Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awh ya. Get em while you can at mcdonalds

Comment

• Owner's Manual is FINALLY on the product page. Sorry for the delay.

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Anyone know the fan swept area of the 80mm? I'm guessing the top speed could be increased a tad by installing a mylar thrust tube with the correct outlet diameter. A percentage of FSA. Also those injection molding tits on current design must increase the drag in the thrust tube. I have one on order. All i have lipo wise is Gens-Ace 5500 and Glacier 5300. Do you guys think that would be to heavy for grass field ops.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
          Awh ya. Get em while you can at mcdonalds
          Nice! And free, too. Toys R Us and Fleabay charge a fortune for these.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebates View Post
            Anyone know the fan swept area of the 80mm? I'm guessing the top speed could be increased a tad by installing a mylar thrust tube with the correct outlet diameter. A percentage of FSA. Also those injection molding tits on current design must increase the drag in the thrust tube. I have one on order. All i have lipo wise is Gens-Ace 5500 and Glacier 5300. Do you guys think that would be to heavy for grass field ops.?
            This plane will take 900 gram batteries easily, maybe more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post

This plane will take 900 gram batteries easily, maybe more.
              I have all Gens Ace 5000's but I borrowed a 5500 from a friend for a flight. It performed fine. No problem getting of the grass at my club field.

Rick Pellicciotti
              Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebates View Post
                Anyone know the fan swept area of the 80mm? I'm guessing the top speed could be increased a tad by installing a mylar thrust tube with the correct outlet diameter. A percentage of FSA. Also those injection molding tits on current design must increase the drag in the thrust tube. I have one on order. All i have lipo wise is Gens-Ace 5500 and Glacier 5300. Do you guys think that would be to heavy for grass field ops.?
                I have flown this Baby from 4000 to 6200mah on uneven grass field with a greater preference for the lighter 4000mah ..Closing in on 75flts..Downside being less flytime but better Upside of wringing it out with greater speed & better verticals..It's like Hussein Bolt taking a couple of weeks off & adding a few kilos then running the 100 meters..:)

Comment

• Thanks guys, very helpful. There is something to be said for light wing loading. I may look into a couple 4000 or 4500 packs. With my flying style I may be able to get some decent time out of them. I don't fly my jets like an Ugly Stick. Big open maneuvers with energy conservation. Learned that from watching Bob Hoover back in the day. Still would like to know the FSA. Current project attached for any A-4 fans. Not me but very close to my paint scheme. I have a build thread over on RCGroups. Click image for larger version

Name:	Pepoa4.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	84089

Comment

• Flew mine a couple of times this morning. I think I sold another Avanti S because of it.

Comment

• Does anyone regret buying this plane? I haven't heard anything negative so far, which is amazing. Personally, hopping into my first jet was a little nerve racking, especially waiting for it to arrive, but once she was up in the air, I loved this bird. Batteries are charged and she's taking to the skies today after some front gear surgery.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Does anyone regret buying this plane? I haven't heard anything negative so far, which is amazing. Personally, hopping into my first jet was a little nerve racking, especially waiting for it to arrive, but once she was up in the air, I loved this bird. Batteries are charged and she's taking to the skies today after some front gear surgery.

Grossman56
                        Not even a hint of regret. Those at my field who know me and all the planes that I have had and still have, they say this is THE BEST EDF they've seen. In fact, I sold one for Motion after my flying buddy saw it. Mind you, they haven't seen my A-10 yet.

Comment

Does anyone regret buying this plane? I haven't heard anything negative so far, which is amazing. Personally, hopping into my first jet was a little nerve racking, especially waiting for it to arrive, but once she was up in the air, I loved this bird. Batteries are charged and she's taking to the skies today after some front gear surgery.

Grossman56
                          Quick answer. Hell no. Awesome jet. Put 3 flights on mine today and would have done more if not for putting 4 on my A-10 and a few on other jets as well. All Freewing BTW.

Comment

• Nope, really enjoying mine. She's just a no fuss great flyer.

Comment

Grossman56
                              No , don't regret it at all ! Love it in fact , BUT the wing ribbon connector is a problem if you remove the wings frequently. The pins in the ribbon I was very fragile. And also make intermittent contact. I thought I was the only one that had this problem, but if you go to RC groups you will see others have as well. Love the idea of the plugin wings , but the idea needs to be refined. Thankfully it was just one of the main gears that failed for me, not a flap or even worse an aireron . I will most probably remove the ribbon and just connect with aileron extensions .

I wonder if motion has been getting calls about this?

Felix

Comment

• I took out my ribbons and the circuit board; it was dead after the crash and may have been the cause of it. No problems after that. Otherwise a great flier.

Comment

• OKAY!!!! It's early July.....where's my Avanti S??

Comment

• Anyone had the idea of installing landing lights? One each side in the wing leading edge is my first choice but need to find out if the 5w lights can fit. Can someone give me a diameter of one and then i can measure to see if the leading edge will support a light.
                                    Thanks
                                    Sam

Comment

• I'm having a hard time getting onto Motions website but the leading edge landing lights on the Tigercat will fit. Don't know if you can buy them separately. I just went and measured them and the leading edge of the Avanti. If you mount them parallel to the leading edge they will point with the wing sweep but you could inset them some to face straight ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                        I'm having a hard time getting onto Motions website but the leading edge landing lights on the Tigercat will fit. Don't know if you can buy them separately. I just went and measured them and the leading edge of the Avanti. If you mount them parallel to the leading edge they will point with the wing sweep but you could inset them some to face straight ahead.
                                        The landing lights are avail for just the plastic lens in plastic set D.

The LED's are not avail but I've used these a lot in other light mods.
                                        At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Stinger 90 nose gear retract issue. On 2nd flight, I had to cycle gear 3x to get nose wheel down. Main gear and doors worked fine. On the bench, cycled gear 6x. 3x the nose gear would not activate and come down. Guys at field took a look and thought the 5v bec might not be sufficient so I upgraded to a Castle 6v, 10amp bec....still problematic. Checked wiring 3 x and everything looks good there. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                          X