Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I just became a member of the avanti owners club today. Picked it up cheap for 80 bucks.

Comment

• Damn! That's cheaper than a tank of gas!

Congratulations!

Comment

• Great buy. Is it complete? Looks great from here. Reason I ask is, I brought a good used one with a spektrum630 stabilizer receiver. The rest stock, I paid $250.00. You got one heck of a deal. Congrats.

Comment

• Yes, I had to use a different receiver and I'm going to print a nose strut brace for it, otherwise i could fly it today if I really wanted, but being on grass I don't want to fly without a strut brace

Comment

• I hear ya, I have just recently gotten into 3d printing. I've made black fences, awesome black Nozzle Uncategorized Groups from "Kallen" a stabilizer/receiver platform. Red version as well. Absolute blast to fly with CG at 115mm. I enjoy your comments on here and in many forums. Enjoy that Avanti.

Comment

• I did my maiden today, this thing is on rails and smooth.

Comment

• Sport jets aren't my favorite in terms of looks, but there sure is something to the efficient way that they part air.

Comment

• I just received my Avanti from Motion RC. No damage which is good but the decals were a real surprise. Half painted half decals. Many of the decals are already peeling back or are lifted. What is the best method to glue these back down before I take it out to the field?

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
                    I just received my Avanti from Motion RC. No damage which is good but the decals were a real surprise. Half painted half decals. Many of the decals are already peeling back or are lifted. What is the best method to glue these back down before I take it out to the field?
                    I use a small tube of FoamTac with the pointy nozzle on, cut with a small angled hole at the end. Lift up the offending decal and squeeze a tiny bit of FT under and then rub it around the peeled off area using an absorbant tissue (to catch the excess coming back out). FoamTac gets tacky within 30 seconds to a minute, so you may have to "massage" it again with the tissue until it holds its own. Warning - FT can smudge the area it squeezes out of. Have some alcohol on the ready to help clean up.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
                      I just received my Avanti from Motion RC. No damage which is good but the decals were a real surprise. Half painted half decals. Many of the decals are already peeling back or are lifted. What is the best method to glue these back down before I take it out to the field?
                      I used an iron at low heat ( test on spare foam as too hot expands the beads) Otherwise a bit of foam glue applied with a knife blade as direct from tube puts too much on in the wrong place.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. Also, there is a small piece of plywood included in the small parts bag but there is no mention of it in the instructions. You can see in the attached photo that it is listed on the small parts bag label so it was meant to be there. What is this piece of plywood for?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• That piece glues in the open slot at the rear of the battery tray. Provides rear support to push battery all the way to the rear.

Comment

• I painted my new Avanti in a custom scheme and set her up for 125mm CG using my 6300 and 5300 HV packs. She flies even better than my first Avanti because she is red ;) And also because I sealed the flight control bevels and cleaned her up with little mods here and there and she has the newer stock power setup. Love, love, love these Avantis! Even on stock inrunner power. I have a JF80 ready to install if I feel the need later but so far I do not. My blog page on the RCG site has all the ways I set up the paint scheme and mods, documented.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks badass, great job my friend. I'm gonna check out your mods

Comment

• Avanti V2 when?

Comment

• What would need to be changed? They updated the power system, now include the quick connections for the wings. I'm just wondering what are you looking for?

Comment

• The only thing I can think that would make any difference would be to clean up the control hinging interface, add a tailcone, reduce the thick trailing edges by half, perhaps refine the ducting just a little at the merge of the left and right inlets, and a cleaner paint scheme.

None of these are game changers. It’s not like a FMS bird that comes out half baked and needs 8 versions to not drive an accomplished modeler bat-pooh crazy with annoyance.

Most PNP hobby guys would notice the paint most and that would require no outlay really. The tailcone is a nice upgrade but the custom ones are already super high quality with more options than what they would supply. For me the most meaningful would be to clean up the flight control hinges to the pocket / glove type the newest models have, and also reduce the trailing edge thickness by half of what they are at now (too thick and giving away too much speed for the sake of more precision the Avanti already has in spades). A super minor but meaningful duct cleanup would also be nice.

Some say the gear struts and retracts are a tad older in design. I’ve never had an issue but I fly off pavement.

The flight controls are easily cleaned up with gap tape as I did in my latest Avanti. The ducts can be agonized over for little outlay in weight and cost, just a bit of time. The only thing that is not easily possible for a V1 buyer to have is the cleaned up and thinned trailing edges.

The Avanti at V1 is darn hard to beat. I’m sure V2 will
                                    have some cool upgrades but I bet most will “mostly” just notice paint.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Sorry duplicate post. The reload takes so long I hit the button again thinking it didn't take the first time.

Comment

• How well does this fly off of grass fields. Im looking for a edf jet but our runway is grass and a bit bumpy.

Comment

Working...
                                          X