X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Does anyone regret buying this plane? I haven't heard anything negative so far, which is amazing. Personally, hopping into my first jet was a little nerve racking, especially waiting for it to arrive, but once she was up in the air, I loved this bird. Batteries are charged and she's taking to the skies today after some front gear surgery.

Grossman56
    Nope, not one regret. Two others at my field have orders in for one now. It is the best foamy airplane I have ever seen. Flew straight out of the box with no trim changes. Performs well off of grass. Lots of fun to fly.

Rick Pellicciotti
    Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skipdude View Post
      Stinger 90 nose gear retract issue. On 2nd flight, I had to cycle gear 3x to get nose wheel down. Main gear and doors worked fine. On the bench, cycled gear 6x. 3x the nose gear would not activate and come down. Guys at field took a look and thought the 5v bec might not be sufficient so I upgraded to a Castle 6v, 10amp bec....still problematic. Checked wiring 3 x and everything looks good there. Any suggestions?
      Since this is the Avanti S thread, are you saying that you have a Stinger 90 front retract on your Avanti S? Well, nevertheless, my old Stinger did the same thing. First flight at the field, the nose gear didn't come down but after wiggling it, it worked fine for the remainder of the flights. I think it's either something to do with the control board or there's something not making good contact in the retract itself. I never investigated further before I sold it but try to isolate the nose retract and try running it using a servo tester.

Comment

• Have we heard anything on ship dates?

Comment

• Yes What he said! :-)
          Any Word?
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• anybody moving the cg back some to get a more neutral inverted flight. mine takes much elevator inverted at the stock cg point.

Comment

• Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
              anybody moving the cg back some to get a more neutral inverted flight. mine takes much elevator inverted at the stock cg point.
              I am running a separate RX battery (1100mah LiFe) and put it in the little cavity behind the battery floor where a gyro might be mounted. Then I install my 6S 5000 battery as far aft as it will go. The airplane flies fine at this CG and inverted flight is smooth. I have one 6S battery that is wider than the usual ones and a little shorter. When I fly it rather than the other, longer ones, the airplane takes 2 clicks of down elevator. When I put the longer battery in, I take the two clicks out. Other than that, no trim changes. I do have my receiver mounted about as far forward as it will go.

Rick Pellicciotti
              Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adgnade View Post
                Have we heard anything on ship dates?
                I did a chat with Motion RC yesterday and received the feedback that the shipment was due next week. Enough received for all who pre-ordered. My first post to this list!!!

Comment

• Cool, grats. Welcome to the squawk.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruiser View Post

I did a chat with Motion RC yesterday and received the feedback that the shipment was due next week. Enough received for all who pre-ordered. My first post to this list!!!
                    Welcome to the Squawk cruiser. Get ready for some fun with this bird. Best foam sport EDF out there IMHO.

Comment

• Hi cruiser, great to have you here. The Avanti is my first EDF and I LOVE it!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thank you guys!!! Can't wait to get mine in the air.

Comment

• Hey Grossman56, I passed through Cody last week while on vacation. Lot's of wide open spaces to fly.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cruiser View Post
                            Hey Grossman56, I passed through Cody last week while on vacation. Lot's of wide open spaces to fly.

David
                            That's funny I will be in that area around the 25'th of this month on vacation. Going to see Rushmore and Yellowstone scratching those off of the bucket list.

Comment

• Took my Avanti 80mm to the Millington Barnstormers Fun Fly on Saturday. It was the first one of these that anyone there had seen. It caused a lot of buzz. I am sure the Motion RC web site saw a spike in hits :). Flew well off of the (wet) grass. Everyone liked it and there was a big crowd around the airplane when I disassembled it at the end of the day. We already know it but this airplane is a winner!

Comment

• Hey guys, lots of wide open spaces fenced off by ranchers who don't like trespassers:Confused:
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Flew my Avanti S at a different field yesterday. I think I may have sold another one.

Comment

• I was just wandering why there are 71 pages so far on the Avanti, and about 300 on the A-10??? I own all 3... I flew the Avanti, then the A-10. The reason they took flight before the Stinger 90, even though I purchased the Stinger first to replace a Habu before those purchases, is I had problems getting it off a grass field at the recommended control settings, where the Habu had no problem getting airborne.
                                    Long story short, you can read previous threads, but this jet flys really good, close to the Avanti in my opinion. I moved the battery back as far as I could and it is a completely different plane.
                                    I have not replaced the nose wheel and strut yet, and anticipate a much quicker rotation after.
                                    This is a good flying EDF and I don't understand why it is not that popular with the community.
                                    Don't take me wrong here, the A-10 is #1, the Avanti #2, in my opinion, but the Stinger is a great EDF, especially compared to others on the market...
                                    Would like to hear from others flying this plane... With only 2 pages, I am guessing not to many of you purchased this plane...
                                    Thanks...

Comment

• How would the electrics from the Scorpion work in the Avanti? My Scorpion is injured and would like to donate some organs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                                        I was just wandering why there are 71 pages so far on the Avanti, and about 300 on the A-10??? I own all 3... I flew the Avanti, then the A-10. The reason they took flight before the Stinger 90, even though I purchased the Stinger first to replace a Habu before those purchases, is I had problems getting it off a grass field at the recommended control settings, where the Habu had no problem getting airborne.
                                        Long story short, you can read previous threads, but this jet flys really good, close to the Avanti in my opinion. I moved the battery back as far as I could and it is a completely different plane.
                                        I have not replaced the nose wheel and strut yet, and anticipate a much quicker rotation after.
                                        This is a good flying EDF and I don't understand why it is not that popular with the community.
                                        Don't take me wrong here, the A-10 is #1, the Avanti #2, in my opinion, but the Stinger is a great EDF, especially compared to others on the market...
                                        Would like to hear from others flying this plane... With only 2 pages, I am guessing not to many of you purchased this plane...
                                        Thanks...
                                        The Stinger sold incredibly well, and I think the lack of thread participation was simply because the thread came along well after the planes initial release. Other RC forums like RCG have extensive threads regarding the Stinger. It may not be everybody's cup of tea in looks department, but not many can say it's not for them in the flying department. It's a great jet for sure.

Comment

• I think its because there are a lot of military or ex-military airmen on the forum. The A-10 rings closer to their hearts than a sport jet that doesn't exist in real life.
                                          I've had the S90 and now the Avanti S. The Avanti, IMO, is just a slightly nicer airplane in all categories (looks, flight, stock retracts). Also have the A-10 but haven't flown it yet. Still messing with the decals.

Comment

Working...
                                          X