Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we going to see an AVANTI S V2 next year in 2022??

Comment

• No...

Comment

• Late to the Avanti S party (having too much fun with other planes) I bought a stock red high performance version and added the nose gear 3D printed support.

I stripped off the decals, primed, rubbed down with wet and dry and sprayed with PlasticKote sprays and added the decals from the FW 90mm T-45. This has not added much weight, maybe a few oz, but I think it’s added a lot more appeal. Flys just as well.

Comment

• Looks good
          The Avanti is very similar in overall shape to the BAe Hawk so the T45 scheme suits it well.

Comment

• Originally posted by CitabriaDriver View Post
            Late to the Avanti S party (having too much fun with other planes) I bought a stock red high performance version and added the nose gear 3D printed support.

I stripped off the decals, primed, rubbed down with wet and dry and sprayed with PlasticKote sprays and added the decals from the FW 90mm T-45. This has not added much weight, maybe a few oz, but I think it’s added a lot more appeal. Flys just as well.
            Very nice look !

Comment

• Just bought the red Avanti. I’ll need to remove those wings on a regular basis in order to transport and store the aircraft.
              The white plastic connectors for the ailerons/flaps are a bit fiddly to remove on a regular basis and I’m worried they’ll get worn after a while.
              Are there any mods for these connectors?
              Cheers

Comment

• One thing that could stretch out the life span would be to remove one wing alternately if that allows you enough room. I have the same thing with my RV 8, it's a PITA but the price I pay to fly a great airplane.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• One wing off at a time, yes good idea

Comment

• Maiden flight today. Literally everything said about all the positives are so true.
                    Powerful, fast, flies well slow. Great grassops,
                    Just a dream to fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andre B View Post
                      Maiden flight today. Literally everything said about all the positives are so true.
                      Powerful, fast, flies well slow. Great grassops,
                      Just a dream to fly.
                      Welcome to the Avanti Lover's Club, it is indeed just a sweet EDF to fly. If you want, it can handle an even larger battery without loosing anything. I fly mine on grass as well with an SMC 6200 mah weighing in at 605 gr (positioned all the way aft) and get over 5 minutes of flight time. With this one, you just can't get enough air time!
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                        I fly mine on grass as well with an SMC 6200 mah weighing in at 605 gr:
                        Sorry, must have been hittin the bottle again The 6200 definitely does not weigh 605 gr but 814 gr. Is it New Years yet? Can't start too early the way this years gone. Definitely a year that will not have a lot of fond memories.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Anybody running 8s on the 1920kv 9 blade fan on the Avanti? Wanting some more speed on mine.

Comment

• Just about have my new Yellow Avanti finished and ready for maiden. Added the nose gear support, tail nozzle, and CF tubes to the nose gear doors for support. Will also add a dab of hot glue on the nose gear door spring to keep it in line. Balanced just a hair nose heavy at 115mm for a bit more stability on maiden but plan to adjust after I get comfortable with it. Will fly off both grass and paved runways at times. Battery is a RCBattery 6S 5000mAH 45C. Maiden will be at 3:00 minutes and I’ll check remaining battery and adjust from there, a practice that’s always worked well for me. Can’t wait for some decent weather to get this beautiful model in the air. I’ve read so many good reviews on it and hope it lives up to the hype!

Comment

• What a delight this model is to fly ! Was a bit daunted at first because I’ve only been flying RC for about 3 months so I installed a 637T gyro. Absolutely no need, so switched off all the safe modes and use AS3X only.
                              Does slow rolls really nicely and a dream to land on grass.

Comment

• it really performs great with hot centerburner :)

https://youtu.be/ij_Eq_ilbmA

Comment

• Very impressive

Comment

• This is Tim's Avanti Airshow on one of the few days over the past few months I was able to get out and hang out with my friends and fly RC. He tore up the sky and made me want my own Avanti after seeing him fly his!

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                                      This is Tim's Avanti Airshow on one of the few days over the past few months I was able to get out and hang out with my friends and fly RC. He tore up the sky and made me want my own Avanti after seeing him fly his!
                                      Nice flight, she definitely is a sweet flying machine. Noticed he used the SMC 5000's. I actually use the even larger SMC 6200 for even more "funtime flyin". It handles the extra weight with absolutely no ill effects.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• DIY fuel tank:
                                        video with Jet planehttps://youtu.be/mGzEi4Ou2ks Printed in PETG, its fuel resistant 4 walls, 50% infill epoxy to the hole you made with dremenl to get the CO2 can out. happy flying https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP5Ji3njwDfQaxcgR34awQw

Comment

• Just got back from the field, and almost lost the plane. Got it down roughly, but in one piece. Anywho, the ailerons function, but are pretty much stuck in a right turn. Checked all the connections, and they're fine. Sounds like I might need a new distribution board. Another thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                          X