X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    A military scheme would be neat on it, if one can find a way to make the canopy's proportions somewhat convincing in the "real" world. At present, like most fantasy Sport Jets in RC (like your Super Scorpion), the canopy is more of an aesthetic element than a practically functional one.
    How's this one? :shy:

Comment

Yeah that's why I need a good airbrush. I was thinking of a tiger meet type scheme.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Or this one?

Comment

Both of those look neat, Beeg!

Here's a family photo I snapped today of the upcoming Spring 2017 lineup from Freewing and FlightLineRC, including the Avanti in her stock colors.

Seaviper, get yourself an airbrush, my friend, your livery options become limitless!
          Attached Files
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Smile for the camera family.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Both of those look neat, Beeg!

Here's a family photo I snapped today of the upcoming Spring 2017 lineup from Freewing and FlightLineRC, including the Avanti in her stock colors.

Seaviper, get yourself an airbrush, my friend, your livery options become limitless!
              That Spitfire is big! Wish we had a new Moquito. I love my PZ Mosquito mainly because it's proportioned better than the Dynam and Freewing ones. I'd like to put a new 1600mm superscale Mosquito on request..

Comment

Ok Alpha, I'll tell my wife that you said I should go ahead and order one...lol...actually she's very understanding about my addiction to planes. And I will take your advice in the other thread on airbrushing.

Beeg that Tuy Hoa bird sure is "perty" (maybe with some ord too) but she would go full invisible mode at my field...I need bright colors being surrounded by pines and such.

Ryan, I'm already jealous of you guys. Then you have to go and post a photo like that...gotta clear more room in the shop..or build a bigger one. Keep up the awesome videos!
                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Your wife will thank me :) ... maybe.

...eventually.

I don't know why that previous family photo was crunched up, so here's a reload, plus another with the F-14 for a size comparison.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                    Ok Alpha, I'll tell my wife that you said I should go ahead and order one...lol...actually she's very understanding about my addiction to planes. And I will take your advice in the other thread on airbrushing.

Beeg that Tuy Hoa bird sure is "perty" (maybe with some ord too) but she would go full invisible mode at my field...I need bright colors being surrounded by pines and such.

Ryan, I'm already jealous of you guys. Then you have to go and post a photo like that...gotta clear more room in the shop..or build a bigger one. Keep up the awesome videos!

lol... not my photo, we don't have ours yet. I'm salivating just like you all.

Comment

I'm waiting eagerly for this bird
                      My Habu is now officially retired since the foam in the tail is now soft enough to be unsafe. The vertical fin tilts back and forth 10 degrees!
                      Also the servos and motor have pretty much served a full life span so this will be a nice upgrade once it comes in.
                      Alpha when will flight videos be posted?

Comment

There's a sneak peek video on page one..

Comment

Hi Topdogzrc, we have a flight preview video of the plane flying in the first and second pages. The only difference is that the plane in those videos isn't painted. But it is the production molded foam, with the production power system, so it gives an accurate look at how the final production aircraft will perform..

We're hoping to have a final painted production model to Ryan and Mike to create our official video in about a month. Stay tuned for that! We'll post it here and also on our channel. I know they're eager to dive into this jet, my newest favorite.

Comment

Whoops, I meant videos/pictures taken by you and your flight team since you guys do an awesome job (and a decent camera).
                            Odds are I'll pick up one in June/ July since I'll need to see what happens this summer.

Comment

Flew the Avanti S this afternoon and.....WOW! As some may know, I'm not much of a sport jet fan, but I have to admit, this Avanti is incredible! This jet will be replacing my Stinger 90...which I'd never thought I'd do....but it's just that good! :)

Comment

I am not much of a sport jet guy either but I could easily make a concession for this beautiful looking bird. Very nice. I like the lines better than on the Stinger.

Comment

Man, that looks big! I'm looking forward to this.

Comment

Ryan, when you going to get one of these and do a proper video?

I'm thinking it needs a little red...
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm all in for this bird. You guys have to forward the final dimensions to Callie when this one hits the market. That Penguins/ Bruins yellow has to go in favor of an Orange and Black Flyers attack scheme. Picture it; it's beautiful. Go Flyers!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07812.JPG
Views:	1168
Size:	532.6 KB
ID:	60060

About 16 months ago we began to look for another sport jet to add to the lineup. The Stinger 90 has served many of us well for about 4 years now, and we wanted to bring an aircraft the same size to the market that was lighter, cheaper, faster, with modern features such a trailing link struts, lights, quick release wing harnesses, magnetic nose cone, larger battery bay, and most importantly, a significantly lower price. This 80mm Avanti really checks all those boxes. I'm not much of a sport jet fan either, aside from larger high performance aircraft that cost 10-20 times what this little ripper costs, but I must admit I really like this Avanti.

Name:	DSC07795.JPG
Views:	1253
Size:	700.6 KB
ID:	60062

Today Xplaneguy and I flew the Avanti head to head with the MiG-21 today. Those of you with MiG-21s know they're no slouch in the performance department so we here interested to see how the Avanti stacked up! With the Avanti using the exact same power system, it was very enlightening to see how a sport jet with enclosed ducting performs in 15-20mph winds versus a scale jet with the MiG-21's louvered ducting. We flew side by side in a variety of maneuvers for most of the flight, and came down close to each other in time, yet the MiG-21's battery was ~30% depleted on a 5000mAh, while the Admiral was 42% depleted on a 4000mAh. Correct me if I'm wrong on your battery figure, Xplaneguy? But that just goes to show how efficient the Avanti can be flown. Clean sport jets in "fantasy scale" that aren't constrained by having to look "like the real thing" have their advantages.

Here is a closer look at the wing connector. Unscrew two screws, slide the wing out, disconnect the wing harness, and out comes the wing. I've issued the order to leave a small portion of the clear plastic unpainted, which makes it very easy to visually confirm the connector is solid before flying.

Name:	DSC07839.JPG
Views:	1221
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	60059

A friend had his HSD 105mm Super Viper (Avanti clone) at the field yesterday, and we laughed that this 80mm Avanti's wheels are taller and thicker than his larger aircraft. Grass? No problem. I had concerns about the stance being tippy, but in fact we haven't detected any tendency to dip a wing. My steering throw is at 90%, 20% expo.

Name:	DSC07817.JPG
Views:	1229
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	60061

Putting a 90mm in this bird won't work, because there isn't enough wall thickness at the outlet. But, the stock setup can literally go to 500 feet, nonstop, so.... 90mm is not required.

Name:	DSC07800.JPG
Views:	1182
Size:	653.5 KB
ID:	60063

Reminder, all these pictures show the non-production canopy. The production canopy is clear, and the foam underneath is a two seat cockpit. Owners will have the option of detailing their cockpit bays and/or tinting/painting the canopy before gluing it onto the foam. 1/12 scale pilots, like the 1/12 jet pilot bust from Jethangar.com, are the best fit to my eye, proportion-wise. 1/10 is too big.

Name:	DSC07921.JPG
Views:	1194
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	60064

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                          Ryan, when you going to get one of these and do a proper video?
                                          I'm working on sending Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike a production Avanti in about two weeks, then they can work their magic.

Comment

Working...
                                          X