X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.motionrc.com/collections...h-and-coatings
    Take your pick, as soon and Mark and Tom get it back in stock....
    Any idea when guys??

Dang Russ T, just had to say hi and welcome to Hobbysquawk!! Vancouver, I was born there and spent 58 years until moving to wonderful Wyoming!!
    Great to have another Vancouverite aboard

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Great deals on Other RC Model Vehicle Parts & Accessories. Expand your options of fun home activities with the largest online selection at eBay.com. Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        https://www.motionrc.com/collections...h-and-coatings
        Take your pick, as soon and Mark and Tom get it back in stock....
        Any idea when guys??

Dang Russ T, just had to say hi and welcome to Hobbysquawk!! Vancouver, I was born there and spent 58 years until moving to wonderful Wyoming!!
        Great to have another Vancouverite aboard

Grossman56
        Ya know mate, do you have any idea how hard it is for me to take you seriously with that Icon of yours, LOL. Gawd man.

Best Regards
        Woody

PS I'm laughing with ya mate, not at ya.

Comment

• I hear you Woody!!
          Lee Marvin as Kid Shileen, where??
          Wolf City, Wyoming!!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	thHD3VDG95.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	152731
          LOLLOLLOL
          Team Gross!

Comment

• I learned the red Avanti will be delivered with 9 blade fan and a 1900 kv motor (Looks like the A-10/Mirage power train is spread over other models). As far as I understand, the new 9 blade drive is lighter than the "old" 12 blade drive. How much does it influence CG? The battery already is located far in the rear of the battery tray. If the fan is lighter, the battery needs to be positioned even further in the rear.

Comment

• I am so in love with my new jet. Talk about fun. I was able to get two flights in before it got dark the other night. I am hoping to fly it again soon.

Comment

• Does anyone know what fan/motor setup is coming in the new red AvantiS? The info on the plane shows 2 different power systems 3530-1850kv with a 12 blade fan and 3530-1900kv with a 9 blade fan. Shows 12 blade fan twice and 9 blade once.

Comment

• I attended the Jet Power fair in Genderkingen, Germany, two weeks ago. Sebart showed some red Avantis with 9 blade fans. I assume that they had 1900kv motors which I couldn't verify yet. I also chatted with a guy from Motion RC Europe who was in contact with Freewing directly. He confirmed that at least the ones about to be delivered in Europe will come with 9 blades. I would assume that it will be the same in the US, as I don't expect Freewing to produce different versions.

There is one question remaining, will the yellow scheme Avanti updated as well, which is what I would expect.

Comment

• Woo Hoo!!! Just got my e-mail and text from Motion RC that my RED Avanti has shipped! I should be getting it on Monday (10/1/18), and can't wait to get it airborne. Thank you Motion RC Team!!!

Regards,
                    Jim

Comment

• Ditto ! Can't wait
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Less blades should be more efficient but sound less like a turbine. Has anyone had any more flap issues? I have not after receiving the redone hand soldered wing circuit boards. Is the wing moulds for the flaps the same or have they corrected that? Any chance there is a front strut support included? The new triple size control horns are holding well and have not pulled out like the older tiny ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post
                          Less blades should be more efficient but sound less like a turbine. Has anyone had any more flap issues? I have not after receiving the redone hand soldered wing circuit boards. Is the wing moulds for the flaps the same or have they corrected that? Any chance there is a front strut support included? The new triple size control horns are holding well and have not pulled out like the older tiny ones.
                          I'll most certainly give up a bit of performance, (Remember I said a bit) for a much better sound. It will probably have better performance, (Was anyone complaining about the performance of the old unit I wonder) fly better because it is slightly lighter, but how noticeable could it be? I would have opted to keep the sound, but that's just me.

Ya know I just checked my 75mm HSD Viper's blades. It's got 8. Now I'm not sure if you would consider this jets vertical to be infinite, but to be honest, I've never been able to keep it in sight long enough to see it run out of vertical. That's the honest truth. So this fewer blades thing might be an effort to better the vertical performance. Who knows. I would have liked more blades. Better sound. To me it not really a jet, unless it sounds like a jet.

Woody

Comment

• The dang thing is plenty fast for an old guy brain like mine!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Have I said how much I love my new Avanti-S. While I never considered getting a jet in the past I am extremely excited now. After flying my sport planes and my Spitfire I was given this jet. I have five flights on the plane and it is so much fun. I was at an electric event on Saturday. There were three of us flying around in formation. We will have to get a few more flights of practice in and make a video. The bonus is two more Avanti's are on order by other club members. This plane takes off and lands so nice on the grass too.

Thank you once more Freewing and Motion R/C. Now just get me a biplane and I will be totally happy LOL

Jeff

Comment

• Instead of going through 2300+ posts, is there a "go to" post where all the secrets of the plane are posted? Mine will be here tomorrow and I'd like to fly it this weekend at our jet fly in. I've built and flown the F-4 so I'm assuming it'll be similar?

Comment

• Build Done. Surprised how small some of the screws were for the surfaces. Just gotta program the radio and get her set up for the maiden.

Comment

• Strange looking Avanti S. :Confused:

Comment

• new red listed with digital metal gear servos, anyone remember what the original came with ?
                                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• My year old Avanti has digital metal servos

Comment

• TKS, I'd like going to select 11ms response with my tx but digital servos are a requirement, I have yet to move this plane to my IX12 but getting close. Love this plane.:):):)
                                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                          X