Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 80mm Avanti S Sport Jet Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Shirty.
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Y'all tired of me yet? :Silly: Another hat cam video but at least it caught a good "short field" landing. It was a bit breezy/gusty out today but this thing handles it well even without a gyro. (well one might have helped with the triple loop that got a little out of whack but hey, it's still a very forgiving model)

Comment

• You know me mate, I can watch rc vids all day. Nice flying. :)

Comment

• Great flight,thanks for posting, taking notes
          rc flyin addict

Comment

• Too much bare white foam for my taste so I added a little more color.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flydown View Post
                Too much bare white foam for my taste so I added a little more color.
                Welcome to the Squawk Flydown. She looks great!

Comment

• It looks good, Flydown, very sporty! Welcome to Hobby Squawk! A tip for your Arizona weather... take care to avoid prolonged sun/heat exposure with your blacked out canopy.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Ok guys. I have some PayPal refunds that are burning a hole in my pocket. I bought an A-10, built it and then sold it to a close friend. I fly mostly turbines and IMAC planes. I’ve read here in other threads that the Avanti is probably the best overall jet out there. Do you all agree? We used to fly EDF’s but were turned off by puffed batteries and short flight times. Now, with the better batteries and lighter wing loading, I’m hoping things have improved. Trying to decide between this and the B-24

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      It looks good, Flydown, very sporty! Welcome to Hobby Squawk! A tip for your Arizona weather... take care to avoid prolonged sun/heat exposure with your blacked out canopy.
                      While you are up there at the North Pole, how about cracking the whip over the elves and get them rolling on the upgraded struts for the A-10

Comment

• Guys I'm going crazy deciding which plane to buy next. Keep on going back and forth between the yak 70mm, f-86 80mm and Avanti. Any advice?

to give you some background I started off with warbirds and have been flying edfs for the past year. Have been flying a few 64mm and the rebel 70mm.

thanks!

Comment

• Vasaro, what is your take on the Rebel 70? Is yours 4s or 6s? I see FMS has a 70mm Avanti now.

Comment

• Hi mach9, my rebel is 4s 12 blade. It's my favorite plane-super solid in the air without any gyro and can easily do all acrobatics. Almost all my jets have been Freewing so I'm sticking with them for my next jet. Have heard mixed things of fms...

Comment

• Vssaro.....the fw 70mm yak is a great flyer (mine is the v1 6blade fan). I get 5min flights with reserve on admiral 4000, that is the upside. The downside is the gear is quite stiff with little give(like my ex wife...) It needs a gyro on windy days to fly smooth. And a long rollout on landing if you land it scale like. The fw avanti on the other hand is well worth the extra investment. Easy to land,short take off,rough field capable,no gyro needed, 15mph wind is nothing. A truly confidence inspiring thing to fly.
                              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasaro View Post
                                Guys I'm going crazy deciding which plane to buy next. Keep on going back and forth between the yak 70mm, f-86 80mm and Avanti. Any advice?

to give you some background I started off with warbirds and have been flying edfs for the past year. Have been flying a few 64mm and the rebel 70mm.

thanks!
                                Welcome to the Squawk Vasaro. Based on what you have been flying, the Freewing Avanti would be a great choice. It has light wing loading and is a very capable aerobatic bird. It flys very smooth and has a wide flight envelope. It's my "go to" sport jet.

Comment

• Vasaro, I'll echo what's already been said. Since you're already flying the Rebel 70mm confidently, I think the Avanti is a safe step up. Keep it at half throttle while you learn its differences from the Rebel... the Avanti has more power but flown at half stick it is a *****cat. You'll be investing in the 6s 4000 battery size now that you're sizing up, but based on your wishlist all of those models use this same battery. So, as time goes on and you buy up the rest of your list, you can keep the same battery and amortize its cost over time/models/flights.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys! Looks like the Avanti it is!

Comment

• So my wife thinks $329 is too much hahah. Going back to the original question what's a good step up from the rebel in the 70mm class?

Comment

• Stepping up to higher performance is going to mean more money. The bigger, faster models just cost more (and need bigger, more expensive batteries)
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          It looks good, Flydown, very sporty! Welcome to Hobby Squawk! A tip for your Arizona weather... take care to avoid prolonged sun/heat exposure with your blacked out canopy.
                                          Thank you! I figured with the black canopy at least any alligator like foam in the cockpit from the sun will not show unlike a few of my clear cockpit planes.
                                          I was at the Arizona Electric Fly Festival earlier this year when the Avanti S was introduced that sold me on it. Winner of best flight in show was icing on the cake. This has quickly become my favorite jet due to its precision, wide flight envelope and how well it settles down on landings.

Comment

Working...
                                          X