X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    The only thing I've run across prior to a maiden, is one of the main gears wouldn't retract all the way, the tire would hit on the front edge of the wheel well and remain out in the wind. Had to finally trim away some of the wheel well to get it to retract fully:Angry:
    Wasn't impressed with that and I wasn't about to rip into all the decals around the gear to see if it needed adjusting. It's in there solid. It looked more like the spring tension was too much and there isn't a way to adjust that.
    Meanwhile, I have three coats of Varathane in her and she's ready to rip. Anyone have flight times on a 4000s battery? I'm going with three on the first couple of flights to zero in on it, meanwhile, I ordered a telemetry module from HH (I'm sorry:(:()
    So I can monitor the flight battery in real time.
    So here she is.......
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9788.JPG
Views:	1126
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	77811Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9790.JPG
Views:	1134
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	77812Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9794.JPG
Views:	1088
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	77813Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9795.JPG
Views:	1080
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	77814Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9796.JPG
Views:	1095
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	77815Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9797.JPG
Views:	1029
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	77816

Grossman56 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9798.JPG
Views:	1127
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	77817
    Don't have the gear troubles you do, but I do have the blisters on the tail section same as you...

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
      Hey Aros..Where's that Black canopy?? Your letting the Black canopy brigade down..;):)
      Ask and Ye shall receive! LOL
      Click image for larger version  Name:	black.jpg Views:	1 Size:	201.1 KB ID:	77892

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey fellow Spektrum Avanti S pilots who have been happy flying her already...Interested in your flap setting percentages...Mind throwing them my way as a comparison? Both mid and full and elevator mix would be greatly appreciated!

Also, were is the CG ending up for most?
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• :PLOL..I have logged 25 flts on mine & 110mm CG worked perfectly for me ..I am running it on 4000mah Turnigy HD 60c batteries.. I have old DX8 .. 50% Flaps 8% down Elevator & 100%Flaps 10% down Elevator.. Too many blank white spaces on the Avanti so I continued the Yellow scheme..My all time favourite Jet now..:Cool:

Comment

• Awesome! Looks great and thanks for the info!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

Ply plate is for support for larger batteries if so needed placed as per pic.. There is a space moulded in the foam for it... The mesh is anti slip matting cut to be placed in battery tray if you require it..
              Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Hi Rick, welcome to the Squawk!

The plywood plate is a mounting plate for a gyro if you want one. At least I believe that is what it's for. The mesh material is to be glued down in the area your battery will sit. This is just extra insurance to help keep the battery from moving around. If the wing fence is badly warped and you wish to use them and you bought the Avanti from us (I assume) feel free to contact our Customer Support team, they will be glad to help you out!

As for me, I was outside working in the yard when I noticed the UPS truck pull up. I didn't think anything of it because my Avanti wasn't due until this Tuesday. Well what was waiting for me at my doorstep moments later? Well slap me sideways and call me slappy! :) :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	1121
Size:	888.9 KB
ID:	77882
                thanks for the reply. Yes I bought it from motion rc. I sent a message to them about the fences. I'll try to get some pictures of mine with it big brother tomorrow.

Comment

Hey fellow Spektrum Avanti S pilots who have been happy flying her already...Interested in your flap setting percentages...Mind throwing them my way as a comparison? Both mid and full and elevator mix would be greatly appreciated!

I have DX7 Gen2

Flaps
                  Pos 0: Flap 100% Elevator 0%
                  Pos 1: Flap 43% Elevator 4%
                  Pos 2: Flap -60% Elevator 10%

Comment

• Love my Avanti,
                    As it flies through the blue sky,
                    Nice job MRC!

Comment

• Originally posted by rpellicciotti View Post

thanks for the reply. Yes I bought it from motion rc. I sent a message to them about the fences. I'll try to get some pictures of mine with it big brother tomorrow.
                      Mine seem to be just fine. If you want them you can have them. I'll mail them to you, just PM me your address. No strings. ;)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Lipripper View Post

I have DX7 Gen2

Flaps
                        Pos 0: Flap 100% Elevator 0%
                        Pos 1: Flap 43% Elevator 4%
                        Pos 2: Flap -60% Elevator 10%
                        Perfecto! Thank you!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcflyguy View Post
                          Put 8 flights on mine today. Flies great.

Has anyone had an issue with the flaps not going back up after landing? Happen to me twice.

Scott
                          I put 5 flights on today. After the third flight the starboard flap went up and the port flap stayed down. Cycled flaps again and they both went up on second try. This smells like a main board problem.

Comment

• Other than the minor flap issue this jet is second to none is the foam category. I can't believe how well this jet taxies on are lumpy grass runway. And the full flap landings are something to see. My fifth flight i found myself just flying around waiting for my timer to beep so i could land again. And it was a beauty!

Comment

• Evelyn and I returned to Apollo Field in Van Nuys, CA after several months away and we were thrilled to see happy Freewing Avanti owners enjoying their jets. Here's several family photos with the prototype Avanti front and center. Great day to be flying and enjoying time with friends.

Comment

• Cars pack and ready to go and maiden the super looking Avanti :Cool:

I did have a little hang up on the main gear on the bench test but compressed the foam where it was catching. Now it folds in a treat. I figure with a little use the strut springs will stretch a bit and the fit will get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by toyhog View Post

I put 5 flights on today. After the third flight the starboard flap went up and the port flap stayed down. Cycled flaps again and they both went up on second try. This smells like a main board problem.
                                  FEATURES:Officially licensed by SebArt International, the Avanti's original designerPowerful 12-blade EDF with all-new 3530-1800KV out-runner motor and 100A ...

At the end of the video you will see the misbehaving flap.

Comment

Hey fellow Spektrum Avanti S pilots who have been happy flying her already...Interested in your flap setting percentages...Mind throwing them my way as a comparison? Both mid and full and elevator mix would be greatly appreciated!

Pos 0 -100%
                                    Pos 1 -31% Elev 2%
                                    Pos 2 40% Elev 4%

I started off at the forward recommended CG but have already moved to the rearmost recommended setting.
                                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                      Evelyn and I returned to Apollo Field in Van Nuys, CA after several months away and we were thrilled to see happy Freewing Avanti owners enjoying their jets. Here's several family photos with the prototype Avanti front and center. Great day to be flying and enjoying time with friends.
                                      Now , how can that nice formation be flown???????

Comment

• So how do you get the smoke grey look ?

Comment

• Maidened today!
                                          She flies just amazingly !!
                                          Landings, well... She did that jump and bounce thing like Lon had at Nefi with the F-86. I should have went around again and came in lower and let her bleed off speed to touch down, correct ??
                                          A bit of superficial damage to the front gear. The base worked its way loose so Foam-Tac'd it back in place and a bit of damage to one elevator tip, now repaired.
                                          So, just letting the glue dry up and then will make sure the front gear is retracting properly.
                                          The the flight was great, two clicks of elevator trim and she was there. Three minute flight and had 54% battery life left in a brand new 4000 (not the Pro), so could have probably put another half minute on her.
                                          So, once I nail the landings, this is going to be a great plane, or o put it another way, it IS great plane, I just have to learn to land a jet.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X