if it was the f16, a10 etc for that money I'd expect these little things sorted. Would have liked some white paint instead of bare foam, (like the tb16), think it would have finished the appearance off on such a nice looking model, but again no biggie. Having said that, the positives far outweigh these little negatives, at least for me.

1. It flies awesome
                  2. It flies awesome
                  3. It flies awesome.
                  4. Love the ribbon wing connectors
                  5. Easiest, and quickest build I've ever encountered
                  6. Love the dual elevator servos. Whilst not much of an issue with this type of tail design, still good to see and means much nicer flight tuning and handling.
                  7. Tail sits nice and tight. No play whatsoever in the horizontal stab or rudder seat, really nice and rigid. Again means nicer flight performance.
                  8. Big battery area.

All in all pretty happy so far. Maiden hopefully next couple of days if the rain lets up. Can't wait to fly it :)
                  Check post #934 if you want to fix the flimsy nose gear doors.

Comment

• Mine shipped! Due Thursday!!

Comment

• Pre order two shipped for me also. The longest week of my life begins today !

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
                        Our field is located on top of an old landfill and on one of my landings I came in a little too hot and rolled down the side of the hill about 15 feet. The jet was sitting nose down on about a 45 degree angle so I wanted too see if it would turn around and taxi back up in the rough grass. No problem at all. Gotta love this Avanti.
                        Where do you fly? My old club is also on top of an old landfill. Thanks for the report!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• We fly at Vista View Park which is in Davie, Florida. It's located west of Ft Lauderdale.

Comment

• Ah. So only 3,000+ miles from mine. We're practically neighbors! ;) LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Test flew today. It was mostly cloudy, but forecasted winds aren’t looking good for the rest of the week here, so I decided to test today. The color scheme isn’t real easy to see against a gray sky, and when she is pointed at you she’s really hard to see. Our local EDF jet guy witnessed the test flights and was very impressed with the Avanti-S. She flies smooth, and handles well. Great thrust – could do four vertical rolls and still fly away from the top. Initial takeoff was no flaps, because I didn’t have the flap/elevator mix set yet. Takeoffs from grass are no problem. Later takeoffs with flaps were even better, with a shorter run. Liftoffs are scale-like. Landing flaps work well - she handles good with the flaps and gear down. Did one landing w/o flaps and she glides a long ways. I used the recommended settings for T/O and landing flaps and I think they are perfect. She flies around nicely at half throttle (stick position), still scooting right along. After 4 minutes of fairly hard flying I had 22% - 26% left in the three LiPo (Admiral 6S 5000 50C) batteries. Ground handling is good – the bigger wheels work well on grass and the shock struts seem to smooth out the ground runs. I flew it on the recommended low rates most of the time. I will be using low rate throw for aileron, will add just a tad more throw to elevator (from low rate), and will use high rate throw for rudder. I don’t normally use rates, so will just adjust the throws and keep everything at 100%. I did discover on one reverse Cuban Eight that she will do an accelerated stall – I pulled tight on the loop after the roll and she did a ¼ snap to the right, so you do have to be careful about tight turns at lower speeds. But that is true of any model with a higher wing loading like most EDF jets have, and is expected. And even though it is not a typical jet maneuver, I did try to snap roll her and she does decent snap rolls. She sounds really good in the air – very jet-like! Overall, a nice flying jet with plenty of power.

As for mods, I added 2mm dia. carbon rods to the inside of the front LG doors (like another guy showed on this forum), except for the front 2" or so where the tire slides upon opening the doors. And I replaced the spring with one that had a little less force. This seems to have solved the problem of the front LG doors bending and not closing properly. I painted the cockpit interior, added a rear instrument panel, and a pilot before gluing the canopy on. It was very nice of FW to cut the canopy to an exact fit - made gluing it on easy. I used the glue that came with the model and it worked great. I had to sand down the main wing spar just a bit as it was a very tight fit in the right wing, but no big deal. I removed some tiny bits of EPO and trim material from around all the pinned hinges. Other than these nits assembly was very easy. FW did a nice job on the molds for this jet. I believe I am going to be very happy flying it!

Comment

• Anyone interested in a great looking pilot for this plane, here's the one I purchased from TSHobbies a while ago, perfect fit!!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9783.JPG
Views:	950
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	77379Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9782.JPG
Views:	943
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	77380
                                He reminds me of an Ex fighter jock, now retired but still wants to sit in the cockpit of a high performance jet.
                                Reminds me of all the guys we have on the site that are ex fighter jocks and so to you guys, that's my tip of the hat, thank you for service!!

Thanks TS for the great pilot !
                                Diane is looking up call signs to paint on his helmet, I was thinking of getting two, one for each seat and the pilot would be 'Rock' and the GIB would be 'Roll'

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Avanti Flu or not .. Put in another 4 flts today.. Best damn Jet I have ever bought hands down.. Love the ease it performs aerobatics & my Grass field...Mr Freewing more Sports Jets of this caliber please..:)

Comment

• Mine arrived here at my local UPS depot a few days back but only just managed to get it today. Built it this evening and went together a treat. Very little marking on the foam and my side decal to paint lines up well. So none of the previous issues at all. Very happy with it and looking forward to the maiden this weekend

Comment

• I concur with how everything went together so quick and easy. Most paint lines are great except for the forward crossover of the canopy had some seppage from the paint mask. All in all an excellent model! Using a Lemon 7channel. Hope to fly it soon.

Comment

• Got the maiden flight in, the only negative thing is the color is hard to see

Comment

• I recieved mine today from pre order #2. Going together great so far. Here in SE Mich, it will be a couple days til maiden with all the rain. Time for canopy glue to dry so no rush.

Comment

Working...
                                          X