X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

FYI I do but what's it got to do with intermittent issues.. As soon as I binned the Module all those issues went away like Magic..;)
    I don't hate Specktrum; I just asked because I have a Starufenbiel F4U Corsair that came with the AR636 receiver and my gear doors cycle open and close all the time all on there own. No control board in this plane so it's not the control board that is causing that issue. it must be something in the firm ware from Spektrum, For your problem I'm guessing. I hope we get an answer to the question about the board because we all want to know what is going on. Kenny

Comment

• Originally posted by HANGER FIFTYONE View Post

I don't hate Specktrum; I just asked because I have a Starufenbiel F4U Corsair that came with the AR636 receiver and my gear doors cycle open and close all the time all on there own. No control board in this plane so it's not the control board that is causing that issue. it must be something in the firm ware from Spektrum, For your problem I'm guessing. I hope we get an answer to the question about the board because we all want to know what is going on. Kenny
      The AR636 in the Corsair is proprietary and is known to have peculiarities as does the AR636 in their little Sukhoi. I have 3 of those AR636's and all are very weird and I consider them to be useless. However, the 636 in other Eflite planes are fine. It's not so much a "Spektrum" issue as it is an AR636A oddity. And you can't say that HobbyKing radio gear and FrSky hasn't had their teething problems either.
      I don't think this so called "control" board on this plane controls anything. It's just a circuit board used to eliminate a bunch of Y's and therein may likely be the problem - too many solder points and too many servos using a common ground and probably common power.

Comment

That's one reason why I steered away from the Spectrum Rx & use exclusively Lemon Rx/Stabs accumulating hundreds of flts & so far so good on various models..

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

That's one reason why I steered away from the Spectrum Rx & use exclusively Lemon Rx/Stabs accumulating hundreds of flts & so far so good on various models..
          I use Lemons exclusively now, but it's because I'm a cheapskate.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
            I use Lemons exclusively now, but it's because I'm a cheapskate.
            Cheap doesn't mean it's Bad..;):)

Comment

•  

Comment

• Is it bad to let one of these models sit in a hot car ? Want to go flying in the mornings before work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                  Is it bad to let one of these models sit in a hot car ? Want to go flying in the mornings before work.
                  I wouldn't do it .. Take the plane in to work for some show and tell :);) Kenny

Comment

https://youtu.be/7v-XHRn5U8k OK guys; here is my 7 min flight with a 3300 mah 6S 30C /// I DON'T recommend this battery but it will work. I welcome all comments ; questions opinions. :Cool: Kenny
                    so was the video that bad or am I invisible ? :Confused:;):) Kenny

Comment

so was the video that bad or am I invisible ? :Confused:;):) Kenny
                      No, it was a really good video...where was it shot?
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• You're not invisible Kenny. I'm not a fan of hat cam videos myself, and, 15 minutes goes WAY past my attention span. LOL I just like to look at the planes fly and watching a speck in sky (even at full screen) is not my thing.
                        I'm sure there are still plenty of folks here that would like it though.
                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• The first 6-1/2 minutes and the last 2 minutes could have been edited out and not lose a thing. Those 8-1/2 minutes was just too much to hold my attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

No, it was a really good video...where was it shot?
                            Spring Hill Florida cow pasture USA :Silly:

Comment

• Hey urrl

It's always a pleasure to watch your videos. Your editing is outstanding. Maybe a career there if you wanted to pursue it. Those owls are a hoot. However, I believe they don't make good pets as they can get nasty if the mood strikes them. Do you know the species?

I like the nose gear landing light. Does it turn on when gear is down and off when gear is up? I would like to know how you have it hooked up (controller and battery) if you would share.

Thanks for the videos, enjoyable.

