X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All
    I have just received an Avanti Fuse from MotionRc and the nose landing gear mount looks like it has not been glued properly, I only noticed it after i mounted everything and retracted the gear the front doors didn't close properly and the front wheel sticks out. any of you guys had the same problem?
    You can clearly see from the pictures what I mean.
    Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrian-M View Post
      Hi All
      I have just received an Avanti Fuse from MotionRc and the nose landing gear mount looks like it has not been glued properly, I only noticed it after i mounted everything and retracted the gear the front doors didn't close properly and the front wheel sticks out. any of you guys had the same problem?
      Cheers
      I have experience in this matter. After a hard landing I noticed that my nose gear was not in the normal "vertical" orientation. My first reaction was that I had bent the landing gear. Upon closer examination I determined that the plastic nose gear mount had moved on the foam airframe (it looked just like your photo). I fixed mine with 5 minute epoxy and a large C-clamp to hold it in place. If your nose gear plastic mount as shown in the picture is the condition that you received it from Motion RC, I would suggest asking for a replacement.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrian-M View Post
        Hi All
        Cheers
        Just sent Tom a message and I know he'll be in touch. Watch what real Customer Service is!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Fastfoward thanks for your reply. This air frame hasn't been flown so no hard landing. I shouldn't have to fix something that I haven't broke so I expect a replacement fuse.
          Grossman56
          I hope the customer support is as good as you say. Unfortunately I live in New Zealand so we will see how good MotionRc customer support is...... Will keep you posted
          Here are a couple of pictures of my old fuse that I damaged on a not so good landing nose first, I actually bent the pin that hold the oleo and pushed the nose in it is reparable but I just wanted to replace it to get me in the air asap. you can see that the mount for the retract as as good as new.
          Cheers
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Adrian-M; Jan 13, 2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            !!!
            Just sent Tom a message and I know he'll be in touch. Watch what real Customer Service is!

Grossman56
            To be honest I'm not Impressed with the customer support so far. I contacted Motionrc on 01/12/2019 3:47 PM We received your request and assigned you Ticket #T160561
            Doesn't say much about the 24hour email service...does it?

Okay I have to apologize here after Posting here I managed to get on the live chat talking to a guy called Wayne and they will send me a replacement fuse so!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOTION RC CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS SECOND TO NONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lowflyer View Post
              Avanti is sold pending receipt of funds. Thanks to all those who contacted me.
              Received the Plane! A pleasure doing business mate. Now I can say I'm a member of the Avanti Club.

Woody

Comment

• Axel S.In your model type selection men, you should be able to select 1 aileron and one flap. If you have the flaps and aileron connected to a Y harness. If you con not do this set up, just select one aileron and put the flaps on channel 6. In other words, select airplane with normal rudder. Here is a link for you:http://futaba8fg.wdfiles.com/local--..._Sept_2011.pdf. I hope this helps.

Comment

• I had some issues with that plastic landing gear mount. With the first fuse, I had to split it and pull the part out and repair it. With the second one, I packed epoxy around it and tapped a screw into the forward tab and covered it with epoxy before screwing it in. Lets see what happens now! Sure would be great if that piece was more sturdy, made of metal would be great!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Thank you Captain Phoenix, I will do some more tries with that information.

Comment

• can anyone confirm the aileron travel ,, with 19mm its uncontrollable i have broke my fuze after only 3 sec of flight , no other damage so new fuz on its way

Comment

• Originally posted by steve speed View Post
                        can anyone confirm the aileron travel ,, with 19mm its uncontrollable i have broke my fuze after only 3 sec of flight , no other damage so new fuz on its way
                        At 19mm the roll rate is crazy on the Avanti the max I've had is 15mm but remember Expo is our good friend......
                        Cheers

Comment

• Aggresive Avanti:) https://youtu.be/AU5c8iEkPU4

Comment

• Just picked up a yellow ARF+ that I will be putting a 3658-1820kV in-runner in. So far am impressed and am looking forward to getting it into the air. Curious if anyone here has used this unit in the Avanti?

Comment

• One of my flying buddies has. It's a good match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                One of my flying buddies has. It's a good match.
                                Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting it into the air. Going to build a nose gear support out of some spare balsa I have laying around first.

