Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys where can I buy the 3D printed brace for the front landing gear. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Av8er278 View Post
      Hey guys where can I buy the 3D printed brace for the front landing gear. Thanks.
      Wildvortex on RCGroups makes them.

Comment

• Great thanks

Comment

• Here's a vid of a very fast Freewing Avanti S, it has a very powerful Wemotec 80mm 8S unit installed.

Enjoy the vid, it was shot during a very friendly & relaxed EDF meeting in Belgium just 2 weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• New to the Avanti club, just got mine yesterday - test flew it on the original owner's transmitter, and it flys awesome. Super excited to get back in the air with it.

Comment

• I have the FMS 70mm Avanti and love it. Thinking of getting the 80mm ARF+. I have the 12 blade EDF and Avian 100 amp ESC out of a friends wrecked Eflite F-16. The motor is 3280-2100Kv. Would this be a good match for the Avanti? Or just go with the PNP?

Comment

• The PnP is a much better value than the kit+. Even if you have the gear from the F-16, and it will work well in the Avanti, I would still buy the PnP.

Comment

• 25 mph winds and rain so finally got around to a few upgrades on the Avanti S after some 150 flights (wow, am I lazy). Installed the 3D printed nose brace and what a difference. That's sure going to take the excitement out of taxiing and take-off! Also installed one of kallend 3D tail cones. He's designed 13 of them, all great, so just had to throw a dart and pick one. Thanks for your designs!!!! Was going to get fancy with painting it heat affected or with some charred exhaust but reverted back to being lazy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210827_211124.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	323438Click image for larger version

Name:	20210828_152820.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	323439

WHAT The HELL?? A Sport Jet with an Afterburner, you must be out of your Mind! Guess that gives you an insight into my mind, or what's left of it. Had an AB in the Avanti from day one, in fact I have an AB in all my EDF's, including my Stinger 90, except for my A-10, and my wife had to chain me to the outhouse to keep me from putting AB's in that one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210828_164154.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	323440

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                    25 mph winds and rain so finally got around to a few upgrades on the Avanti S after some 150 flights (wow, am I lazy). Installed the 3D printed nose brace and what a difference. That's sure going to take the excitement out of taxiing and take-off! Also installed one of kallend 3D tail cones. He's designed 13 of them, all great, so just had to throw a dart and pick one. Thanks for your designs!!!! Was going to get fancy with painting it heat affected or with some charred exhaust but reverted back to being lazy.

WHAT The HELL?? A Sport Jet with an Afterburner, you must be out of your Mind! Guess that gives you an insight into my mind, or what's left of it. Had an AB in the Avanti from day one, in fact I have an AB in all my EDF's, including my Stinger 90, except for my A-10, and my wife had to chain me to the outhouse to keep me from putting AB's in that one!
                    Glad you like the nozzles.

I have AB in my Avanti too.

Comment

• Has anyone put the Avanti 12 blade from the yellow version on the inrunner red version?

Comment

• After WAAY too long in the workshop I finally finished my second green version. First was based on the yellow so it's green and gray. This was based on the red so it's Green and yellow. I'm so glad to finally have this off the bench and ready to maiden. I got burned out after the painting on this one and the project stalled. Now I can open my 84" bushmaster and get it ready to fly. (in the background).

Click image for larger version  Name:	240482260_864435444277079_4735184411212038666_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.2 KB ID:	323762

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Page View Post
                          After WAAY too long in the workshop I finally finished my second green version. First was based on the yellow so it's green and gray. This was based on the red so it's Green and yellow. I'm so glad to finally have this off the bench and ready to maiden. I got burned out after the painting on this one and the project stalled. Now I can open my 84" bushmaster and get it ready to fly. (in the background).

Click image for larger version Name:	240482260_864435444277079_4735184411212038666_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.2 KB ID:	323762
                          I really like the Green/Yellow Avanti, you did a superb job. Assume the underside is all green as well, it'll definitely show well in the air. That 84" Bushmaster looks inviting as well, Extreme Flight quality is IMO one of the best on the market. I have 5 of their aircraft and am surprised at how well they fly and are built, definitely the "gold standard" in balsa/carbon fiber & composites and UltraCoat! She's currently out of stock so you must have bought at the right time!
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Nice job looks great. What kind of paint did you use on it?

Comment

Has anyone put the Avanti 12 blade from the yellow version on the inrunner red version?
                              Do you mean the 12 blade out-runner into the Avanti with the 9 blade in-runner, if so I would think not as it would be a retrograde step?

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

Do you mean the 12 blade out-runner into the Avanti with the 9 blade in-runner, if so I would think not as it would be a retrograde step?
                                Yes your right I found out you have to exchange the whole fan unit not just the blade which was what I wanted to do. But you can put the inrunner motor in the 12 blade fan unit.

Comment

• Just got my Red ARF+. What’s the best way to fix the overlapping nose gear doors?

Comment

• I’m in the minority, on mine I pulled them off and took a heat gut and warped them slightly bowed out. Most glue a carbon rod along the lip.

Comment

Nice job looks great. What kind of paint did you use on it?
                                      I have a lung disease so I can't use paints with fumes. Soooo it lead me to find a company called liquitex -- a paint brand for artists -- they have Huge pallet of colors. Anyway -- I get their rattle cans from Amazon or https://www.dickblick.com/ I guess it goes without saying that Liquitex does not have fumes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Page View Post

I have a lung disease so I can't use paints with fumes. Soooo it lead me to find a company called liquitex -- a paint brand for artists -- they have Huge pallet of colors. Anyway -- I get their rattle cans from Amazon or https://www.dickblick.com/ I guess it goes without saying that Liquitex does not have fumes.
                                        Thanks for the info I’ll look into it.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X