X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain MoMo View Post
    When will this model come back in stock?
    It's back in stock now.

Comment

• I went to search the thread as I could have sworn someone is 3D printing the front gear brace for a fee. Am I correct ? And is who is making them and what is the cost .

Comment

• here ya go, you can pay to have it printed or send the file to someone with a printer. Fits and works great

Just a support for the front gear to rest on for rough landings, I just glued it in with supply canopy glue. Printed with pla 5% infill seems strong enough ( your mileage may vary ) This thing was made with Tinkercad. Edit it online https://www.tinkercad.com/things/azeEEsoWC62

rc flyin addict

Comment

• Made one out of balsa plyboard in about 15 minutes with a razor drill and a dremel glued it in works great ...great idea:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
            here ya go, you can pay to have it printed or send the file to someone with a printer. Fits and works great

Just a support for the front gear to rest on for rough landings, I just glued it in with supply canopy glue. Printed with pla 5% infill seems strong enough ( your mileage may vary ) This thing was made with Tinkercad. Edit it online https://www.tinkercad.com/things/azeEEsoWC62

Thanks !!!

Comment

• Any recommendations for a landing light that would fit the front strut of the Avanti?

PS -
              Just ordered my Avanti...:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Personally I like the 1/12 resin pilot bust from jethangar.com. My Avanti needs a military repaint.
                Ask TS what scale is the Robin Olds figure I have in mine. It's just perfect for this bird.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9785.JPG
Views:	865
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	119598Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9786.JPG
Views:	916
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	119599Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9787.JPG
Views:	765
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	119600Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9795.JPG
Views:	816
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	119601

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• It just dawned on me that there is an easy way to electronically trim air rudder and nosewheel steering independently. This saves a lot of mechanical fussing after each taxi test.
                  The Freewing 80mm Avanti S has a great circuit board that provides 5 Y-cables.
                  One joins the rudder and nosewheel steering servos.
                  However, then you cannot independently trim for straight steering and centered rudder. At least without mechanical adjustments.
                  The solution is easy: Use an extra servo channel (7 rather than 6-channel Rx), and mix rudder 100% to channel 7.
                  This was surprisingly neat and tidy on my machine. And allows you to subtrim each separately.

Optionally, with a good radio and good choice of which servo is plugged into Rx rudder output, you can choose to make Tx front panel rudder trim lever either :
                  • Trim rudder
                  • Trim steering
                  • Or trim both.

Since I rarely need to trim air rudder in motion (vs. on the bench), I will likely choose to plug the steering servo into receiver rudder channel where Tx front panel trim would work. I disabled trim passing through the mixing. And have Rx channel 7 output go to the mixing board rudder input (or alternately directly to the air rudder servo).
                  Since many of us will have a receiver with more than 6 channels, this is a nice solution. Hope this helps.
                  Cheers, Russ.

Comment

• has anyone set their avanti up on jeti, if so i need some help

Comment

• Originally posted by cansfan View Post
                      has anyone set their avanti up on jeti, if so i need some help
                      Yes, but I'm no where near my tx. I would try and help you though if I can.

Comment

• Found the answer !
                        Last edited by iamapipertoo; Mar 1, 2018, 05:14 PM. Reason: found the answer

Comment

• Originally posted by russ t View Post
                          Has anyone got the Avanti S ESC low voltage 'soft' cut-off to work? I (unfortunately) have had two dead stick landings due running a poor battery down. In both occurrences I glided in. After reducing the throttle to zero, and not knowing what the problem was I then added a small amount of throttle to see if it would taxi. The motor powered up for 1 second. I tried a few more times. Surely the battery voltage would have recovered somewhat so I could run say at low, low, low idle (vs. 50 Amps in flight). Especially since according to the ESC manual (on the aircraft web page below the price https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...iles/fwesc.pdf), the default throttle setting is 'soft' cut-off. But it just shuts off instantly even when I tried to get it to low, low idle.

So for next day of flying I went into the ESC programming mode and definitely set it for 'soft' cut-off. A few flying days later, same thing.

