Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use almost all of our 100' paved runway getting her airborne, it's pretty close to the min for pavement anyway. I had a f18 and tried on a packed gravel runway, kicked up a rock and the fod made the fan explode, never again. Brakes will not be enough to stop this bird in 70', she will carry quite a bit of momentum so takes a bit of real estate to bring her in. Best to start with something smaller, likely you will have better success. Some of the smaller hand launch edf's might be better suited to your field.

my 2c
    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Do you really expect MRC to keep color logs for all the models they sell? Listen, any household paint store can color match these colors. They usually only provide samples in semigloss. Which means the sheen might be slightly off, but I always use it and the difference, to me usually gives the model a more authentic look. If you want an exact match you will usually have to commit to a quart. Some paint shops will separate it into two pints, and mix them separately. If you do the pint of sample, at least for me it seems to dry a little to flexible fo my liking. But I've found if you prime with Minwax Polycrilic before painting it sticks so well, you almost have to gouge the foam out to get it off.
      I don't really like the finish of coating the whole model with the Minway, just a preference thing.

You can't expect MRC or anyone to manage color charts for all these products, they're in the model business, not the paint business. Even if they did, you would find the color to be off, which is why we have to get it matched. Because even the correct color wouldn't match due to variances in the paint batches.

Best Regards
      Woody

PS household pain stores cannot do a Florescent Color. They don't have the necessary ingredient for matching. If you need a Florescent you will have to go to a custom automotive paint store. W
      Well maybe over that side of the pond “any household paint store” will make you a pot of color matched paint - not in the UK though, especially in a small rural town. The larger DIY sheds will only do minimum litre tins and that’s both too much quantity and cost. I really don’t think it would be too hard for any manufacturer to include a little plastic pot of “touch up” paint with the model as sold ? I’m old enough to remember touch up paint being supplied with your car whenpurchased

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbo View Post
        I’m old enough to remember touch up paint being supplied with your car whenpurchased
        The little tube they sell for some BMW models cost $100.00 US. The days of free touch up paint are gone.

Comment

Well maybe over that side of the pond “any household paint store” will make you a pot of color matched paint - not in the UK though, especially in a small rural town. The larger DIY sheds will only do minimum litre tins and that’s both too much quantity and cost. I really don’t think it would be too hard for any manufacturer to include a little plastic pot of “touch up” paint with the model as sold ? I’m old enough to remember touch up paint being supplied with your car whenpurchased
          Sorry to hear that Timbo. Actually never been to the UK mate.
          Guess it's different there. I have been to many other countries, they always seem to have a Home Depot, or a similar store. I feel your pain mate.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            The little tube they sell for some BMW models cost $100.00 US. The days of free touch up paint are gone.
            Oh yes I know that - but I doubt v much that foamy toy ‘plane manufacturers use the same paint :-)

Comment

Timbo.
              BandQ stores have a paint matching facility using Valspar Paint. Take your parts in and they will scan and match. You should get what we in the U.K. call emulsion. They will mix up a 200ml tester pot for £2.00, and you can get Matt, silk ( semi gloss) and gloss. You will see some of the US guys using Minwax Polycrylic varnish to finish their models. The equivalent is Ronseal Outdoor Diamond Hard clear varnish, again in Matt, silk and gloss, but it’s 1 ltr minimum for that.
              Hope this helps

Comment

• Hey! There ya go!

Comment

• Originally posted by IanF View Post

Timbo.
                  BandQ stores have a paint matching facility using Valspar Paint. Take your parts in and they will scan and match. You should get what we in the U.K. call emulsion. They will mix up a 200ml tester pot for £2.00, and you can get Matt, silk ( semi gloss) and gloss. You will see some of the US guys using Minwax Polycrylic varnish to finish their models. The equivalent is Ronseal Outdoor Diamond Hard clear varnish, again in Matt, silk and gloss, but it’s 1 ltr minimum for that.
                  Hope this helps
                  Awesome info for across the pond.... Welcome to Hobby Squawk!! Glad you are here!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Many thanks for that v informative post

Comment

• Has anyone had issues with their landing gear cycling on their own? Mine did on roll out after landing the other day and even cycled as I was carrying it back to the pitts. Bent and broke the main struts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hamburgrd View Post
                        Has anyone had issues with their landing gear cycling on their own? Mine did on roll out after landing the other day and even cycled as I was carrying it back to the pitts. Bent and broke the main struts.
                        First, double check that the end points on your servo travel on the gear channel wasn't tampered with. On Spektrum, it should say something like -100 to +100. If that's good, then I would guess that there's a short in the main connection board.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          First, double check that the end points on your servo travel on the gear channel wasn't tampered with. On Spektrum, it should say something like -100 to +100. If that's good, then I would guess that there's a short in the main connection board.
                          Thanks I'll check. I don't want to order new struts until I get this figured out. Just incase I have to order other parts.

Comment

• Got board waiting for the new struts, so I added some red!

Comment

Thanks I'll check. I don't want to order new struts until I get this figured out. Just incase I have to order other parts.
                              A little late, but Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Have a great weekend!!

Comment

Got board waiting for the new struts, so I added some red!
                                I like the red line, spray paint?

Comment

• Originally posted by Planeclothes View Post

I like the red line, spray paint?
                                  yes, good old rattle can. But now I’m at the field and the esc won’t arm? Worked at home on the bench now just beeps.

Comment

yes, good old rattle can. But now I’m at the field and the esc won’t arm? Worked at home on the bench now just beeps.

Set your throttle trim all the way down. Then turn the TX off. Put in the bind plug and then the flight battery. Then rebind the TX when you turn it on again... When it binds, remove the bind plug and test. If that works, cycle the TX to see if it stays bound... Hope that helps!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Set your throttle trim all the way down. Then turn the TX off. Put in the bind plug and then the flight battery. Then rebind the TX when you turn it on again... When it binds, remove the bind plug and test. If that works, cycle the TX to see if it stays bound... Hope that helps!!
                                      Didn’t work! I will call motion tomorrow

Comment

What kind of receiver you're using? Were you able to rebind? Could be a receiver issue, can you try it on some other plane?

Comment

I am sorry. I was thinking Spektrum since that is what I use... I hope you can get it resolved. Some times, the smallest thing will cause the beeping and not arm... Please let us know how it gets resolved... Jerry

Comment

Working...
                                          X