Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been flying the Avante S for about two years now. One of the best airplanes I’ve ever flown thank you motion RC for providing this airplane here is a video of what I’ve been doing with it. https://youtu.be/Oa025UCsf9U

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi41000 View Post
      I have been flying the Avante S for about two years now. One of the best airplanes I’ve ever flown thank you motion RC for providing this airplane here is a video of what I’ve been doing with it. https://youtu.be/Oa025UCsf9U
      Cool Video "Over the River and Through the Woods". Did you land at Grandma's House?
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Her driveway was too short I had to land somewhere else. Kiwi4

Comment

Her driveway was too short I had to land somewhere else. Kiwi4
          Probably for the best as I've heard that "Grandma" may have been replaced by a politician with a long tail and sharp teeth!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Probably for the best as I've heard that "Grandma" may have been replaced by a politician with a long tail and sharp teeth!
            Don't underestimate Grandmas.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Don't underestimate Grandmas.

https://youtu.be/9_OIs49m56E
              They Got my Vote! We need a lot more of them.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hello everyone
                Had anyone had luck removing a flap servo without wrecking the surrounding foam. Or any tips? One of my flap servos center point is noticeably different from the other, I’d like to keep using the board rather than plus in one separate servo on the Rx, so I’v currently put a mix in. But I’d like to get it out and re centre the horn.
                Last edited by Tomling31; Nov 9, 2021, 01:12 PM. Reason: Wrong place for first post.

Comment

• I normally leave the servo in and push a thin Phillips screwdriver through the foam to undo the servo screw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomling31 View Post
                    Hello everyone
                    Had anyone had luck removing a flap servo without wrecking the surrounding foam. Or any tips? One of my flap servos center point is noticeably different from the other, I’d like to keep using the board rather than plus in one separate servo on the Rx, so I’v currently put a mix in. But I’d like to get it out and re centre the horn.
                    Are you 1/2 a cog or a full cog out. If its 1/2 a cog it wont help to take it out and re centre it as you will be 1/2 a cog out the other way . You could use a very sharp new hobby knife blade and cut a v into the foam so that you can get to the screw that holds the servo horn in place, remove and re-fix the horn, then glue back the foam V you cut out. If the mix works I don`t see the point of re centering as long as the flaps drop equal amounts on both half and full. But I suppose if it bugs you then by all means go ahead!!! I have removed a servo before now by sliding a hobby knife down the sides of the servo to ensure the sides and lugs are free before attempting to pull the servo out using pliers to grip the servo horn and teasing it free, just dont cut the servo wires with the knife . if they did not use much fixing glue you might be lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      I normally leave the servo in and push a thin Phillips screwdriver through the foam to undo the servo screw.
                      If all I need to do is move the arm on the splines, I do what Evan said.

If I really need to remove a servo because it has failed, I run a hobby knife around the edges (avoiding the leads) and I hook a paint can opener under the body of the servo and pull it out. The adhesive is kind of gummy and will give fairly easily.

Comment

• I would of thought it’s 2 or three cogs out. Factory worker must of been tired that day. We all make mistake. That’s the issue mate one flap is a few MM lower than the other, with an aileron mix it’s not shocking but it’s not right. Thank for the pointers I will have a look at points mentioned. Good idea about the screwdriver. Another advantage of foam I suppose 😂 Many thanks.

Comment

• I have recently ordered a Avanti, I would like to paint the canopy blue like the one in the product photos. What colour of blue is it? And can I paint the tinted canopy without much difference in the shade of the blue or should I get the clear canopy and paint that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan99 View Post
                            I have recently ordered a Avanti, I would like to paint the canopy blue like the one in the product photos. What colour of blue is it? And can I paint the tinted canopy without much difference in the shade of the blue or should I get the clear canopy and paint that?
                            I doubt you will match the shade of blue perfectly because it depends on the thickness of paint and number of layers you use. Whatever shade you go with start with the clear canopy, if you try to do a transparent blue over a transparent bronze/brown it just wont work. Have you painted a canopy before?, if not then forgive me for stating the obvious but paint from the inside and go with light multiple coats so that you can stop when you are happy

Comment

• I have never painted a canopy before but I have heard from a few people that are into cars paint their car bodyshells that way, any good way of testing the shade of the blue or how many coats before I actually paint the canopy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomling31 View Post
                                Hello everyone
                                You don’t necessarily have to remove the servo you can cut a deep V that allows you to have access to the screw and then you glue the triangle back in I’ve had to do that on my Avanti

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan99 View Post
                                  I have never painted a canopy before but I have heard from a few people that are into cars paint their car bodyshells that way, any good way of testing the shade of the blue or how many coats before I actually paint the canopy?
                                  Use a clear plastic pop bottle for testing but drink the pop first

Comment

You don’t necessarily have to remove the servo you can cut a deep V that allows you to have access to the screw and then you glue the triangle back in I’ve had to do that on my Avanti

thanks mate I’v done it and glued it back in nicely, you’d almost never know. 👍👍

Comment

• Flying over the river. https://youtu.be/Oa025UCsf9U

Comment

• This is our latest episode on the Model AV8R channel!

In Model AV8R Episode 9, we feature the Freewing Avanti S High Performance 80mm EDF. In our review, we discuss the build, our setup, show you a tight space p...
                                        Big time propeller head
                                        Love flying scale and 3D
                                        Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

I have been flying the Avante S for about two years now. One of the best airplanes I’ve ever flown thank you motion RC for providing this airplane here is a video of what I’ve been doing with it. https://youtu.be/Oa025UCsf9U
                                          Love the throttle gauge we see how did I you do it? My Avanti needs one. Also how is it so clear shooting through the canopy?
                                          thanks Doug

Comment

Working...
                                          X