Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
    (1) Avanti s v2 maiden and second flight - YouTube

vid done on my iphone so missed alot of the 144mph on gps,,, pass..this was maiden and second flight .. also has anyone else notice that the canopy hold down pin isnt long enough to go into the canopy?
    The canopy pin on both v1 and v2 works well and protrudes well into the canopy.

144 mph is almost too high to be correct. What model GPS did you use? I had previously used two GPS units that were giving erroneous readings in the 140+ mph range when subject to high acceleration, one was an Frsky ADV ( total garbage) another is an old MTK chipset based bluetooth logger. These had spurious values indicating my (v1) Avanti was going 140 mph and I knew based on the power available that this was impossible. Finally I found a Ublox unit that was able to give accurate readings that are consistent with pitot and radar based measurements. With the UBlox, the Avanti V1 does 115 mph level and 120 mph on a dive just as advertised. My v2 was only doing 105 mph level flight.

Comment

• Dynamite gps. Remember it was full power stright down from approx 200 ft. If its off its ok it is still a fast plane

Comment

(1) Avanti s v2 maiden and second flight - YouTube

vid done on my iphone so missed alot of the 144mph on gps,,, pass..this was maiden and second flight .. also has anyone else notice that the canopy hold down pin isnt long enough to go into the canopy?
        Several people have reported the exact same thing on RCG, along with a simple fix.

Comment

• thanks Kallend ill look it up over at rcg.. i did do a very simple fix all ready on mine with a small peace of plywood glued to the original wood but lower.. now the pic holds the canopy from going up with out pulling the pin back

Comment

Dynamite gps. Remember it was full power stright down from approx 200 ft. If its off its ok it is still a fast plane
            Thanks. Good video btw. Yes, this is a fast plane allright. I'm curious now as to how much faster I can make the plane go by doing a steep dive. I've only attempted very shallow dives. I fly at a very small field so I can't really push it straight for any length of time - so that may also prevent me from getting its full potential. There are some YouTube videos of this bird with mods that are achieving speeds that are nothing short of incredible - especially when using premium power setups up to 10s.

Comment

• I just installed a Hobbywing reversing ESC in my V1 (has the FMS PRO edf unit). Landing roll is considerably shorter now. Installation was easy except I needed to shorten the wires to the motor.

Comment

• The maiden (V2) was done today and she flies as a rock, i can even fly more time than with my V1, marvelous ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post
                  The maiden (V2) was done today and she flies as a rock, i can even fly more time than with my V1, marvelous ...
                  What battery are you using?

Comment

• Originally posted by Danonino View Post

What battery are you using?
                    HRB-Battery Lipo 6S, 5000mAh, 50C

Comment

• Impressed with the fit and finish of the V2. Ready for the maiden this
                      week. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4804.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	382345Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4802.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	382346Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4803.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	382347

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post
                        HRB-Battery Lipo 6S, 5000mAh, 50C

Perfect. Same here (Admiral). Building the V2 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danonino View Post

Perfect. Same here (Admiral). Building the V2 now.
                          If you're wondering which battery to buy, do checkout the Battery Load Test Comparisons thread on RCGroups - it is a real eye opener on why one should avoid brands on Amazon.
                          The Avanti EDF jets really pushes your batteries hard - up to 3000W or 130A in the V2, and you can see from the test charts how much difference exists in the various brands at such high power levels.

Comment

• This was a fun flight. Jet is really handling well.

Comment

• Originally posted by tipstall View Post

If you're wondering which battery to buy, do checkout the Battery Load Test Comparisons thread on RCGroups - it is a real eye opener on why one should avoid brands on Amazon.
                              The Avanti EDF jets really pushes your batteries hard - up to 3000W or 130A in the V2, and you can see from the test charts how much difference exists in the various brands at such high power levels.
                              I installed the new 2150Kv 12 blade in my older red Avanti S (which originally had the 9 blade 1857Kv inrunner) and installed an SMC HiV 5900 (weight 740 g) which I used to fly with the SMC 6200 (weight 814 g) and WOW, what bullet! Ended up with the same flight time of 4:30 and with the 25% more power and less weight, it can do some crazy stuff. Love my "new" Avanti S V1.9 MRC can't seem to keep that fan in stock and was lucky to get in on the last round.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I installed the new 2150Kv 12 blade in my older red Avanti S (which originally had the 9 blade 1857Kv inrunner) and installed an SMC HiV 5900 (weight 740 g) which I used to fly with the SMC 6200 (weight 814 g) and WOW, what bullet! Ended up with the same flight time of 4:30 and with the 25% more power and less weight, it can do some crazy stuff. Love my "new" Avanti S V1.9 MRC can't seem to keep that fan in stock and was lucky to get in on the last round.
                                RC Castle has them in stock for the same price (delivery is a bit more and it'll take longer to get to USA, around 10 days typically).

Comment

• Has anyone tried the new shorter nose strut/gear on a V1? I contacted MRC but was told it's so new, they don't know yet if it fits the V1.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigNug View Post
                                    Has anyone tried the new shorter nose strut/gear on a V1? I contacted MRC but was told it's so new, they don't know yet.
                                    I have both V1 and V2. I have not tried swapping them. I landed my V1 pretty, smooth. The V2 seems like Velcro when it touches down. I almost think the spring is softer too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigNug View Post
                                      Has anyone tried the new shorter nose strut/gear on a V1? I contacted MRC but was told it's so new, they don't know yet if it fits the V1.
                                      Well, it fits on mine ok

Comment

• I checked out the spare parts for both V1 and V2. Looks like it's the same retract with a 5.1mm diameter shaft, so it must fit. I'm going to order one and will report back.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

Well, it fits on mine ok
                                          Awesome - thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X