Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i still got new fuse on the shelf

Comment

• Well, here's the before and after...............

BEFORE

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2246.JPG
Views:	1441
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	130385Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2247.JPG
Views:	994
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	130386Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2248.JPG
Views:	976
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	130387

NOW THE REBUILD.........

Name:	IMG_2254.JPG
Views:	922
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	130388Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2256.JPG
Views:	966
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	130389Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2258.JPG
Views:	959
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	130391Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2259.JPG
Views:	935
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	130392Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2260.JPG
Views:	959
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	130393

THE RESUILT

Name:	IMG_2261.JPG
Views:	961
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	130394Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2262.JPG
Views:	1044
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	130395

Name:	IMG_2263.JPG
Views:	1002
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	130396

Note, the tail pipe is lined with aluminum tape in anticipation of the RC Geek After Burner.....

WHEW!!
      All that's left is the clear coats on the new pieces and she's brand new!!

Grossman56
      Attached Files
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Looks Good!:Cool:

Comment

• BTW, the cockpit colors were yellow, black and grey, duh!
          I had the dashboard a brown color, to simulate leather but drew a blank for the rest of it. This time I did the obvious and it looked great!

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Nice job mate

Comment

• Got to maiden mine this weekend. A really nice flying bird.

Here is a photo of the back end after I installed the RC Geek centerburner lights and foil tape

Comment

• I bought the Avanti and I am very impressed with the simplicity of the build and convenience of the components. The ribbon cable for each wing which powers the wingtip lights, main gear, aileron and flap operation which is incorporated into one flat cable with an easy connector is advanced. The quality of the plane at this price-point is impressive!
                Mine did have a defective nose gear right out of the box, however I opened a service ticket on Motion's website and two days later I had a new nose gear in my mailbox, no questions asked.

The maiden flight was last Friday and it was very windy (15 gusting 20). Apprehensive as I was, I couldn't wait any longer and decided to make it, or break it. She flew great! One click of aileron trim and it was pretty much flying hands off. Three flights, no issues. I elected not to use flaps due to the high winds. Flew again yesterday under much calmer wind conditions and used the flaps. The takeoffs are much shorter and the landings are a piece of cake. I did have to mix down elevator with flap, otherwise she pitches up a bit. Other than that, I bleed off speed on the base leg, use about 10 percent power on final, round-out to flare about a foot and a half off the ground and she settles down on the mains every time.

Next time I'll add the wing fences. I heard they improve lateral stability (less wiggle - not that it has any) but we'll see.

This is the big sister to my F-16. Due to the larger size and throatier sound, the Avanti is fast becoming my favorite. Can't wait to she how she looks at dusk with all those lights blinking and shining.
                The added bonus is I can fit the Avanti into my KIA Optima with the wings on!!

Bottom line - The Avanti is a keeper!

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk nrthwing. And welcome to the group of happy Avanti S pilots. The Avanti has become the favorite foam EDF sport jet for many of us. You hit the nail on the head "The Avanti is a keeper" for sure!:Cool:

Welcome to the Squawk to you too Ken LaPointe. Like the AB!

Comment

• I flew my Avanti S for the first time after a very long, snowy winter. I wanted to refresh my memory of what this plane was like and how it compares to my recently acquired FlexJet. Just for the heck of it and because I had several of them laying around, I threw in a HobbyEagle A3-L stabilizer just so the comparison with the FlexJet would be more equitable. The Avanti S doesn't need a stab but I must tell you that in heavy cross winds, it made a difference. Also, the stabilizer made my landings near perfect on our bumpy grass field. I won't get into it here (as I will do in the FlexJet thread), but IMO, the Avanti S is just as good (if not better in terms of flight characteristics, looks and fun to fly) as the way more expensive FlexJet. The S may even be slightly faster. In terms of value, it makes the FlexJet very OVER-priced. If I ever got rid of one or the other, the Avanti S would be the one I keep.

Comment

• Welcome guys!!!!!!! Good place here! :Cool:

Comment

• Grats northwing. Welcome aboard :)

Comment

• Are any pilots using Crow/Butterfly on their Avanti S? My new Avanti S arrived last week and I have not set out to build it yet. I was thinking of setting it up with gyro and crow, similar to my T-One Models T1.

