First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My avanti showed up today.

Here is the cockpit with 2 pilots I ordered from motion RC

Freewing Pilot Figure 10

52mm (2.0") Jet Pilot Figure from Freewing - FP12510 This pilot figure is used in the following Freewing planes: A-10 Thunderbolt II Su-35 A-6 Intruder Height at base: 52mmWidth at base: 48mmDepth at base: 30mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken LaPointe View Post
      My avanti showed up today.

Here is the cockpit with 2 pilots I ordered from motion RC

Freewing Pilot Figure 10

52mm (2.0") Jet Pilot Figure from Freewing - FP12510 This pilot figure is used in the following Freewing planes: A-10 Thunderbolt II Su-35 A-6 Intruder Height at base: 52mmWidth at base: 48mmDepth at base: 30mm
      Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Been here a while but thanks for your first post!!! Very cool!! :Cool:

Comment

•  

Comment

• COOL!!!! I like it bro!

Comment

• Started assembly of my Avanti. Installed the afterburner center light from RC geek and lined the exhaust duct with thin foil tape.

anyone have a color match for the yellow and gray paint colors?

Comment

• Looks great!
              I ended up getting the closest Testors yellow I could find and adding red, drop at a time then shaking. It takes some time, but once you have it, save that bottle for nothing else!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Thank you Shirty. I did all the things you suggested. Found no problems with plugs etc. I did attach the wing fences and flew the jet today. The issue seems resolved and I think it is because the fences allow better knife edge without all of the mixing and without the high amount of rudder required to maintain level knife edge. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

• More than welcome mate. :)

Comment

• these are from lowes, apply with foam brush, blends perfectly, afterburner looks sweet
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Thanks to Top Gun, I’ve copied is color for the top and painted the checks on the stab. I also took his advise on what afterburner to get. Two questions, will the cone sticking out farther than the jet fuse cause enough drag to hurt anything? And the afterburner lights, are they supposed to light blue all the time? When I plug item up they come on low then as I throttle up, they turn brighter blue then orange then red so they are working just wondering about them being on at low throttle.

Comment

• Hey mate, personally I've had no issues with the cone sticking out that I could notice, and mines a little longer I think. And 2, yes, my afb goes a light blue when on, and increases in brightness with throttle, then yes orange then red.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                          Hey mate, personally I've had no issues with the cone sticking out that I could notice, and mines a little longer I think. And 2, yes, my afb goes a light blue when on, and increases in brightness with throttle, then yes orange then red.
                          Good deal. Thanks Shirty. An hardly wait to get this in the air. My firs EDF Jet. I think I’ve got a one.

Comment

• Originally posted by TLC View Post

Good deal. Thanks Shirty. An hardly wait to get this in the air. My firs EDF Jet. I think I’ve got a one.
                            grats mate, you'll love it. It's a perfect intro to edf's. Flies like a trainer, but very capable in all sorts of aerobatics. One of my favourites for just no fuss, throw around the sky fun. Best of luck with the maiden! ;)

Comment

• Got all the control surfaces manually centered and put a 6s 4500 battery in and checked the CG. With battery full forward it’s at 115mm, instructions say 105-110. Will I be ok? I did add the afterburner light ring and plastic cone and metal tape to cover channel for wires but I can’t see that making that much difference. I know CG is just a starting point but I also know tail heavy planes get squirrelly quick.

Comment

• I'm using turnigy graphene 5000's at over 900 grams, so doubt this is much help but here's a pic. Personally, I think you'll be fine if you have a 4500 at the forward edge of the tray, maybe hang the edge of the batt a bit over, at least for maiden.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1777.JPG Views:	1 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	124890

Comment

• Ordered mine this weekend!!!! I have a few questions.
                                  Has anyone color matched the blue paint from the canopy on motion's webpage. I think it looks sharp and may do the same to mine.
                                  I have been flying my rebel v2 a bit and of course wanted to go bigger and faster. I have been told this is easier to fly than my rebel. Any truth to that?

Comment

• Not sure on how easy the
                                    Rebel is, but this plane is extremely easy to fly!
                                    I just have to remember to raise the nose on landing!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by BrandonTW82 View Post
                                      Ordered mine this weekend!!!! I have a few questions.
                                      Has anyone color matched the blue paint from the canopy on motion's webpage. I think it looks sharp and may do the same to mine.
                                      I have been flying my rebel v2 a bit and of course wanted to go bigger and faster. I have been told this is easier to fly than my rebel. Any truth to that?
                                      Grats on the purchase. Dunno bout an exact colour match, I just picked a blue I liked and sprayed it. Yes, I'd say the avanti is easier to fly than the rebel. Lot more predictable, and bigger flies better. ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1714.JPG
Views:	1171
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	125509

Comment

• I wonder if adding thrust vectoring would be an option. Maybe take parts or ideas from another EDF jet with thrust vectoring?

Comment

• Here's a pic of what it looks like in the sun, and I used the tamiya blue mica. Hope it helps...

thrust vector would be a great addition. ;)

Name:	IMG_1787.JPG
Views:	1163
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	125917

Name:	IMG_1786.JPG
Views:	1137
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	125918

Comment

Working...