Comment

• 9 blade EDF system measurements = 93 Amps and close to 2500 watts at full throttle. Half throttle yielded (not surprisingly) 1200 watts at around 43 amps. Should work great!

After getting what appeared to be very low readings with my older Astro wattmeter and the new 9 blade fan combo I did some controlled substitutions.

Using a different (Castle Edge 100) speed control and a couple of different Thunder Power 55C battery setups I got basically the same readings (70 amps 1550 watts) as I did originally with the Freewing speed control and Admiral 5000 50C batteries.

Borrowing a new Turnigy 180 amp watt meter with the original batteries and the TP batteries I am seeing 93 Amps and close to 2200 watts with both ESCs.

Looks like the older ammeter had some issues...

Comment

• Originally posted by TBeghtol View Post
                                    9 blade EDF system measurements = 93 Amps and close to 2500 watts at full throttle. Half throttle yielded (not surprisingly) 1200 watts at around 43 amps. Should work great!

After getting what appeared to be very low readings with my older Astro wattmeter and the new 9 blade fan combo I did some controlled substitutions.

Using a different (Castle Edge 100) speed control and a couple of different Thunder Power 55C battery setups I got basically the same readings (70 amps 1550 watts) as I did originally with the Freewing speed control and Admiral 5000 50C batteries.

Borrowing a new Turnigy 180 amp watt meter with the original batteries and the TP batteries I am seeing 93 Amps and close to 2200 watts with both ESCs.

Looks like the older ammeter had some issues...
                                    A couple of guys in our club have the Turnigy 180 amp watt meter, we tested both of them on the same aircraft and we got reading that where 13 Amps different from one to the other...LOL I use a Fluke 374-FC Clamp meter then the simple formula Amps x Volts = Watts this formula of course only works on DC current.
                                    I also just received my replacement fuse from MotionRC so thanks again to the team great service.
                                    Cheers

Comment

• Hi Folks,

I'm new to Hobby Squawk! I've been in RC for many (30+) years flying airplanes, helis, and racing and AP multirotors, but I've never had an EDF until just ordering the Avanti S this week. I've flown small fast airplanes, but nothing quite as fast as the Avanti, so I'm a bit nervous. Based on everything I've read and seen, it shouldn't be too big a deal... I hope. I've read most of this thread and saw that everyone says it is super stable and realize that it's probably not needed, but a gyro will still be a nice confidence builder for landings.

I fly with an FRSky Horus and ordered an S8R receiver with built in 3 axis gyro for this plane along with a current sensor so I can set up a fuel gauge. Having a mAh / battery level reading is just wonderful and takes all the guesswork out of flying.

If you're looking for really wonderful batteries that hold voltage under heavy load, China Hobby Line has their 70c 4000mA 6s on sale. Normally they are $98.16 but they are now $65.99. I just got my order in...

Anyway, I'm super excited to be joining the EDF camp!

Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Sanford View Post
                                        Hi Folks,

I'm new to Hobby Squawk! I've been in RC for many (30+) years flying airplanes, helis, and racing and AP multirotors, but I've never had an EDF until just ordering the Avanti S this week. I've flown small fast airplanes, but nothing quite as fast as the Avanti, so I'm a bit nervous. Based on everything I've read and seen, it shouldn't be too big a deal... I hope. I've read most of this thread and saw that everyone says it is super stable and realize that it's probably not needed, but a gyro will still be a nice confidence builder for landings.

I fly with an FRSky Horus and ordered an S8R receiver with built in 3 axis gyro for this plane along with a current sensor so I can set up a fuel gauge. Having a mAh / battery level reading is just wonderful and takes all the guesswork out of flying.

If you're looking for really wonderful batteries that hold voltage under heavy load, China Hobby Line has their 70c 4000mA 6s on sale. Normally they are $98.16 but they are now $65.99. I just got my order in...

Anyway, I'm super excited to be joining the EDF camp!

Bill
                                        Welcome to Hobby Squawk Bill!
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• :Cool:
                                          Welcome! Glad you are here!

Comment

Working...
                                          X