Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This plane has a light on the front strut that comes on only when the gear is down. Why don't you parallel it to that circuit?

Comment

• The avanti has no light on the strut

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
        The avanti has no light on the strut
        My mistake. :Dead: I was thinking of my A-10 and Stinger 90. :Silly:
        If it were me, I'd try to plug the light controller into an empty channel, then do a mix like "gear to empty channel" and select the switch position that is gear down. That's how I do it when I want the steering servo to only work when gear is down.

Comment

• Sweet I got it thanks !

Comment

• You guys gotta get some landing lights! Helps out in dusk flying a lot !

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
              You guys gotta get some landing lights! Helps out in dusk flying a lot !
              That does look impressive even though I rarely fly in the evening.

Comment

• I don't know if this will help any of you 6s Avanti S pilots with stock fan systems as I installed a TAMJETS 80mm 8s system (6 blade, I think) in my Avanti:

I carved-out the thrust chamber to accommodate a .005 Duralar thrust tube with the air exit diameter just a hair smaller than the stock exit diameter. I figured I would start there and then move to a smaller air exit diameter as I experiment down the road. I flew it today for the first time after installing the thrust tube and the increased power and speed were very noticeable. Actual amp draw was only 2-3 amps higher than using the stock thrust chamber. The actual dimensions of the tube vs. the stock thrust chamber should not have been that different, but evidently it was significant enough to be worthwhile. I'm not sure I even want to go to a different thrust tube with a smaller air exit diameter as I was having so much fun with it!

Comment

• Comment

• Hey Topshot19

What lights are you using for the nose gear? Looks really good. These planes fly great. Hope Motion starts getting in more of the spare parts. Not that I need any, but I bought some of the parts when they were in stock, never hurts to have extra.

Cheers! and Blue Skies to ya.....

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun View Post
                      Hey Topshot19

What lights are you using for the nose gear? Looks really good. These planes fly great. Hope Motion starts getting in more of the spare parts. Not that I need any, but I bought some of the parts when they were in stock, never hurts to have extra.

Cheers! and Blue Skies to ya.....
                      i used the led kit from the 90mm f16. Two of the single led's and just hot glued them to the strut. They are the same style the avanti has. I had a burnt out red led too so I replaced it with one from the set. You have to buy a led control module also.

its sadly out of stock now. I think I got the last one. But I believe there are ae other planes that use this style of led.

Comment

• Thanks for the info Topshot19,

I do have a set of these lights and a couple controllers too. You are right, they do use these in other aircraft, my P51 has this controller in it.
                        Hey..... thanks for the come back. I posted a mod here a few pages back that would give the nose gear some support, it does help in taking
                        stress off the gear when you don't have a near perfect landing.

Cheers!!!! and Blue Skies to ya......

Comment

• Anyone know when the next shipment is coming in?

Comment

• fabricated a led afterburner... :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisstyphoon View Post
                              fabricated a led afterburner... :-)
                              Nice! Good job! :Cool:

Comment

• While we are showing our burners off, here are a few pictures of my burner mod.
                                Enjoy!
                                Cheers!!! and Blue skies to ya..........

Comment

While we are showing our burners off, here are a few pictures of my burner mod.
                                  Enjoy!
                                  nice! :Cool: what tail cone did you use?
                                  I cut a Viper 90mm cone in half, but it is just a hair to wide.

Comment

While we are showing our burners off, here are a few pictures of my burner mod.
                                    Enjoy!
                                    TopGun, which tailcone did you use for your mod?

Comment

• Hey guys, Topgun here,

The nozzle I used for my mod was the Freewing F-16C 90mm tail nozzle. It is on MotionRc site and it was $2.49. The SKU# is FJ306110917

This is a large nozzle, but I took my time and cut it down till the LEDs on my afterburner ring just fit in the inside edge. Once I got it to fit
                                      flush with the back plate of the afterburner, I then tacked it down with hot glue. I position the afterburner on the jet with the wires in the
                                      12 o'clock position made a hole just big enough to feed them into the channel under the rudder. Rudder needs to be removed to do this.
                                      From there the wires were run up to the front of the battery compartment and connected to the afterburner controller. Replace the rudder and
                                      hot glued the afterburner in place after testing that all was working. I think it turned out pretty good.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya.........

Comment

• Hey Topgun- nice job on your afterburner! Which afterburner did you use?

Comment

• Hey fairplane,
                                          The afterburner that I am using came from eBay. Search this heading "RC Lander 3 Colour Led AfterBurn System For 70mm EDF Jet" and it will bring it to you.
                                          This burner comes from Hong Kong and I received it pretty quick. Shipping from HongKong is fast, I can NOT say that for orders from China. I don't buy anything
                                          from China because it takes way to long to get your order.
                                          This is a 70mm afterburner, the whole on the Avanti is 70mm, so this afterburner causes no restrictions of air flow (thrust) which is a big plus.

I paid $24.75 and the shipping was free.

Hope this helps..

Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya......

Comment

Working...
                                          X