I called MotionRC support, and they graciously suggested I send the ESC back to them for testing. But that's harder to do from Canada, and at Christmas time. So I though I would post here to see if anyone else had this problem. Please can anyone comment?
                          Thanks, Russ.
                          I have done some follow up on how stock ESC low voltage cut-off works. Since the soft cutoff was too soft to be noticeable I have now changed to hard cut-off. If you set the cut-off to hard cut-off mode, it can be reset in flight so you can continue the flight. All you need to do is reduce throttle to zero, then raise the throttle back up. You do not have to hold the throttle off for any length of time to reset the cut-off. I tried pausing the throttle fully off for as short a time as I could manage, and it always reset promptly.
                          FYI, Russ.

Comment

• I have purchased this plane but not flown yet
                            any advices please

Comment

• Yep, watch the ailerons. I rolled mine back to 80% in the radio, the set my dual rates up:
                              High=100% 30% Expo
                              Mid=80% 30% Expo
                              Low 70% 30% Expo
                              This was after flying with my servo throws at 100%. went to turn and she rolled, THAT FAST
                              So, I dropped her into low rates and landed, reset the throws for ailerons to 80% and tried again, worked great, I usually stick to mid rates, but High and Low are fun to try rather than useless now.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Yep. Definitely maiden on half aileron throws and see what you think. She rolls very quick at full throws. Otherwise, go fly the pants off her. :)

Comment

• great flight today, still inching the cg back, still a little more to go GREAT PLANE, still waiting for the sun, HD 720P

rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief58D View Post
                                    Any recommendations for a landing light that would fit the front strut of the Avanti?

PS -
                                    Just ordered my Avanti...:)
                                    90mm freewing f16 lightset,

I used the freewing controller to sync it with the landing gear

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Great plane, just about dialed in, here is today's flight

rc flyin addict

Comment

• Hey guys, thanks for all of the useful info you have offered on this website. I too have an Adanti S and I really love it. Tremendous flyer and awesome sound. However, as of late I too have had flap issues. The left flap often times will not parallel the right one. I've been lucky so far. Before I land I slowly apply the flaps and if I get a slight roll I will repeat the process. My real issue of late is a problem with the eight point roll. On the last two pumps of aileron the plane fails to roll and kicks itself around a bit Then it recovers but my maneuver looks awful. BTW I have lots of mixing with the rudder knife edge flight. With right rudder it has about ten degrees of left aileron, and some up elevator. So there is a lot going on and I wonder if the receiver is trying to brown out. This problem did not happen during the first dozen flights but now it is occuring. I'm using a Futaba 18SZ and a Futaba R7008SB receiver. Pulse 5,000 ma batteries. I am going to re-route the antenna and check all of my plug connections. Any thoughts from ya'll ??

Comment

• Nose Gear Door Springs - Here is a clear photo of how the spring is installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by corry View Post
                                          Hey guys, thanks for all of the useful info you have offered on this website. I too have an Adanti S and I really love it. Tremendous flyer and awesome sound. However, as of late I too have had flap issues. The left flap often times will not parallel the right one. I've been lucky so far. Before I land I slowly apply the flaps and if I get a slight roll I will repeat the process. My real issue of late is a problem with the eight point roll. On the last two pumps of aileron the plane fails to roll and kicks itself around a bit Then it recovers but my maneuver looks awful. BTW I have lots of mixing with the rudder knife edge flight. With right rudder it has about ten degrees of left aileron, and some up elevator. So there is a lot going on and I wonder if the receiver is trying to brown out. This problem did not happen during the first dozen flights but now it is occuring. I'm using a Futaba 18SZ and a Futaba R7008SB receiver. Pulse 5,000 ma batteries. I am going to re-route the antenna and check all of my plug connections. Any thoughts from ya'll ??
                                          I very much doubt it's your receiver, more likely the servos are suspect imho mate. I haven't found much coupling in knife edge either on either of mine, I'd check everything's aligned and seated properly, including the stabs, check foam warp etc - could be a little cg change helps too.

Comment

Working...
                                          X