X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Our local Ace Hardware has one set up for use.

Grossman56
    Or you can simply press "Order this printed" here to have someone print it for you,
    Just a support for the front gear to rest on for rough landings, I just glued it in with supply canopy glue. Printed with pla 5% infill seems strong enough ( your mileage may vary ) This thing was made with Tinkercad. Edit it online https://www.tinkercad.com/things/azeEEsoWC62

Comment

• COOL!
      Team Gross!

Comment

• 1st post here! Hello to all!

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this model. I have gone through all the posts and there is a lot of great info here! I'm a little concerned about transporting this model. I have a 4-door Acura TL that does not have fold down rear seat access to the trunk. How safe is it to take the the wings off and on repeatedly for transport? I kinda remember someone mentioning that they did that. How many here do that? This would be my first EDF and it sounds like this one would be perfect! I fly a Parkzone Stryker F-27C and a fellow flier said this Avanti-S should be no problem.

John

Comment

• Hi JT, welcome to the Squawk!
          The wings mount easily with the Avanti. I personally just fold the L/G and stuff it in the back seat of my Silverado, the wingspan isn't such that it won't fit in most cars. There's also the option of just pulling one wing. At any rate, two screws and the wing slides off, there is a plug for each wing right at the joint.
          Very user friendly!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• I try to avoid pulling the wings on mine but do occasionally if needed to fit more planes in my mini van. Main concern would be in pulling a pin loose. Anybody know what size battery balance plug cover is needed with this one?
            I know 6s does not work.I bought some and did my A-10 before ever getting the Avanti. Since I had leftovers from it tried and the Avanti plug is quite a bit smaller. (And the A-4 is even smaller than the Avanti)
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I have a newb question. I just got my Avanti. I have a fixed gear Pandora and a belly landing Stinger 64. Never had retracks before.
              I had a decent gain on an investment so the first thing I did was ordered my dream jet, the Avanti. I threw in a Rochobby Scorpion too for the heck of it.
              Anyway, I am setting up the Avanti and notice the front gear turning servo tries to rotate with the rudder when the gear is up. I assumed there would be a switch that shuts it off when retracted. Is there something obvious I am missing?

Comment

• You're not missing anything Mayler. The rudder and steering run on the same channel via the board. It doesn't hurt anything as the way the tiller is made allows the linkage to slide free when the gear is retracted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayler View Post
                  I have a newb question. I just got my Avanti. I have a fixed gear Pandora and a belly landing Stinger 64. Never had retracks before.
                  I had a decent gain on an investment so the first thing I did was ordered my dream jet, the Avanti. I threw in a Rochobby Scorpion too for the heck of it.
                  Anyway, I am setting up the Avanti and notice the front gear turning servo tries to rotate with the rudder when the gear is up. I assumed there would be a switch that shuts it off when retracted. Is there something obvious I am missing?
                  what i do in this case, you just unplug the front wheel servo from the plane and you plug it in a free aux on your Rx, after that you do a mix (Rudder-Aux + Gear-Aux) with your Tx,
                  when the front wheel is down the rudder works with the front wheel an when the front wheel is up only the rudder works, i do this on all my plane and it works perfectly ...

Comment

• Bill, Pasc ,
                    Thanks for the replies.
                    I did not take the spring off the hatch to see how the front gear worked. I just heard the servo activating. Figured I would ask before breaking anything.

All 8 of my rec channels are taken up with my gyro and gain. I have a Taranis X7, I could add a rec and use the sbus to add a few channels but thats above me right now. Since Bill says it' not broke I will leave it.

I am glad I looked here there are some great ideas, rubber bands on the spring, tubing on the front suspension, the block behind the front wheel post. Even the advice if your forced to belly land to put the flaps up at the last second. Great advice.

This Avanti looks really nice. Great quality. Well worth the money. It sounds like a Rolls Royce engine compared to my Stinger 64.

I can't wait for the first flight.

I may be back with more questions.

Thanks.

Comment

• Quite welcome Mayler. Happy to help when I can (we all gotta start somewhere). Pascandrea's post works well, too.Just need the free channel to do it with.

Edit, don't get that wrong. I'm not saying you are a newbie. (4s Stinger 64 is a hot rod so you should be fine flying) Possibly your 1st with retracts & flaps so I can understand asking when in doubt.

Comment

• Once i buy this amazing jet im gonna mod a few tings issues i hear is the horns most guys are having or lost the jet to this reminds me of f27q first run no backplates and now the avanti has only horns into the foam compressed i think hoy glue or ca over the top area to make sure its not gonna pop out what have u pilots been doing

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                          Mine hit the 118th flight today. Sadly, hat cam video does not do it justice.

Wow alot of flights stock system and all same no issues?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter killr 86 View Post

Wow alot of flights stock system and all same no issues?
                            Not really that many. I had a 70 mm Yak 130 that I put almost 300 on before selling it to another club member. My Avanti is pretty much stock. I bought it as an ARF Plus and dropped a fan & ESC from a Mig 21 in it. It's also on it's 2nd fuselage since I buggared up the original with a bad landing early in it's life.

Comment

• Thanks Gross and Bill. Yeah it’s the wire connectors I’m concerned with. Until I actually get one and see how it will fit in my car....
                              Removing just one wing is a good idea, if I have to, and alternating them would reduce wear and tear.

Seems like the Admiral 5000’s is a good choice. For this model, would going down to the 4500 and saving 3.2 oz. make much of a difference besides losing about 30 seconds of flight time?

Comment

• You may not want to make that drop in MA jt. Most people using 5000's wind up with them pretty far forward. I fly 5500's in mine and know some use even higher 5800 - 6200

Comment

• Whoa! I didn’t realize pilots were running packs that large!

Comment

• The Avanti's battery area was well thought out. I think they were making allowances for people who would want to hot rod it with 8s setups.
                                    My 5500's net 4 minutes of mixed flight with cool packs and around 3.8 per cell after landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter killr 86 View Post
                                      Once i buy this amazing jet im gonna mod a few tings issues i hear is the horns most guys are having or lost the jet to this reminds me of f27q first run no backplates and now the avanti has only horns into the foam compressed i think hoy glue or ca over the top area to make sure its not gonna pop out what have u pilots been doing
                                      You can see what I did in post #1705.

Comment

• my daughter had my gear support printed at school for me in VT maroon , thanks for posting this, fits perfect :)
                                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Thanks Bill. What 5500's are you using?

Comment

Working...
                                          X