X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bam!

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Got mine!!!! Can't wait for the April arrival! #:):Cool:

Comment

• Order In! Anyone want to go rent a tug boat and push that container ship across the Pacific? :)

Comment

• Pay day is here. Now the long, slow wait for d day.:)

Comment

• Yep, pre-order is done. Thanks Motion!

Comment

• Oh boy Oh boy!!!

Comment

• hummm, now I have to decide on a custom paint scheme...:Confused:

Comment

• When ya'll get a chance could you post the manual?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                    The Freewing Stinger 90 four years ago helped establish the PNP foam electric 90mm sport jet class into prominence, and the Freewing 80mm Avanti aims to do just that again, fresh for 2017.
                    How does it compare to the Stinger 90? I've seen an older one of those (heavily upgraded) fly at our field. This just slightly smaller/less expensive but similar flight envelope? I have a bunch of 5-5.5Ah 6S batts already so thats not a problem, but is it an outdated design compared to the new Avanti? I haven't seen many 'sport jets' to get a good frame of reference but the Avanti videos look like it has a super wide flight envelope.

How does to compare to the 70mm Yak-130? Have a coworker w/ one of those that he needs to maiden. How about the upcoming 90mm Yak-130? Again just trying to get a relative frame of reference.

Comment

• Pe-order is in on the Avanti S and now the wait / anticipation begins!

Comment

• Originally posted by smdub View Post
                        How does it compare to the Stinger 90? I've seen an older one of those (heavily upgraded) fly at our field. This just slightly smaller/less expensive but similar flight envelope? I have a bunch of 5-5.5Ah 6S batts already so thats not a problem, but is it an outdated design compared to the new Avanti? I haven't seen many 'sport jets' to get a good frame of reference but the Avanti videos look like it has a super wide flight envelope.

How does to compare to the 70mm Yak-130? Have a coworker w/ one of those that he needs to maiden. How about the upcoming 90mm Yak-130? Again just trying to get a relative frame of reference.

Hi Smdub, it's a popular question that I'm sure many people are wondering! I've commented on the comparisons between these two excellent aircraft before. The Avanti was envisioned as a sort of "Stinger 90 V2". The Avanti is just about the same length, but is lighter, with more wingspan, giving the Avanti an advantage in wing loading. It also has a much larger battery bay than the Stinger 90, so it's easier to place and access batteries in the 4000-6000 range. The Stinger 90 remains an excellent aircraft, but the Avanti can fly anything the Stinger 90 can fly, but do it cheaper and lighter than the Stinger 90. The Stinger 90's thicker tailpipe keeps it a good candidate for those wanting to ream out the outlet for custom power systems that require a wider outlet diameter, but in all other things... the Avanti excels.

Frames of reference are difficult to objectively convey. I'll say that the Avanti can do maneuvers that NONE of our scale aircraft can do, including those on your list. If you're looking for sheer performance and the widest flight envelope out there, the Avanti is hard to beat. This may sound biased, but frankly, making new products better than older ones IS part of my job, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that the Avanti brings a lot to the table at a lower price than its four year old cousin. The 90mm Yak-130 is optimized as a scale performing jet, and performs scale maneuvers. It won't be nearly as agile as what is seen in the Avanti videos. The lighter 70mm Yak-130 is agile and I fly mine very recklessly without issue, but it will not hold a knife edge or penetrate in windy conditions nearly as stably as the Avanti.

Well designed sport jets tend to fly more sportily than their scale jet counterparts, simply because sport jets are optimized for RC flying, and aren't constrained by having to "look like the real thing". The F-14, Yak-130, F-15, F-4 etc in full size are very draggy aircraft, and use sheer power to achieve their performance. With a sport jet, everything about its design is tuned for efficient flying, so we're not faced with squared off intakes or bifurcated ducting or narrow gear stances or small tire proportions.

Ultimately, without having one in your hands, the best I can say is watch the videos we've posted, and scrutinize them compared to aircraft you've flown. Have we seen many scale EDFs able to nearly hover to a standstill, then instantly accelerate almost straight up? ....No.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• The order is in. I can't wait to add this aircraft to my squadron. I've seen it fly so many times now I almost fee like I own one already. Oh, except for not being able to take it home. LOL

Comment

• I am going to pre-order this one now. I will just have to wait on the A-1 or perhaps get them both if I had the room to store :).

Comment

• Just preordered mine ! What is the diameter of the main gear axle ? I want to order JP brakes .. we have a short runway ...

thanks Felix

Comment

• Alpha, can you tell us about the control board and it's connection possibilities? I plan on adding a nose gear light. I am curious if there is a free light port on the control board for a sequenced light that illuminates when the gear is deployed. If there is no sequencing, but still a free light port then that's still good as a light that's constantly illuminated doesn't draw much being an LED. If there is no free port, we can always tap off the wing tip or underbelly lights to draw power to the nose gear light. The 90mm F-16 LED light looks to be a good choice as it's streamlined and should fit fine, and look good at the same time.

Comment

• ordered 2 just knowing i will have some flying buddies wanting one...............cant wait to detail the cockpit inside........wonder if it will come with a new better looking jet pilot. others have looked a bit simple and fake...........and import grin in their face too.....

Comment

• felix could it get any slower... really brakes on this. keep it light and it will roll out in no more than any other plane you will find flying there.

Comment

• I don't believe it's coming with any pilots. That's a good thing, ha-ha. Sometimes these jets have a way of making pilot figures even more funny looking than they already are. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
                                        felix could it get any slower... really brakes on this. keep it light and it will roll out in no more than any other plane you will find flying there.
                                        . Gee , thanks for that informational response :/ .....

Hopefully the moderator will be more helpful .....

Comment

• Quick question: any other colours planned besides the yellow? Cheers. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X