Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Alpha :Cool:. I’m looking forward to flying it today to see how it looks in the sunlight and sky.

I made some small additions to the paint job I chose to do on the L-39 too, and now it looks more complete. Something was missing for me, and the little additions brought it together. I can’t remneber if I posted a picture of it or not, but if not I’ll post one on the L-39 thread.

Comment

• Hey,that looks great T-Cat! Is that the one you needed the fan cover for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
        Hey,that looks great T-Cat! Is that the one you needed the fan cover for?
        Thanks a ton! That was for a different one, but helped tremendously.

Comment

• Very cool!!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Here are the minions waiting for tower approval for takeoff.

Comment

• Lol Now that’s awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bcool831 View Post
                Here are the minions waiting for tower approval for takeoff.
                Here are my minions. They have a ton of flight time, they were originally in the yellow Avanti S. They have moved on to the new red Avanti S.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Views:	1158
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	160443

If you look closely at the start of the following video, you will see them in the new red Avanti S!!!

Comment

• Ha-ha awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lipripper View Post

I have had flap problems with my new Red Avanti S. This is a problem that is unique to the Avanti S. Not just the red Avanti S, but also the yellow Avanti S.

The solution is to make sure you have your Spectrum radio flaps set to "Normal Speed". Do not use any delay!!!

I have had this problem with only the Freewing Avanti S, both the yellow and red versions. I'm on my third Avanti S, I love this plane, but I have had flap issues on each plane, until a friend recommended using "Normal Speed" for flap deployment.

I would also like to hear any feedback from Motion RC on this issue. I'm not sure why this is only a problem with the Avanti S, but I do own/fly 3 other Freewing jets that do not have this problem.

I fly 3 other Freewing jets that I do use 2 second delay for the flaps. I believe it makes for a smoother transition in flight and it sure looks more realistic.

I also fly the Freewing 90mm Venom 2

I also fly the Freewing A-4 Skyhawk

I also fly the 70mm Red Hawk

The Freewing 90mm Venom 2, 80mm A-4 Skyhawk and the 70mm Red Hawk all work great with the Spectrum 2 second delay on the flaps, but not the Avanti S.

Again, the Avanti S is the best jet ever as far as I'm concerned!

I have a yellow and red Avanti and I have always used a slow flap deployment in my Spektrum radio. Never had any of the problems that I have read about here. That said, on the second flight of my red one, after landing, when I retracted the flaps, the right flap did not come up. I cycled the switch and the flap came up normal. It has worked fine every flight since.

If you want to use normal speed on your flaps then you just need to slow down before deployment. That will limit the ballooning of the airplane as the flaps go down. Either way works fine.

Rick Pellicciotti
                    Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• I am currently evaluating the Avanti S for addition to my small but growing fleet. My question is about batteries. I have two 6S 5000mAh packs I use with my L-39 and I want to get two more 6S packs. Is there a noticeable improvement in performance with the lighter 6S 4000 mAh packs? Part of me want to have 4 of the same to avoid any confusion, but if the additional weight if the 5000 mAh makes a big difference, maybe I should try the 4000's?

So, 4000 or 5000 mAh for the Avanti S?

Thanks

Bob DeGood

Comment

• Originally posted by fastforward View Post
                        I am currently evaluating the Avanti S for addition to my small but growing fleet. My question is about batteries. I have two 6S 5000mAh packs I use with my L-39 and I want to get two more 6S packs. Is there a noticeable improvement in performance with the lighter 6S 4000 mAh packs? Part of me want to have 4 of the same to avoid any confusion, but if the additional weight if the 5000 mAh makes a big difference, maybe I should try the 4000's?

So, 4000 or 5000 mAh for the Avanti S?

Thanks

Bob DeGood
                        Hi fastforward and welcome to the Squawk! The 5000mah packs are perfect for the Avanti. It's a fantastic flyer and loads of fun.

Comment

• All of our 80mms and 90mms going forward will be able to fit the Admiral 6s 5000 and 5100, so if you have those, you don't really need to buy all new 4000s. The 4000 will still fly our 80mms, but since you already have 5000s, might as well keep the same battery in your fleet.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• On a plane like the Avanti S, the small weight savings by using a 4000mah vs a 5000mah battery will be barely noticeable in terms of performance. What you will notice is how much faster the fun is over. If you want more speed and performance, cutting 150g from a plane that weighs 2600g isn't going to do it. Go 8s conversion. For me, these planes stock are plenty fast.

Comment

• Just ordered the Avanti S.... Looking forward to flying it but it may take some luck to get good flying weather in Kansas City before next April.

Comment

• 5K, she is made for it
                                rc flyin addict

Comment

• The big advantaage to me with the 5000 is the extra flying time.:Straight-Face:

Comment

• I fly my Avanti with Admiral 6s 3300mah's sometimes while i'm waiting on my 5000's to charge . I run them easy with the timer set at 2 mins , when the timer goes off i do a loop around and set her down . So far so good !

Comment

• can anyone confirm if the yellow Avanti servos are digital ?
                                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• My red 9 is ready

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                                          can anyone confirm if the yellow Avanti servos are digital ?
                                          If you look in the spare parts folder for the Avanti S it says the servos are digital.

Bob DeGood

Comment

Working...
                                          X