X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matthewjmorrissey3@gmail.com View Post
    Dude who cares? Oh P40 was a random plane I found at the club I fly at. The avanti is because I fly at a grassy field. If you can’t help me please keep your comments to yourself. Thanks
    I haven't had issues yet but the gear doors on mine are bowed and are kind of catchy, so I am considering removing them or fixing them somehow. It does look cleaner and probably is aerodynamically cleaner with the doors but I'm not too worried if I have to just remove them.

Also, wildvortex, search the member name, sells gear braces for different Freewing planes, including the Avanti. I have one and it is definitely worth the money and time to install one. Cheers!

Comment

• how much did you pay for 1 avanti brace without shipping cost?

Comment

• He quotes $11.50 including shipping. I'll double check....

Comment

• Ok, just asking because we are talking about little piece of plastic worth less than 10 cents (0.08$)
          and I give it out regulary to anyone who needs it in my club,

if you find someone nearby with 3D printer, he will give it to you too I'm sure.
          peace
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by dr.Tom View Post
            Ok, just asking because we are talking about little piece of plastic worth less than 10 cents (0.08$)

if you find someone nearby with 3D printer, he will give it to you too I'm sure.
            peace
            Yes, I know what you're saying true! And I know I really need to get a 3D printer. I have a long list of items I'd love to print. It's in my future!

Comment

My geardoor broke. Should I get a new one or leave it off? Thanks
              Mathew, I would leave them both off for about 20 flights after which you will have the landings nailed then fix new ones but epoxy some 2mm rods along the outside to stiffen them up. Not the inside as the nosewheel may catch as they open. . Once stiffened up the doors will align and close better. Also check how the the door springs work. if you can get the springs on opposite sides to have equal tension you have more chance of the doors meeting in the middle. Also check how the nose leg hits the the main U spring. Too strong or too weak affects how the doors close and if they close fully or too tightly. It is a bit of a pain to get right. You could also ensure that the doors fully seat at front and back by adjusting the foam as this again affects how the doors meet in the middle.

Comment

Dude who cares? Oh P40 was a random plane I found at the club I fly at. The avanti is because I fly at a grassy field. If you can’t help me please keep your comments to yourself. Thanks
                If you don't want people to comment on your propensity for breaking things, don't post on an open forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by dr.Tom View Post
                  Ok, just asking because we are talking about little piece of plastic worth less than 10 cents (0.08$)

peace
                  STL files for braces for several models, including the Avanti, are posted on Thingiverse. I too make them for people in my club for free. However, if I were to do it commercially (which I have no intention of doing) I too would need to charge a price that accounts for time, equipment amortization, etc.. It's not just the cost of the plastic. I don't think wildvortex is getting rich making them.

Comment

• Added air scoops for extra cooling of the thrust pipe.
                    printed for 0.04 $ (4 cents) ;)
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Love this jet! ALMOST didnt get off this runway though! Cant wait to log some more flights!

Comment

• Any recent med anything to keep servo linkages from falling right out of the servo arm? They don’t come with any to secure them

Comment

• They should.

Comment

Any recent med anything to keep servo linkages from falling right out of the servo arm? They don’t come with any to secure them
                            I like to use different size fuel lines to secure the arm to the servo. Hasn't failed me yet. Is this the area that you are concerned about?

Not great pictures, but all I have at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210826_110503.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	343830Click image for larger version

Name:	20220420_164417.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	343831Click image for larger version

Name:	20220420_164456.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	343832
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Any recent med anything to keep servo linkages from falling right out of the servo arm? They don’t come with any to secure them
                              If you do not have fuel tube use pvc insulation tape, cut a strip 6 to 8mm wide 40mm long and wrap it round. You need small fingers, Choose your colour to suit. once these fittings snap onto the rod it is rare for them to come loose so check that they have "snapped" on in the first place, if not you are better off using another one.

Comment

• turbo lag test (6 sec to MAX, 20 sec to IDLE)
                                if someone wants to test on EDF how it would feel, plus IDLE is around 1/4 EDF thrust at least, no shutting down EDF to 0 :)

to slow it down. CG is so far back that Avanti can stand on mains only
                                Attached Files

Comment

• OK...
                                  So after reading 167 pages, I'm whooped!
                                  I have my "red" on order, should have it in the next couple of days..
                                  I didn't read about a single person pulling their fan and balancing, guessing its not needed..?
                                  I have already printed the gear brace, and the fences are on the printer as I am typing, but will prolly CNC some Carbon Fiber for a better look!
                                  Thank you all for all the insight, I am super excited to add this to my "daily Flyer" list!
                                  Thx, Chris ><>

Comment

• I didnt balance my fan too, was lazy and just wanted to fly it sooner :)

After 55-56 flights and around 370minutes in air, one flap died but will be replaced and fly some more until i convert FW Mig21nto turbine...

Flap:

Comment

• 62 flights, 40 liters of kero burned(I buy it in 20L tanks so keeping track is easy)

Slows down nice on 60m bitumen strip

Attached Files

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Not a pleasant view having a Mig21 in your rearview camera :)
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X