Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a mishap with my front gear doors. Damaged one. Can I fly the plane without them until the replacements come in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lextek View Post
      I had a mishap with my front gear doors. Damaged one. Can I fly the plane without them until the replacements come in?
      I have. Same situation as you. I couldn't tell the difference when flying.
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lextek View Post
        I had a mishap with my front gear doors. Damaged one. Can I fly the plane without them until the replacements come in?
        Kinda like an A-10, it will fly with all kinds of damage and missing parts. Flies fine without the nose, too. I imagine would not "need" the canopy. For me, flies better without the fences (turns better), but can help for belly landings. Be sure to tape the hinge lines, they eventually tear. Check all the glue and screws so it doesn't fall apart in the air! Tug on all of the parts. They had some batches with a white glue that would barely stick and the aileron servos are glued to the paint! Watch the servo horn screws, they can unscrew. They are metal to metal with no thread lock. Do NOT set the flaps to full mechanical throw, the servos can stall.

Comment

• I Really don't know where else to post this but this seems like the right thread.
          It started as an idea which led to a dare and then it was said it couldn't be done.
          Well guess what!!!!
          My idea and Avantis 1 Of which was salvaged from the trash and a flying buddy that accepted the challenge.

6 Gear 2 nose and 4 mains
          4 flaps
          2 80mm EDF's
          49" long
          74" span

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooBlade View Post
            I Really don't know where else to post this but this seems like the right thread.
            It started as an idea which led to a dare and then it was said it couldn't be done.
            Well guess what!!!!
            My idea and Avantis 1 Of which was salvaged from the trash and a flying buddy that accepted the challenge.

4 flaps
            2 80mm EDF's
            49" long
            74" span

https://youtu.be/PX5979TbP1Q
            Now that's what I call a TIGHT flying formation! 1 RX? I see you have it tied together at the tail at the 2 inside horizontal stabilizers. What about in the center under the wing to each fuselage, or is it just joined via the inside wings tips? Seems to fly very stable. How does in roll?
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Now that's what I call a TIGHT flying formation! 1 RX? I see you have it tied together at the tail at the 2 inside horizontal stabilizers. What about in the center under the wing to each fuselage, or is it just joined via the inside wings tips? Seems to fly very stable. How does in roll?
              2 Receivers. Center section is carbon fiber reinforced. I can unbolt the tail connector (plexiglass) so invisible in the air, take out center section put the separate wings on and have 2 flying Avanti's. but that's no fun :)

That was maiden flight. Might try a roll tomorrow.

Comment

• Cool! Amazing how well it'll turn on the ground too. Like a race car.

Comment

I Really don't know where else to post this but this seems like the right thread.
                  Well guess what!!!!

4 flaps
                  2 80mm EDF's
                  49" long
                  74" span

https://youtu.be/PX5979TbP1Q
                  Voodoo blade post it on the live show here https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...ive-show/page2

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

Voodoo blade post it on the live show here https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...ive-show/page2
                    Thanks I did !!!!

Comment

2 Receivers. Center section is carbon fiber reinforced. I can unbolt the tail connector (plexiglass) so invisible in the air, take out center section put the separate wings on and have 2 flying Avanti's. but that's no fun :)

That was maiden flight. Might try a roll tomorrow.
                      When I asked if there was 1 RX, my first thought was "Now that's a Stupid Question", how can there be 2 RX's? Now that you say you are using 2 RX's, time for a real stupid question. How did you bind 2 separate RX's to one transmitter? Didn't know that was even possible as every time I bind a Spektrum RX to my Spektrum TX, it "eliminates" any other RX that was bound to it before. I'm not the "sharpest tack" in the bunch, especially when it comes to TX/RX and other electronics but always willing to learn a new trick. Thanks.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

When I asked if there was 1 RX, my first thought was "Now that's a Stupid Question", how can there be 2 RX's? Now that you say you are using 2 RX's, time for a real stupid question. How did you bind 2 separate RX's to one transmitter? Didn't know that was even possible as every time I bind a Spektrum RX to my Spektrum TX, it "eliminates" any other RX that was bound to it before. I'm not the "sharpest tack" in the bunch, especially when it comes to TX/RX and other electronics but always willing to learn a new trick. Thanks.
                        Until yesterday I didn't know it was possible either LOL I put both in bind mode and and hit the bind button on transmitter and they did!!!
                        I can take the center section out plug the wings into each separate fuselage and can fly either one as a single Avanti.

So basically each receiver is doing the exact same thing but its like the inboard aileron servos are not plugged in. absolutely no wires cross between the 2 planes and no y connectors tying in servos from one side to the other.

Ohhh also It does a good loop but I will not be doing anymore rolls LOL it didn't like it at all

Comment

• Disable the inner ailerons. Don't just unplug them as the air can push them and that's bad. Best to plug them into a separate channel on the receiver and don't program in any throw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            Disable the inner ailerons. Don't just unplug them as the air can push them and that's bad. Best to plug them into a separate channel on the receiver and don't program in any throw.
                            That makes perfect sense -- however you are loosing considerable authority. Hmmmm.....
                            Since the real aerodynamic center of the aircraft is between the two fuse -- what about having both ailerons on the right half move in tandem and both on the left move in tandem??

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Page View Post

That makes perfect sense -- however you are loosing considerable authority. Hmmmm.....
                              Since the real aerodynamic center of the aircraft is between the two fuse -- what about having both ailerons on the right half move in tandem and both on the left move in tandem??
                              It would be a lot simpler to just move the control rod/horn hole positions to increase the aileron throws to give more authority if that is what is required. or just dont roll it, after all its just for fun !
                              Otherwise presumably you will have to put ailerons on separate channels and then reverse one of them in each plane. and if you have a 6ch rx that aint going to happen!!!. If you do have 6 channel rx then taking Evan`s point a couple of pins in the inner ailerons wont go amiss as long as you remember to take em out after separating the 2 planes !!!

Comment

• That would work but as the two inner ailerons are so close to the center of roll they act as air brakes as much as ailerons.

Originally posted by Scott Page View Post

Comment

I'm not aware of any problem binding two receivers to the same transmitter model. Binding two transmitter models to the same receiver is not possible unless you do a "model match overrride", for obvious safety reasons.

Comment

• I’m thinking of getting the Avanti S to progress from my Eflite Habu. I’m very low houred on RC flying and my Habu has all the SAFE features which has allowed me to progress onto EDF jets quickly. Do you think the Avanti will be a step too far at the moment?

Comment

• The Avanti is easier to fly in general. Put a safe receiver in it…

Comment

• Ok thanks, can you give me a link for a suitable Safe receiver ?
                                        cheers
                                        PS, the place I fly is grass only. Is it OK on grass ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
                                          I’m thinking of getting the Avanti S to progress from my Eflite Habu. I’m very low houred on RC flying and my Habu has all the SAFE features which has allowed me to progress onto EDF jets quickly. Do you think the Avanti will be a step too far at the moment?

What exactly do you mean by "all the SAFE features"? If you have SAFE enabled 100% of the time you will not be flying the Avanti (or your Habu) to anything like its full potential.

Comment

Working...
                                          X