X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeremy_n_Germany View Post
    Here is a video of mine with a few silly sound effects, I love doing flips with this sweet jet!!
    That's the weirdest thing I've seen a sportjet do. Love the added sound clips. Very entertaining. And you've got the same back seat driver as I do in my Avanti S.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
      That's the weirdest thing I've seen a sportjet do. Love the added sound clips. Very entertaining. And you've got the same back seat driver as I do in my Avanti S.
      Thanks! It is such a fun bird! That backseat driver is such a rude lady, flipping off the pilot and all!

Comment

Thanks! It is such a fun bird! That backseat driver is such a rude lady, flipping off the pilot and all!
        She appears in several of my planes. In my Avanti, the front seat is also very rude.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2883.JPG
Views:	654
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	82223

Comment

• Nice flying Jeremy.

Comment

• jeremy can you step by step tell me what input gets such a nice flip at the top like you are getting with the avanti.. i want to work on that move..

Comment

• Haha! I at least let the front front seater give a thumbs up, haha. Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
                jeremy can you step by step tell me what input gets such a nice flip at the top like you are getting with the avanti.. i want to work on that move..
                I flip to high rates, then full down elevator, combined with full left aileron (stick at the top left position), and then full right rudder combined with full power, (stick in the full top right position), all at the same time, keep the power on and you can control which flip it comes out of into regular flight by cutting the throttle when the nose is pointed downward, you can also get an extremely long tail stand that caused someone to ask if I had thrust vectoring! You have to be quick and aggressive on the sticks though. Some at the field think I am going to have a wing break, I THINK it is strong enough to take it, but that is why new planes are made every day. Heck, on Tuesday night I was getting some even more wild movements due to a higher airspeed, such a blast and just simply too much fun!

Comment

I flip to high rates, then full down elevator, combined with full left aileron (stick at the top left position), and then full right rudder combined with full power, (stick in the full top right position), all at the same time, keep the power on and you can control which flip it comes out of into regular flight by cutting the throttle when the nose is pointed downward, you can also get an extremely long tail stand that caused someone to ask if I had thrust vectoring! You have to be quick and aggressive on the sticks though. Some at the field think I am going to have a wing break, I THINK it is strong enough to take it, but that is why new planes are made every day. Heck, on Tuesday night I was getting some even more wild movements due to a higher airspeed, such a blast and just simply too much fun!
                  The Avanti Sneak Peak #3 Video flown by AceMigKiller has some very cool moves like that. Well done!
                  MRC: Avanti S, F7F Tigercat. Eflite: Carbon Z Cub, A-10, P-47, Micro Radian. Flex Innovations: QQ300, Night Cessna 150, HK Night Walrus, Parkzone F-27 Stryker, Micro F-27 Stryker, Night Vapor, Micro Mosquito

Comment

• Originally posted by rpellicciotti View Post

You get 7 minutes on a 3300? I get about 3:45 on a 5000. What am I doing wrong?
                    Additional data after 5 more flights. My battery meter turns out to be a little conservative. It is showing 15% capacity left after 3:30 on a throttle controlled timer. Actual flight time is close to 4 minutes, takeoff to landing. Upon recharging the batteries, it turns out that they actually had more like 20% capacity left. So, I am going to up my timer 15 seconds and see how it does.

Rick

Comment

• Did 2 flights today and got videos with my hat cam ..............................
                      WARNING ...................... BOREDOM ALERT. If you are narcoleptic, best ignore these videos.
                      I fly my Avanti S with 5000mah, 6s, Gens Ace battery. Started off fully charged (99%). First flight was done at around 40% throttle for almost all of the flight except for the take off. If I had a smooth runway, I could have done it all at low throttle. I used a HobbyKing Quanum live voltage warning TX/RX set to alarm at 3.5V for the "lopey" flight to tell me when to land. My plan was to fly it for as long as I could. If you can stand watching all of the video, you can hear our comments and see the actual "motor time". It came down with 20% left on the battery having run almost 8 minutes. I could have gone another minute and possibly even 2 more minutes if I had flown with less throttle. It was enjoyable for spectators but nearly put me to sleep.
                      The second video shows one of my more normal flights. Same battery and flew for just over 3.5 minutes. Came down with the same 20% left. It also shows just how tough the landing gear is on this plane. It was a "bouncer".

Comment

• Hey XViper .. I watched the 1st video & thought you must have changed over a new leaf..LOL:Confused:

Comment

• Unfortunately, my nose gear needs some surgery. I have to get the plastic base out of the fuse and that entails splitting the fuselage, there is a small crack on it, don't know whether its factory or Grossman, but it has to be repaired,
                          Scalpel, forceps, rib spreader, where is that nurse??

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                            Hey XViper .. I watched the 1st video & thought you must have changed over a new leaf..LOL:Confused:
                            I did fly it from a lawn chair. :Yawn:

Comment

•  

Comment

• Got the plastic piece out and hopefully repaired, it's drying now and we'll see how it turns out. The lighter fluid trick worked well, it gums up the glue. Takes a bit of work but we got it out .

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Here's a flight of my Avanti at downwindleg's sweet grass field in Friday Harbor, WA...From last weekend...The original song was Dio's Rainbow In The Dark but the Powers That Be removed the entire video! So I had to put some generic copyright free tune in there...

My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Great footage Aros...........someday that camera will be mounted on a bent wing bird!!

Comment

• Yes sir! Can hardly wait!!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• She's back together again and ready for the air, I love this plane!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I flew mine 3 more times yesterday afternoon (after pattern practice). Love this airplane! Flies off the grass fine, Excellent stability and does any maneuver you can think of. I borrowed the GPS telemetry module out of my turbine Avanti and flew with it. Highest recorded speed was 129.8 mph.

Rick Pellicciotti
                                          Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Last edited by rpellicciotti; Jun 26, 2017, 06:39 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Working...
                                          X