Comment

• Originally posted by F16Jeff View Post
                            Are any pilots using Crow/Butterfly on their Avanti S? My new Avanti S arrived last week and I have not set out to build it yet. I was thinking of setting it up with gyro and crow, similar to my T-One Models T1.
                            I use crow in several jets such as A-10, Venom, T45 , F-86 but to be honest i never felt the necessity to use in the Avanti.
                            The landing speed is very low and with very very low tip stall tendency (to justify a up AIL in the wing´s)...the Avanti is a true winner, fast or slow.
                            By the way i also use gyro but lass than 20% gain, only for the windy days.
                            You´ll love this jet!
                            Cheers

Comment

Are any pilots using Crow/Butterfly on their Avanti S? My new Avanti S arrived last week and I have not set out to build it yet. I was thinking of setting it up with gyro and crow, similar to my T-One Models T1.
                              I've flown my mates t1 fortune, (not sure if this the t1 model you are referring to, I'm not familiar with all the t1 models but here's some vid of the one I've flown, I thought they were all big turbines?). The fortune is a great jet but I dont think you can compare it to the avanti. the avanti is crazy light (esp compared to the fortune lol), and comes in pretty slow with flaps already, I don't think crow is necessary but certainly wouldn't hurt. Let us know how it goes if you decide to go that option. Cheers.

Comment

• And just to stay on thread as a comparison lol. Posted this before months ago so hope no one minds me posting it again. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post

I use crow in several jets such as A-10, Venom, T45 , F-86 but to be honest i never felt the necessity to use in the Avanti.
                                  The landing speed is very low and with very very low tip stall tendency (to justify a up AIL in the wing´s)...the Avanti is a true winner, fast or slow.
                                  By the way i also use gyro but lass than 20% gain, only for the windy days.
                                  You´ll love this jet!
                                  Cheers
                                  Thank you for the information. I will probably give it a try to see how it handles. Excited about this jet, Between this jet, FW F4 Phantom, and my T1 Turbine, they should keep me busy until my X-Treme F4e Shows up in a couple months from Pacific RC Jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

I've flown my mates t1 fortune, (not sure if this the t1 model you are referring to, I'm not familiar with all the t1 models but here's some vid of the one I've flown, I thought they were all big turbines?). The fortune is a great jet but I dont think you can compare it to the avanti. the avanti is crazy light (esp compared to the fortune lol), and comes in pretty slow with flaps already, I don't think crow is necessary but certainly wouldn't hurt. Let us know how it goes if you decide to go that option. Cheers.
                                    The T-One Models Fortune is the same model as the T-One Models T1. I realize there is a significant weight difference between foam edfs and turbine aircraft. I was just wondering if crow would have an effect on the Avanti S. I am going to set it up and give it a try. There is a big difference with the T1 and having crow vs no crow. It really settles the plane in for a nice slow landing.

Comment

• Don't have a 3D printer, so just made my gear brace out of some 3/32 ply I had.

Comment

The T-One Models Fortune is the same model as the T-One Models T1. I realize there is a significant weight difference between foam edfs and turbine aircraft. I was just wondering if crow would have an effect on the Avanti S. I am going to set it up and give it a try. There is a big difference with the T1 and having crow vs no crow. It really settles the plane in for a nice slow landing.
                                        Cool. I do like crow on a big heavy bird too. Keen to hear how you go with the avanti. Best of luck with the maiden.

Comment

• Flight report... After about 9 flights the Avanti S is becoming this pilot's favorite. We had our monthly club meeting last Monday and it ended close to dusk. I had three flights on the Avanti and the lights were impressive. I did mix additional down elevator ( 10 percent) with deployment of the flaps to keep the nose level. Slowing her too much as I tried to drag the tail I did stall it twice, but only inches from the ground resulting in zero damage.

I'll add the nose gear mod tonight and tweak a few other things.
                                          The plane is just flat out a winner! :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X