• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Absolutely.
    Thanks !!

Comment

• I'm sure it has been covered somewhere in this thread ... but I can't find the info. Just checking to see if the CG in the manual (105-110 mm) is preferred .... or you have all figured out a better location ?

Thanks. Bob

Comment

• From all the videos I’ve watched on the Avanti, they say this is correct. Just got mine in today and set up to fly on 6000 mah 6S. Set it up to balance 4 1/4”. which is in this range.

Comment

• Balance at 4 1/4””

Comment

Crossfire and DSMX are not compatible...

A basic 6ch works though some like 7 to separate the steering.
            Wrong again , they are compantible

Comment

• Wrong

Comment

Wrong
                Troll!!!

Comment

• my Avanti-S just finished her maiden and the first few test flights a few days ago...and she does fly great but to be honest i was a bit surprised that the aileron numbers from the manual were way to high in my opinion...and i mean way to high...and i went even lower that the low from the manual as my high, and she still felt a litke a drill to me....so lucky that this thing can fly as slow as a falling leaf...so no harm in the end. A few test flights later and she is dialed in now...at least good enough to start with the rework into the M-Version...added an engine and landing lights so far, while my 3d-printer is doing his thing....this gives me some more time to finish the cockpit and the decals...

Attached Files

Comment

• Set mine at 80% rates and 15% expo. Flys good on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by carypond View Post
                      Set mine at 80% rates and 15% expo. Flys good on this.
                      really , odd - from my point of view at least, because i started with like 60% and 30% expo, and now im at like 32% and 25% expo, which feels good on the stick..

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post

really , odd - from my point of view at least, because i started with like 60% and 30% expo, and now im at like 32% and 25% expo, which feels good on the stick..
                        You should not be surprised or shocked that your rates and expo are different than anyone else's. Rates/expo is different for everyone based on their own flying style, experience and skill level and the way each plane is set up (battery placement, etc.) and whether or not a gyro is used and how that gyro is set up (gains, etc). Some people don't even use less rates or any expo at all they feel perfectly comfortable with the plane that way, while others have been known to go as low as 25% rates and 50%+ expo. This may mean very little to anyone else except the pilot flying that plane. They may also have the control rods in different holes on the servo arm and on the control surface arm.

Comment

• Correct. 32% of what as the "full" travel may be different for different people. Also different radios may produce different surface throws even though both are at 32%.

Setting your rates, either servo travel or in dual rates to a low value like 32% is a really bad way to set an amount of surface throw. You are reducing the resolution the servo see's and will have poor mechanical advantage. The much better way is to keep 100% or more in the radio and change your servo to horn linkage to reduce the surface deflection. Usually we can't move the push rod to a more outer hole on the surface horn so we have to move the pushrod in on the servo arm a hole or two.

Comment

The much better way is to keep 100% or more in the radio and change your servo to horn linkage to reduce the surface deflection. Usually we can't move the push rod to a more outer hole on the surface horn so we have to move the pushrod in on the servo arm a hole or two.
                            After I read this advice, I did it on a few of my planes where I was using very low rates. The end result was a much smoother control surface operation and a higher confidence level when flying those planes. I pointed out this method to a couple of my flying buddies who also adopted it and they too, are much happier with their planes performance.

Comment

Correct. 32% of what as the "full" travel may be different for different people. Also different radios may produce different surface throws even though both are at 32%.

Setting your rates, either servo travel or in dual rates to a low value like 32% is a really bad way to set an amount of surface throw. You are reducing the resolution the servo see's and will have poor mechanical advantage. The much better way is to keep 100% or more in the radio and change your servo to horn linkage to reduce the surface deflection. Usually we can't move the push rod to a more outer hole on the surface horn so we have to move the pushrod in on the servo arm a hole or two.
                              Archimedes could have told us that 2,200 years ago.

Comment

• Awesome airplane. I have mine tricked out with electric brakes and a steering gyro. Any chance anyone has recommendations on an upgrade to the main gear? Those electric brakes add a bit of weight, -Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff767 View Post
                                  Awesome airplane. I have mine tricked out with electric brakes and a steering gyro. Any chance anyone has recommendations on an upgrade to the main gear? Those electric brakes add a bit of weight, -Thanks
                                  The turbine guys are putting Freewing T-33 retract mechanism and modify the Avanti struts. That is what I have on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie9859901 View Post

The turbine guys are putting Freewing T-33 retract mechanism and modify the Avanti struts. That is what I have on mine.
                                    Awesome news. I have a spare set in my shop!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie9859901 View Post

Absolutely fantastic recommendation! It took an hour or so each side but now my gear operate flawlessly even with the weight of the heavy wheels and brakes. The big challenge was to hold the strut in a vise on my drill press. I drilled one side perfectly, the other side was a tad off, but I am a perfectionist.... Robbie you are the best!

Comment

• 102 flights on turbine setup, still like new, amazing plane!

Attached Files

Comment

• ESC Cooling Vents?

I just ordered one and was wondering.

I fly in the southwest and have found that the ESC on the Eflite Viper 90mm, F-16 80mm, and FMS Futura V3 80mm does not cool properly and get really hot in our hot weather. The only venting on all of them is a slotted piece of wood on the inside of tube. For each of the above EDF’s I had to install vents cut into the fuselage.

How is the cooling on the EDF? Are you guys installing vents?

Pictures much appreciated. 🙏

Comment

Working...
                                          X