GMB

Comment

• The control board is a junction box for the all the servos. It also has a circuit on it to control the lights that flash and bring the voltage down for the wing tip lights. I had a glitch on my flaps in that one of them didn't go up all the way after landing. Cycled the flaps and flew with no problem. One other flier with the Avanti has had two incidents of glitches while flying. Just for info, I fly Futaba and he flies Spektrum. After reading of possible problems with the board, I pulled mine out and ran extensions. I'm waiting for a LED light module to operate the lights. I also have the Freewing A-10 which also has an ICM in it, but so far no one has reported any problems. Just for precautions, I ordered a LED module and a landing gear sequencer for it. Hopefully I wont have to use them in the A-10 since I have to take off the wings for transport and the one plug system is great. The wings stay on the Avanti for transport since it's not as big. Hopefully Motion addresses this problem if it turns out to be widespread. And I also wonder if the problems are only with the first batch that we all got.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
                                  The control board is a junction box for the all the servos. It also has a circuit on it to control the lights that flash and bring the voltage down for the wing tip lights. I had a glitch on my flaps in that one of them didn't go up all the way after landing. Cycled the flaps and flew with no problem. One other flier with the Avanti has had two incidents of glitches while flying. Just for info, I fly Futaba and he flies Spektrum. After reading of possible problems with the board, I pulled mine out and ran extensions. I'm waiting for a LED light module to operate the lights. I also have the Freewing A-10 which also has an ICM in it, but so far no one has reported any problems. Just for precautions, I ordered a LED module and a landing gear sequencer for it. Hopefully I wont have to use them in the A-10 since I have to take off the wings for transport and the one plug system is great. The wings stay on the Avanti for transport since it's not as big. Hopefully Motion addresses this problem if it turns out to be widespread. And I also wonder if the problems are only with the first batch that we all got.
                                  If you're by-passing that board for your control surfaces anyway, can you not just leave the lights connected to the board or does it need power from one of the other leads?

Comment

• Originally posted by fairplane View Post
                                    So I posted this on the Freewing Facebook page. Let's see if we get an answer!
                                    "I received my new Avanti S but haven't flown it yet. There have been some crashes documented online where the integrated circuit module is being accused of being the problem. Uncommanded movement of flaps and ailerons. Can you clarify the function of the module? Is it simply a junction for the control surfaces combined with a light controller? Is it also a gear sequencer? Should we be using a dielectric grease on the connectors? A wiring schematic would be helpful. I would not want to see this beautiful jet crash due to a faulty electronic component!"

If the board is simply a junction box for the control surfaces I don't see how it could input any control , maybe intermittent control due to poor connections. We definitely need more info about the module!
                                    There is a wiring schematic of sorts in the builder manual. As near as I can tell it is just a signal junction, performing the same function as a "Y" cord but much cleaner and neat. I have had zero problems with mine but I did notice a few of the connectors not push on all the way during the building process. I made sure that all of the connectors were seated fully on the pins.

I put five more flights on mine yesterday. It is a really great flying airplane.

Rick Pellicciotti
                                    Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• It will need a power and ground lead from the receiver or bec regulator, but then your stuck with the ribbon cable and wing connectors. I had a led light controller V3 that I took of my Stinger90, thats what most guys are using to power the lights.

Comment

OK guys; here is my 7 min flight with a 3300 mah 6S 30C /// I DON'T recommend this battery but it will work. I welcome all comments ; questions opinions. :Cool: Kenny
                                        You get 7 minutes on a 3300? I get about 3:45 on a 5000. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                          The AR636 in the Corsair is proprietary and is known to have peculiarities as does the AR636 in their little Sukhoi. I have 3 of those AR636's and all are very weird and I consider them to be useless. However, the 636 in other Eflite planes are fine. It's not so much a "Spektrum" issue as it is an AR636A oddity. And you can't say that HobbyKing radio gear and FrSky hasn't had their teething problems either.
                                          I don't think this so called "control" board on this plane controls anything. It's just a circuit board used to eliminate a bunch of Y's and therein may likely be the problem - too many solder points and too many servos using a common ground and probably common power.
                                          I have seen several issues in various planes with the AR636 receivers. I have never flown one personally but I do fly Spektrum exclusively. I have AR9350s in most of my planes including my Avanti 80mm and they perform flawlessly so far.

Rick Pellicciotti
                                          Last edited by rpellicciotti; Jun 20, 2017, 11:30 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Comment

Working...
                                          X