Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive! Please send to me when it's complete. I assume A is for Alpha, right? Oh, it's not? :)
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• This was supposed to be simple sport plane. After seeing others cockpits, now I have to unglue and paint up the seats and add so.e trim to dress it up. You guys are killing me. The scoops are functional feeding the fan unit.
      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Niiiicccee. That's awesome mate, well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
          Ok I couldn't wait any longer, so took my heat gun out and unwrapped her, Oooooo
          Very nice! it is nice to see a different color than yellow.

Comment

• Got some paint on the wings , and still waiting on my graphics from Callie.
            BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
              Got some paint on the wings , and still waiting on my graphics from Callie.
              Looks awesome Jetman. I really like the colors a lot.

Woodcock

Comment

• Evening all, by any chance, does anyone know of a good vectored thrust nozzle I could add to this bird?

I've enjoyed doing pop-tops, crankshafts, and basic hovers with it, but the lack of vectored thrust results in ~15 second hovers before it falls out of them.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogzrc View Post
                  Evening all, by any chance, does anyone know of a good vectored thrust nozzle I could add to this bird?

I've enjoyed doing pop-tops, crankshafts, and basic hovers with it, but the lack of vectored thrust results in ~15 second hovers before it falls out of them.

Thanks!
                  I know of only 2 planes with vector thrust nozzles close to the size you need and you are holding one of them in your avatar - the SebArt Mig 29. It so happens that those are the same nozzles (except for cosmetic edging) that come on the Freewing SU-3. However, you are using the nozzle from a 70mm plane to an 80mm plane. Can't say how much this will affect thrust.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    I know of only 2 planes with vector thrust nozzles close to the size you need and you are holding one of them in your avatar - the SebArt Mig 29. It so happens that those are the same nozzles (except for cosmetic edging) that come on the Freewing SU-3. However, you are using the nozzle from a 70mm plane to an 80mm plane. Can't say how much this will affect thrust.
                    My worry is those would choke the thrust badly on an 80mm EDF. Maybe a 3D printed one could work, but I wonder how precise you'd need the printer to be to prevent binding

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	134152 just thought i would post my invisible wing fences for you too see..lol made from plexiglass for those who dont like the look of wing fences:Cool:

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	134904 ok its finished ..a3 gyro.... freewing 12 blade inrunner 6s..... front gear modded .. put rubber band on front gear spring......invisable wing fences......1/16 inch pinstripe to make the lines pop 3 coats high gloss polycrylic now for the maidian

Comment

• When you guys apply polycrylic, do you just use a foam brush? What's the preferred application process?

Comment

• i like a foam brush better than spray or brush bristle type dont use the dollar store quality thay have a good one at lowes the foam is finer

Comment

• A foam or a soft wide, flat brush works well too, three or four coats, allowing them to set up for 6+ hours works great. I've found that if you're going for the glossiest finish, a brush gives the best results, for a duller finish, a spray gun works best.

Grossman55
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Name:	20180603_091231.jpg
Views:	1426
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	135530Click image for larger version

Name:	20180603_091618.jpg
Views:	1511
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	135531Click image for larger version  Name:	20180603_025450.jpg Views:	1 Size:	107.7 KB ID:	135509 It's been slow going, and here is the left side done. I'm getting there some day.
                                At least I won't get mixed up with someone else's plane at the field.
                                I was in the first group to get this plane when it came out, but , I hated it when it arrived. same size as my original Habu. but after a year seeing it sit in the corner, I decided to give it five minutes of my time. I think I love it now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180603_024818.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	135508

Comment

• Very cool! Love the chrome silver...:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    Very cool! Love the chrome silver...:Cool:
                                    Like wise. Silver and red, really nice color combo.

Woody

Comment

• sweeet:Cool:
                                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Comment

• WOW, that's some great paint job t33!!
                                          I love the paint off mine, but only in a different way, new fuse and vertical stab and she's back in the air. Can't wait for Muncie with all that runway just to ease her in...……..:Sleepy:

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X