Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I am a devout scale guy, I just love the lines of this jet, and it may be the first ever non scale bird that I purchase. There is just something about the styling of it that draws me in. :rolleyes:SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! :rolleyes:

Comment

Aros,

Trust me, when you own a sports jet, you'll wonder why you waited so long. It's a totally different type of fun. If you finger can make it happen via transmitter, the jet can do it (within reason of course, ha-ha :D). They are SO much fun, and can do things scale jets cannot and will not do.

Comment

Awesome, I can only imagine! Time to stop imagining! :D
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Well, time to get subb'd to this forum.
          I've wanted a decent sport jet with pattern-like performance for a bit now.
          All that's left to do is wait for the "buy-now" button.

Comment

Welcome Topdogzrc!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks Aros!
              I realized it'd be a better idea to get a FW jet (or two) than a large HSD F-16 since they're a ton easier to get and I could run them on 6S setups and not 12S.
              Simplifies things a tad for me of course, and now to wait for the "buy" button to show up...

Comment

Sport jets rock! Love my little Stinger 64 and now finally put my Stinger 90 in the air today. Woohoo is right T-CAT. Can't wait for the Avanti.

Comment

Congrats! I was hoping you'd love the Stinger 90. Keep pushing it a bit at a time and you'll see what it's capable of. It's a phenomenal jet, especially for the price. This jet will be just as awesome I think.

Comment

what is the price point on this jet and when will pre orders be taken............

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the production model's paint scheme, as well as the price point they will bring this in at.

I'd be perfectly happy flying the stock power system with this jet, but I have a Jetfan 80 looking for a home, so in it will go.

Comment

Our target price for this bird is $299-$329, hopefully the lower end of that range. We'll know for certainty in about 3 weeks, and will post it here. We'll also be working on the videos soon. Sebastian himself (SebArt) test flew the Avanti last week in China. It won't be long now, we just need to get past Chinese New Year!

The Avanti is using the MiG-21's power system, so, imagine a MiG-21 in a sport jet body. Quite fun ;)
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Excellent news! Thank you. Well, that does that.....instant sale. It's not even necessary to think about it.

Comment

Being a scale kinda guy myself I have not tried a sport jet but this one from what I see has a place in my Hangar very soon!!

Comment

Yeah something about this particular airframe just works for me. Definitely going to be my first sport jet. Going to be a blast.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                Yeah something about this particular airframe just works for me. Definitely going to be my first sport jet. Going to be a blast.
                                I've got the Stinger 90 and I'm really excited to see how this one performs. It looks awesome. I really like the lines of this and the fact its a 80mm on the Mig21 setup.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07560.JPG Views:	1 Size:	471.7 KB ID:	58805

I spent the evening with the pre-production Avanti S. Time for some pictures to go with the pre-production flight videos posted on Page 1! Keep in mind that this is my hand prepared sample. The canopy and cockpit shown here are NOT what customers will receive. We've prepared a two seat foam cockpit like the turbine Avanti has, and will be including an unmounted clear canopy for users to customize as they wish. Because mine here doesn't have the foam cockpit, I've opted to paint the inside with a dark clear blue. Imagine black, gold, clear, one or two pilot figures, or whatever you want for your own model!

Assembly is very simple, requiring only ten screws and without any glue whatsoever. The magnetic nose pops on, the wings slide on with with two spars, and the tailgroup is fastened with screws. I really like the ribbon harnesses to connect the main wing, because they are impervious to stress fractures that flexing at the wing joint might produce. Another nice change from models like the 80mm Mirage is that this Avanti's main landing gear doesn't need to be lowered in order to slide the wing on. We designed the fuselage to accept the width of the wheel (see the photo) even when retracted.

The trailing link struts are nice, the wheels are the softer ones type, essentially smaller versions of the type the FlightLineRC 1600mm F7F Tigercat uses, and the plastic double nose gear doors are spring operated, also like the F7F. The strut clearance and spring tension is perfect for grass runways.

The lighting is neat. The wingtip lights are constantly on, the red belly light flashes once for a half second every second. and the white dorsal light operates like a strobe, quickly flashing twice then powering off for about 1.5 seconds before quickly flashing twice again.

There are no cheater holes in the aircraft, and the spars are not hanging out in the duct. This is an uninterrupted duct, like the Stinger 90 and Super Scorpion.

The production aircraft, like my pre-production model here and the ones shown in the videos on Page 1, will use the MiG-21's power system. Stay tuned for more videos over the coming several weeks but our team.
                                  Last edited by Alpha; Jan 21, 2017, 03:33 PM. Reason: Wheel size/type clarification

Comment

Looks like quite the romantic evening there Alpha ... just you and one new, sleek looking and sexy jet! I am jealous! :p

The lights look REALLY cool! Can't wait to see this one become available from MRC. Hard to tell from the photos .. .does she come with flaps?

EDIT: OYE! Never mind .. just went back and reread post #1 in this thread and see that it has split flaps.

Comment

Very nice looking sport jet with a nice set of features. Thanks Alpha for the hard work that gives us beautiful planes like this to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        Click image for larger version Name:	DSC07560.JPG Views:	1 Size:	471.7 KB ID:	58805

I spent the evening with the pre-production Avanti S. Time for some pictures to go with the pre-production flight videos posted on Page 1! Keep in mind that this is my hand prepared sample. The canopy and cockpit shown here are NOT what customers will receive. We've prepared a two seat foam cockpit like the turbine Avanti has, and will be including an unmounted clear canopy for users to customize as they wish. Because mine here doesn't have the foam cockpit, I've opted to paint the inside with a dark clear blue. Imagine black, gold, clear, one or two pilot figures, or whatever you want for your own model!

Assembly is very simple, requiring only ten screws and without any glue whatsoever. The magnetic nose pops on, the wings slide on with with two spars, and the tailgroup is fastened with screws. I really like the ribbon harnesses to connect the main wing, because they are impervious to stress fractures that flexing at the wing joint might produce. Another nice change from models like the 80mm Mirage is that this Avanti's main landing gear doesn't need to be lowered in order to slide the wing on. We designed the fuselage to accept the width of the wheel (see the photo) even when retracted.

The trailing link struts are nice, the wheels are the softer ones from the FlightLineRC 1600mm F7F Tigercat, and the plastic double nose gear doors are spring operated, also like the F7F. The strut clearance and spring tension is perfect for grass runways.

The lighting is neat. The wingtip lights are constantly on, the red belly light flashes once for a half second every second. and the white dorsal light operates like a strobe, quickly flashing twice then powering off for about 1.5 seconds before quickly flashing twice again.

There are no cheater holes in the aircraft, and the spars are not hanging out in the duct. This is an uninterrupted duct, like the Stinger 90 and Super Scorpion.

The production aircraft, like my pre-production model here and the ones shown in the videos on Page 1, will use the MiG-21's power system. Stay tuned for more videos over the coming several weeks but our team.
                                        Absolutely phenomenal job, man. I'm really looking forward to owning this jet. I'm going to fly this jet hard as hell and the best part is that it's capable of doing so, LOL. It really has a mixture of it all, and at a price point that will be hard to beat for what you get.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Bajora, here is a picture of the split flaps. This time around we recessed them inboard of the trailing edge. This allows us to keep the trailing edge thicker and less prone to warping, while still achieving the benefits of the split flap versus full flap.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X