X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Man T-CAT if I wasn't sold on the Avanti before, I sure the heck am now! :Cool:
    If I could have found any negatives about the jet with the time I spent around it today, I would have posted them, but I can't find anything. LOL

Comment

• I know of one...

They aren't in our hangars tonight!! ;) LOL
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hahahaha, now THAT I agree with.

Comment

• Thanks for the review T-CAT. It may not be in our hangers yet, but at least you got to see it up close, touch it and fly it. I have a feeling that once these get into our hangers, they will see a lot of air time.

Comment

• T cat thanks for an awesome review can`t wait till i get my pre order Avanti s .

Comment

• You're very welcome guys. Hopefully it provides a bit more insight on the jet, not that it needs it :D. This jet will sell itself just fine, just as the A-10 will.

Comment

• T-CAT, glad you got to check it out in person:Cool:. Expected nothing less than an honest and thorough review from you. Thanks for the info Maestro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                  T-CAT, glad you got to check it out in person:Cool:. Expected nothing less than an honest and thorough review from you. Thanks for the info Maestro.
                  Thanks Westsider :Cool:. It really is a plane that will come to the field with me very very often. It's one of those easy to become "Go-To" jets. This brings "value" into a whole new light, and that's always good. :)

Comment

• I am also a current Stinger 90 owner. I've flown it a lot over the past couple of years and I find it to be an excellent jet. I would consider getting this Avanti to replace the S90 because I have no room to have both. Will this be a trade up or a trade across?

Comment

• It has very similar mannerisms and flight characteristics as the Stinger 90. However, just after one flight, it just simply seems to do it all a little better from what I could tell, and do them at a lower price point with a smaller and lighter airframe and power system. To add to that, you get aspects the S90 doesn't have such as a lighting package, larger battery bay, trailing link struts, quick connect wings, magnetic nose cone (although the S90's screw on nose is still fantastic), under belly guard, and better unpaved surface durability.

Comment

• Thanks for filling us all in tcat. Good to hear. :)

Comment

• I think you'll love this jet Shirty. It's hard not to, and who doesn't love a new jet?! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                            It has very similar mannerisms and flight characteristics as the Stinger 90. However, just after one flight, it just simply seems to do it all a little better from what I could tell, and do them at a lower price point with a smaller and lighter airframe and power system. To add to that, you get aspects the S90 doesn't have such as a lighting package, larger battery bay, trailing link struts, quick connect wings, magnetic nose cone (although the S90's screw on nose is still fantastic), under belly guard, and better unpaved surface durability.
                            Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                            I think you'll love this jet Shirty. It's hard not to, and who doesn't love a new jet?! LOL
                            These points are very compelling, especially your second statement. The biggest challenge for me is to talk someone into taking my S90 while the Avanti exists, without giving the S90 away for free.

Comment

• Ha-ha, that's very true. A used S90 is already difficult to sell for a decent price. I've owned several, sold them off, and repurchased new because I missed the airframe and flying it. Each time I've sold I really got hammered on the price. The last one I sold probably only sold somewhat easily because I have it a custom paint job that was black with green metallic highlights in a carbon fiber pattern on the wings, tail, and parts of the fuselage, while the underbelly was white with red pinstriping. It was a true looker for a Stinger.

Comment

• I had the same difficulty trying to get rid of my 64mm version. There was zero interest at all until I completely redid the paint work in a semi-scale tiger meet camo job. Sold in about 10 minutes after that.

Comment

• Looks awesome Delta!

Here is the Stinger I sold:
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0560.JPG Views:	1 Size:	253.7 KB ID:	65363

Comment

• That looks amazing T-Cat! Doesn't even look like foam, and no visible popcorn from the black paint! That pattern must have been quite the masking job though.

Comment

• Thanks! It was a complete pain, ha-ha. I actually epoxy coated the whole airframe and sanded it all down to get it as even as I could before painting. That was the nightmare. At least the painting went somewhat smooth, and it was good to see the black paint in the sun didn't make the foam popcorn thankfully due to the layer of epoxy.

At the price is this Avanti, a part of me wants to purchase two, one to keep in the stock color scheme (which I really like a lot), and one to custom paint just for fun.

Comment

• You know it is just asking for some Aggressor Snow camo, T-Cat! After seeing how Seaviper's Super Scorpion came out, this would look pretty cool in that camo as well! Not planning on getting one of these to save up my hangar space, but very interested to see the custom paint schemes/mods people do when these start arriving.

Comment

• Snow camo would look amazing! I'll have to check out his paint job.

Comment

Working...
                                          X