X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by southernmd_man View Post
    Just got back from the field, and almost lost the plane. Got it down roughly, but in one piece. Anywho, the ailerons function, but are pretty much stuck in a right turn. Checked all the connections, and they're fine. Sounds like I might need a new distribution board. Another thoughts?
    What happens if you bypass the distribution board and plug the aileron servos directly into the receiver?

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

What happens if you bypass the distribution board and plug the aileron servos directly into the receiver?
      Unfortunately the the ailerons are ribbon cabled with the rest of the wing set, so no go with a direct feed.

Comment

• Actually that is not true. You just take the ribbon cables out and run some extensions for the aileron, flap, and retracts (jst for the retracts) for both sides. I did this because I'm converting my Avanti to turbine and I'm adding some additional parts and it makes it easier. I use the distribution board for lights only.

Comment

• Ive been eyeing these babys for a bit now, for an all purpose edf (grass and what not), researching mods that need to be done and all that. They look like they fly so well.

Comment

• Comment

• Refurbishing the Avanti.
              Now still to do, the cockpit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC34BCCF-BFDF-4D26-986C-FAA19FB5B892.jpeg
Views:	735
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	338421Click image for larger version

Name:	1ED49416-9876-4ADA-9181-EDA9292FBA93.jpeg
Views:	727
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	338422

Comment

• really nice camo scheme, arabs Mb339 are similar?

here is mine (still stock paint) from today

Comment

• dr.Tom , Very Nice, an Avanti with Turbine Power!!!! Looks like you could get off on a 4X8 piece of plywood!
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• thanks, I really do enjoy it more than bigger turbine composite MB339

wind was so strong no one else showed up,

but now I know that pilot ejection system works like it should.

pilot was rescued and he was ok,

Comment

• Printed some tanks. Haven’t tried it yet.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hi folks - I am setting up my Avanti for its maiden soon. I have installed the Spektrum AR630 receiver in the plane. I normally do not use SAFE, but just as an emergency I would like to set it up in this receiver using the forward programming in my NX8. Can someone share the gyro settings that would work well with the Avanti with the AS630? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Not sure it's "Apples to Apples", but I'm using the following gains (rate only) on my Avanti with the older AR636. I do know the newer AR637T is slightly more sensitive on gains than the older AR636 but it seems to be around 5% or more sensitive, and possibly the AR630 is similar to the 637T. For what it's worth, I use 40/45/50 rate gains with flaps up, 70/75/80 on take-off flaps and 80/85/90 on landing flaps. Using my flap switch as the FM switch for gains.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                            Not sure it's "Apples to Apples", but I'm using the following gains (rate only) on my Avanti with the older AR636. I do know the newer AR637T is slightly more sensitive on gains than the older AR636 but it seems to be around 5% or more sensitive, and possibly the AR630 is similar to the 637T. For what it's worth, I use 40/45/50 rate gains with flaps up, 70/75/80 on take-off flaps and 80/85/90 on landing flaps. Using my flap switch as the FM switch for gains.
                            The AR630 and the AR637T use the exact same algorithm for AS3X and SAFE so the gains would be the same.

According to the folks at HH, there is no simple conversion from AR636 gains to AR630/631/637T/8360T

Comment

• Originally posted by NICK1979 View Post
                              Hi folks - I am setting up my Avanti for its maiden soon. I have installed the Spektrum AR630 receiver in the plane. I normally do not use SAFE, but just as an emergency I would like to set it up in this receiver using the forward programming in my NX8. Can someone share the gyro settings that would work well with the Avanti with the AS630? Thanks in advance.
                              I'd suggest using the default gains and making them adjustable, with the gain adjust on the knob or LTRIM. Then if you get oscillation at high speed you can dial the gain back. Once you have it trimmed out and not oscillating at speed you can "capture" the gains and make them fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

The AR630 and the AR637T use the exact same algorithm for AS3X and SAFE so the gains would be the same.

According to the folks at HH, there is no simple conversion from AR636 gains to AR630/631/637T/8360T
                                I've heard the exact same from posts from Spektrum engineers as well. The new line receivers all use the same algorithm which is different from the older 636 series and they say that you should not copy settings from the older ones to the new ones. With that being said, I'm finding that with the 637T in 5 planes including two F-18's and the A-10 (and the 10 channel in the Mig and 8 channel in the SU-30), I'm still using flaps up and flaps down gains similar to what I stated above with no oscillations, but I can always turn them down in flight with the knob on the TX. May want to start around 40/50/55 and start at about 70% and turn them up in flight to see how it reacts. Can't remember what the default gains are anyway.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

I've heard the exact same from posts from Spektrum engineers as well. The new line receivers all use the same algorithm which is different from the older 636 series and they say that you should not copy settings from the older ones to the new ones. With that being said, I'm finding that with the 637T in 5 planes including two F-18's and the A-10 (and the 10 channel in the Mig and 8 channel in the SU-30), I'm still using flaps up and flaps down gains similar to what I stated above with no oscillations, but I can always turn them down in flight with the knob on the TX. May want to start around 40/50/55 and start at about 70% and turn them up in flight to see how it reacts. Can't remember what the default gains are anyway.
                                  Default gains are 40, 50, 60 with sensitivity 1X. These seem a good starting point for all but the fastest models. Only gain I've ever had to turn down was roll, except on a Me163 which developed some nasty yaw oscillations at high speed.

Comment

• Tried the new tanks today. I didnt see any difference with them on. This jet flies just as good.
                                    the printed mounts are holding up.
                                    paul
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice flight, she definitely is a sweet flying machine. Noticed he used the SMC 5000's. I actually use the even larger SMC 6200 for even more "funtime flyin". It handles the extra weight with absolutely no ill effects.
                                      Very cool! He tends to use a variety of sizes, including the size you mentioned, and he loves them all with this jet :D

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X