X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Superglide09 View Post
    How do I get the motor cover off the fuselage on my Avanti. Very tight fit any suggestions
    ya, i had the same problem, in the end i used two screwdrivers which i put into the plastic holes of the cover, and carefully pushed them slightly outwards to get a grip on it, then slowly moved the cover out of the fuse...a bit difficult but i did it without any damage...and because i did a rework on mine i put some fake flare dispenser on the cover which double as hand grips, so its super easy to remove the cover now

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221110_193003_k300.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	379846

Comment

• and here also the AVANTI-M build video...if you enjoy that kind of thing....

this is a smal video / slideshow about how i changed the Freewing Avanti-S into the -M version...

Comment

• anyone tryed the new 2150kv fan from the new f9f yet in the avanti?

Comment

• I'm sure people will, they just got in stock on Motion Friday. Mine hasn't even shipped yet. At least I got a couple of the reversing ESCs before they sold out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            I'm sure people will, they just got in stock on Motion Friday. Mine hasn't even shipped yet. At least I got a couple of the reversing ESCs before they sold out.
            They're in stock at RC-Castle. I have two on the way.

Comment

• Mine shipped and much cheaper getting it from Motion.

Comment

Mine shipped and much cheaper getting it from Motion.
                Sorry, I was referring to the 100A reversing ESC. Same price at RC-C as at MRC ($59.99) and in-stock. I think shipping was $16.

Comment

• Shipping is free over $100 and I get it in 2-3 days. Ordered one EDF and two of the ESCs.

Comment

Shipping is free over $100 and I get it in 2-3 days. .
                    In Illinois I get it next day from MRC, when it's "in stock". Which it isn't right now.

Comment

• sorry.

Comment

• MRC should order a boatload of the esc's, I'd like a few.

Comment

• My reversing ESCs arrived from RC-Castle in Hong Kong. 6 days from placing order to my house in Chicago.

Comment

• I have one in my Avanti. Works well. Came with the leads exactly what was right for the Avanti. Not sure where the other I got will go but if in my F-86 the motor wires will need to be extended and if my Gripen the battery leads will need like 9 to 10 more inches.

Comment

• That's good to know, I have the new fan unit, and will get an esc, for the Gripen.

Comment

• So what are the must do mods? 1. The extra front wheel block. 2. Some hot glue for the wheel door spring ( why is that?

More must do mods?

Comment

• Originally posted by R.Marijnissen View Post
                                  So what are the must do mods? 1. The extra front wheel block. 2. Some hot glue for the wheel door spring ( why is that?

More must do mods?
                                  The spring can get out of position when the wheel is down, and then it jams when you try to retract the gear. I fixed mine with a piece of thread.

I put an Assan G61 steering gyro in mine, and an FMS fan.

Comment

• (5) 116 mph on gps noseless avanti s - YouTube
                                    put the 2150kv fan in my old Avanti S gps it at 116 slight dive sometime during the flight after slow pass the nose cone comes off so when i get the new one ill try again i think its capable of 140 or so out of a steep dive it has power to spare on the vertical

​​

Comment

• Seems we have a V2 Avanti:

I like the new nosegear doors (although mine never gave the problems that others experienced) and the upgraded power system.

Paint scheme - its beauty (or not) is in the eye of the beholder. It should be easy to see in the air. With luck this one won't peel off.

The "pilot" looks stupid**. It was better with the smoke canopy.

The rear end still looks unfinished.

** Why does FW/FL in general use such awful pilot figures?

Comment

• Always a good day to wake up to a new product announcement, moreso with the Avanti V2

Definitely happy they've put the new fan in. I presume it still has the bolted-on wings instead of the new pop-on/pop-off wing system the cougar has?
                                        My old V1 outrunner version and 'V1.5' with inrunner are still going strong, but it's nice to know that once those two finally fall victim to a too-low maneuver that an even better version will be out. Hopefully MRC will create a VT add-on for it, or come out with a sport jet (90mm 8S AreS to replace the Stinger 90?) with it pre-designed in. :)

Comment

• Nice, I ordered one, but there’s still “popcorn” in the cockpit . Some Fusion 360 work ahead here…

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2125.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	381567
                                          ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                          X