Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I think I'm going to go for this one as well...

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Just ordered my first jet!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Just ordered my first jet!!

Grossman56
        Welcome to the world of 6S :)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey CB, you forget the Pitts, she's 6s as well so I have at least one battery that will work in her, I wonder about the 3300's that I have as well..
          I ordered a second 4000 otherwise where's the fun!!
          BTW, you get hit with the blizzard!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Hey CB, you forget the Pitts, she's 6s as well so I have at least one battery that will work in her, I wonder about the 3300's that I have as well..
            I ordered a second 4000 otherwise where's the fun!!
            BTW, you get hit with the blizzard!!

Grossman56
            Got a question about the Pitts but I'll ask you about it over on the NEFI thread.
            Yep......the weathercaster blew it again. Forecast was 12-15" and by end of today I had 30 inches in front yard. :Scared:
            Took me 3hrs to clear the 35'x50' drive with the Kubota bucket loader and another hour to hand shovel the 75' walk and use the roof rake on the gutters. This ol' boy is beat ! ! ! :Whew:
            The Noreaster moved a little slower than expected so we'll be getting another 4-6" overnite thru tomorrow at dinner time. :wacky
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Congrats on the preorder Grossman! The Avanti S is an amazing flying jet that will put pilots at ease and in the zone, immediately! It's the ultimate package that delivers on just about every flying surface and flight envelope condition you throw at it. A MAJOR WINNER!!!

Comment

• I'm pretty jacked about it. Thought about it most of the day after e mailing Alpha for his opinion. I was torn between the A-10 and the Avanti, but leaning towards the Avanti as a first jet. He confirmed my choice as being the the best way to go and now that I have I'm really looking forward to it. So now, I have a Bearcat with a 650kv and Corsair prop, an F7F on the way and an Avanti! Shaping up to be a great year!!
                With the F7F and the Avanti, I'm looking forward particularly to having no prop torque to have to deal with as well, there's a first!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• 10-4 alllllllllll over that. It's the best all around jet Freewing has ever made in my opinion, and at a price point that's so delicious it almost makes a person puke :Vomit: out of enormous joy, LOL. LOL:):Cool:

Comment

I'm pretty jacked about it. Thought about it most of the day after e mailing Alpha for his opinion. I was torn between the A-10 and the Avanti, but leaning towards the Avanti as a first jet. He confirmed my choice as being the the best way to go and now that I have I'm really looking forward to it. So now, I have a Bearcat with a 650kv and Corsair prop, an F7F on the way and an Avanti! Shaping up to be a great year!!
                    With the F7F and the Avanti, I'm looking forward particularly to having no prop torque to have to deal with as well, there's a first!!

Grossman56
                    100% agree on best choice! And the Avanti can handle extreme wind. Please excuse the noise in the video. ;)

Comment

• Grats grossman, they really are a lot of fun. Smart choice in starting with the avanti, these sportjets are extremely easy to fly and land. Pretty sure you'll love it. ;)

Comment

• I wound up selling all 7 of my helis so I wouldn't have to choose between the Avanti and the A-10. I have a feeling that the Avanti is going to be going out to the field alot this year. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                          I wound up selling all 7 of my helis so I wouldn't have to choose between the Avanti and the A-10. I have a feeling that the Avanti is going to be going out to the field alot this year. :Cool:
                          Avanti...........Not when I'm around ya with the Warthog.........always gotta have a wingman ;)
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Avanti...........Not when I'm around ya with the Warthog.........always gotta have a wingman ;)
                            You've got that right.:a10

Comment

• Can you believe this!?

Tell me there's not something fishy going on here. Makes you wonder who's passing on info on up and coming Freewing airplanes??

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Can you believe this!?

Tell me there's not something fishy going on here. Makes you wonder who's passing on info on up and coming Freewing airplanes??

Grossman56
                                This was talked about a little while back. It's a "baby" version, much smaller and 70mm. It's more in league with the 70mm Yak 130 and I suspect it'll fly similar to the Yak. I see the Futura as more of a direct competitor to the big Avanti and even it, is a smaller imitation. Still an interesting theory as to who copied who.

Comment

• Please tell me I made the right choice for my first EDF! Just made the preorder.

I was torn between this and the FMS Futura, went with the Freewing Avanti S due to the bigger wing, color pattern, and lights.

I have several prop birds, but in the next five years I want to move up to a turbine, figured this was a good start.

​​​​​​​Jeremy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeremy_n_Germany View Post
                                    Please tell me I made the right choice for my first EDF! Just made the preorder.

I was torn between this and the FMS Futura, went with the Freewing Avanti S due to the bigger wing, color pattern, and lights.

I have several prop birds, but in the next five years I want to move up to a turbine, figured this was a good start.

​​​​​​​Jeremy
                                    Yes, you're on the right track imho. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeremy_n_Germany View Post
                                      Please tell me I made the right choice for my first EDF! Just made the preorder.

​​​​​​​Jeremy
                                      I don't think you can go wrong with this bird....Mine will come directly from china, i have a good relationship with one of the online hobby shops there and the shipping is cheaper for me living in NZ.

Comment

• Hey J n G, I'm in the same boat, but I'm confident I made the right choice!
                                        Let's track our first jet experiences for the rest of the crowd, when we get them, there may be others out there who are hesitant to buy it as their first jet and would benefit from our adventures.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks everyone! Grossman, let's do it!

Comment

Working...
                                          X