Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they dead set on the blue canopy as the primary color on the production jet?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
      This looks like a really nice sport jet. I like the color scheme in the pictures above. I wonder if it's as quick as it looks in the video, it would be nice it is was.

Martin.
      Videos can sometimes construe an aircraft's speed, both faster and slower. The sneak preview video does give a reasonably accurate depiction of the model's overall handling, though. It certainly "feels" fast when you're flying it. Part of the *impression* of speed and power is due to the model's agility. Powering through tight circuits and tall loops while staying at speed demonstrate the thrust to weight ratio that is desirable in a sport jet. In turbine form, the Avanti was designed as a pattern sport jet that could hold near constant speeds throughout a flight regimen at any attitude. The sneak peak video does not demonstrate that very well, instead showing off the model's wider speed range. The wheelie landing says a lot, after a flight like that. The model isn't heavily wing loaded and in fact very gentle in the pattern. Later videos will showcase more slow speed flight and constant speed pattern maneuvers. As a pattern guy, Martin, I imagine you'd have fun with this one.

T-Cat, SebArt has chosen the semi-translucent blue as the canopy. The battery sits where a cockpit tub would be, requiring a redesign of that entire area, costing more time and money. As I mentioned on RCG, unless there's huge consensus against it, the shown canopy is what SebArt will do. Changing the color of the plastic canopy's tint is a possibility. Maybe we'll include two canopy colors in the box? One silver blue, one dark smoke?
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Like Alpha said the actual speed and perception of speed is dramatic no matter what the true MPH is. Wow this Cat moves and holds the line perfectly. Nice thing about these Sport Jets is you can engineer out bad tendencies that many scale planes you just have to live with. Stinger 90 look out your cousin is here!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Videos can sometimes construe an aircraft's speed, both faster and slower. The sneak preview video does give a reasonably accurate depiction of the model's overall handling, though. It certainly "feels" fast when you're flying it. Part of the *impression* of speed and power is due to the model's agility. Powering through tight circuits and tall loops while staying at speed demonstrate the thrust to weight ratio that is desirable in a sport jet. In turbine form, the Avanti was designed as a pattern sport jet that could hold near constant speeds throughout a flight regimen at any attitude. The sneak peak video does not demonstrate that very well, instead showing off the model's wider speed range. The wheelie landing says a lot, after a flight like that. The model isn't heavily wing loaded and in fact very gentle in the pattern. Later videos will showcase more slow speed flight and constant speed pattern maneuvers. As a pattern guy, Martin, I imagine you'd have fun with this one.

T-Cat, SebArt has chosen the semi-translucent blue as the canopy. The battery sits where a cockpit tub would be, requiring a redesign of that entire area, costing more time and money. As I mentioned on RCG, unless there's huge consensus against it, the shown canopy is what SebArt will do. Changing the color of the plastic canopy's tint is a possibility. Maybe we'll include two canopy colors in the box? One silver blue, one dark smoke?
          Thanks Alpha. I'm really glad that a pilot figure(s) were not added to this jet, as it just usually looks very odd. The blue canopy to me has always looks strange though, and a smoked canopy with the great color scheme chosen for this aircraft would look really nice.

Comment

You can purchase Smoke Spray Paint in a can but not too sure how it would look over the Blue. https://www.amainhobbies.com/tamiya-...FcO1wAodGjADPw I have painted clear canopies with it on my Gas Birds and it looked great using multiple light coats.

Comment

We could paint the outside like that, but painting it from the inside maintains better durability over time, and still allows a glossy look even if a matte paint is used since the canopy is glossy on the outside. Even if it came with a clear canopy I would be cool with that, as I would paint the inside a different color.

Comment

I watched the YouTube video of on full screen, you can get a good impression of the speed and performance from it. From what you can see, its a very smooth flying model and I think it would be a lot of fun flying aerobatics with it.

I do like the blue canopy as well.

Martin.

Comment

Hi guys,

Well I am a scale guy but what a mistake that is or was. I waited 2 years to get the Stinger 90 because it's not a replica of any known jet. Wow I was truly wrong because the Singer 90 blows away any 90mm EDFs I own by far. So knowing this I will never make that mistake again. This 80mm Avanti is on my radar and I will get one once available. So guys if you are on the side lines about sport jets, do not be!

Comment

Last night Freewing and I revisited the canopy and we've begun to adjust the mold. We'll now be offering a clear canopy and empty cockpit, with the canopy unattached out of the box. Customers can leave it clear or tint it any color they want, and add pilots or not, before they glue the canopy on.

Comment

That's a great Idea let the customer make his own decision on what they want on their own. All though that blue did make it pop I liked it but I am a one of I think.

Comment

Perfect! That's great news.

Comment

Pretty amazing that this change could happen that quickly. Freedom of choice! Opens it up to all kinds of creativity. Thanks :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
                            Hi guys,

Well I am a scale guy but what a mistake that is or was. I waited 2 years to get the Stinger 90 because it's not a replica of any known jet. Wow I was truly wrong because the Singer 90 blows away any 90mm EDFs I own by far. So knowing this I will never make that mistake again. This 80mm Avanti is on my radar and I will get one once available. So guys if you are on the side lines about sport jets, do not be!
                            Well put. I'll take out the Stinger 90 in winds I wouldn't take out my scaled out Military 90's. Sport jets are a blast. Honestly the looks never knock me out, but the character is spot on. I'll be all over this Avanti as well. Stoked!

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                              Pretty amazing that this change could happen that quickly.
                              We try to be as responsive as possible. We can't please everyone all the time, but sometimes the stars align where there's enough time to get one more tweak in before production. Having the CAD and not ever sleeping helps ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                EDF Jet Jam, here one comes! ;)
                                I'm all ears Alpha!

Comment

Hey Bob, maybe a good word to Alpha and i can get both the A10 AND the Avanti to fly in June!!!!!!!!!!!!! The A10 is a given and it even comes with the Blacksnakes scheme so more time to fly instead of working on another replacement. IS it April yet???

Comment

The Freewing 80mm A-10 will be all over the world way before June, as will the Avanti. I have no doubt someone will have one if not both of them there. We'll make an extra effort to get one of us there this year, too.

Comment

You guys coming back to Oshkosh too?
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

At this point I'm not 100% sure but I do believe so, yes.

Comment

Not much into sport jets but this is a really nice looking jet and I like that livery as well. This will likely be my first dipping of the toes into the sport jet territory.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X