X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
    Ryan, when you going to get one of these and do a proper video?
    If I had to guess, I'd say 3-4 weeks. If I had my way, I'd say tomorrow. LOL

Comment

• When do we get a pre-order button?

Comment

• I'm assuming the same time as the A-10, late February or early March, but not sure :).

Comment

• Late February, but more likely early March, is the current projection. We want to be sure the shipment is on the water, as Tom mentioned in the Spitfire thread. These three birds, A-10, Avanti, and Spitfire will be landing very closely to one another. We tried to avoid that by initially planning to release the A-10 in December, but it didn't work out that way so it's going to be a very busy March and April!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Here's a video by Evelyn of my second flight of the prototype Freewing 80mm Avanti S in gusty 15-20+ wind. I really like this jet and as you'll see, it handles the wind with no trouble and is fun to hover high-alpha inverted.

Comment

• Sweet flight! Sport jets rock, even yellow ones ;). I think I could hear the ocean, or a tornado or something. Wind, shmind :shy:- throw me down the keys ALRIGHT :cool:

Comment

• Thanks Westsider! :)

Comment

• That comfortable on the second flight, scary good.

Comment

• Even in that wind, the Avanti is just a comfortable jet to fly. IMHO, much better than the Stinger 90...and that's saying a lot!

Comment

• Wow rock solid in higher winds even. Well done...This will be a fun jet to get my hands on!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Definitely a jet that makes you look like you know what your doing! In my case, I'll take all the help I can get. :)

Comment

• Low Vis....

Comment

• By the way it's looking with release time frame, I would assume the preorder for this and the A-10 will be very close if not identical in timing. That'll be a serious hit to my wallet. Ha-ha. I'm selling lots of planes just to make it hurt less though ;).

One thing I'm really hoping though is that the factory workers do a good job building new jets after a long holiday break. I hope QC doesn't suffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                              By the way it's looking with release time frame, I would assume the preorder for this and the A-10 will be very close if not identical in timing. That'll be a serious hit to my wallet. Ha-ha. I'm selling lots of planes just to make it hurt less though ;).

One thing I'm really hoping though is that the factory workers do a good job building new jets after a long holiday break. I hope QC doesn't suffer.
                              I'm with you on both counts T-Cat. Been cleaning out the hanger the last few days. Gave 3 planes away, puting several helis and quads up for sale to generate cash and make room. Going for the Avanti first and hopefully the A-10 next. The Spitfire looks good too. By the sounds of it, there will be more " got to have its" right around the corner.

Let's hope the production folks are well rested and focused when they get back to it!

Comment

• They will be close together, unfortunately. We made the decision back in September/October to hold back the A-10 in December for various reasons, most importantly to let the F7F shine (which it has, 10x). The main downside is that now both the Avanti and the A-10 ill be arriving in the March/April timeframe, close together. For those of us addicts buying both, it will hurt a little, but I think for most of the market, a single 80mm sport jet is an entirely different category than a huge twin 80mm scale jet, so I tell myself we're still appealing to multiple markets.

Besides, quality only hurts once. ;)

[trying out new smiley]
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Beeg, that's cool! Nearly In Vis I bet. If you can do that black magic, can you conjur up the Arctic cammo scheme on this bird like from here? Might look cool also...
                                  I've seen this ridiculously cool F-16 on the market for the past couple years or so. I didn't have the funds for it and that's what kept me away. However, in

Comment

• Yeah, I can probably pull one of these off. I'll work on it...

Comment

• I have none of those skills...thanks for the consideration

Comment

• How does this one look?
                                        The only reason I learned some Photoshop and some 3D CAD type skills was I used to do textures for airplane simulations(Janes WWII Fighters, IL-2, LOMAC, Strike Fighters, Etc..). Now I just do it for fun and when scaling drawings for projects and making my own decals. Like anything, it's easy once you know a few of the tools in the program. Comparatively I still know nothing. These programs really are incredible in what they can do and I only scratch the surface.

Comment

• Sweet looking renderings! I looks great in the Artic camo.

Comment

Working...
                                          X