X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
    Snow camo would look amazing! I'll have to check out his paint job.
    Here is the link to the project thread: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/el...orpion-repaint

Comment

• Here's a couple renderings of what it might look like with snow camo.

Comment

• Wow T-CAT that is one sweet livery!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Here's a re-post of the canopy and cockpit CAD renders...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti cockpit final side.JPG
Views:	732
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	65381

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti cockpit final starboard.JPG
Views:	782
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	65382
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Alpha,
            I was 1 of the people on the canopy discussion, but I like your new blue canopy. Maybe Motion might think about selling a blue and silver one in the optional parts .People wouldn't have to paint one up. Just stick it on or change the look from time to time .

Tony

Comment

• Hi T-Spin, welcome to [posting on] Hobby Squawk! In mass production, quantity is king, so I'll be honest producing smaller quantities of various color options is something we want to do but are still running the numbers on to see if its financially feasible to do so. I can't run the risk of having loads of clear blue or gold or black canopies of various tint depth sitting in the warehouse. It seemed the vocal majority wanted a neutral canopy they could tint/color/paint themselves.

At this point I would encourage you to consider either of two options: 1) Give us time to determine which separate canopy color options the factory offers, if any, and hopefully clear blue is among them, and/or 2) consider doing what I did to the prototype canopy --buy a can of Tamiya Clear Blue TS-72 for $6 and dust the inside of the canopy with 3-5 light coats. That will achieve the effect you see on my canopy. And to be honest the $6 in paint is probably the same as what a spare custom color canopy would cost, anyway. Below is the paint I used:

I hope this information helps! Thank you for your support!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Wow T-CAT that is one sweet livery!
                Thanks!

Comment

• I like the design of the Avanti S and pre-ordered one but from a detail stand point I wish they would have put aluminum wheels on it or at least chromed or painted them. Just saying, no big deal! Would really look awesome though. Would have really set it apart from the rest for sure.

Comment

• Had to wait until today, but I'm in.:Party:

Comment

• Grossman, you doing the manual for this one?

Comment

• Just wanted to share how much the yellow scheme has been a BIG hit with pilots and spectators, both in Southern California and Arizona. A long time Apollo Field pilot stated after one of my demo flights, "By far the coolest jet at the field!" That's saying a lot when surrounded by seven turbine jets ranging in price from $6-20K. The incredible flight envelope of this Avanti continually blows people away. As I've stated before, I'm not a sport jet fan but this is one EDF jet everyone has to own, and at a preorder price of $299...you'll likely want TWO and paint them how you'd like.

Comment

• I've already emailed alpha and Todd to ensure I get one here in oz mate lol... ;)

Comment

• I am so excited for this sport jet...I've never been a sport jet guy but this one just hits all the right notes for me.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• If only it had Olive Drab paint, armament, stars and bars then I would be all over it ;)
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I am so excited for this sport jet...I've never been a sport jet guy but this one just hits all the right notes for me.
                                Me too! Really looking forward to this one. Still haven't fully decided what I'm going to do with the canopy yet......Still leaning toward either dark clear blue or dark smoke.

Todd, do you know if any of the production units will be in the hands of MRC folks for pic/video purposes? And is the first production run complete and on an in transite container ship?

Grossman, are you doing the manual on this one and when might it be available on-line for review? Just curious.

Comment

• Yes Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike will have the Avanti for photos and video, not sure of the ETA on that...
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Yes Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike will have the Avanti for photos and video, not sure of the ETA on that...
                                    Super excited. As soon as we get ours I will be putting together our normal assembly video to show off the fit and finish. Also, I'll make sure to get a couple pics of the Avanti on the bench to hold us over until we can get her out for a photoshoot. Can't wait!

Comment

• I'm looking forward to this one. And looking forward to Ryan and Mike's assembly video and hopefully......... presentation flights?.

Other topic: Will the canopy be able to be stained using the Rit dye method? Years ago only the Sig and Great Planes KIT canopies were dye-able and all of the ARF canopies were not. The ARF products just would not take the dye. To get a smokey tint I had to use about 2/3 dark blue 1/3 black powder mix. If I used straight black the canopy would just come out a dirty brown. But, since the Avanti canopy has white structure I doubt if using dye is an option. I'll probably just shoot the interior with some color.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                        Grossman, you doing the manual for this one?
                                        So do we have to wait for the plane to arrive to get to see the manual?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                          Grossman, you doing the manual for this one?
                                          They seem to be shy about giving me one before it's posted in it's original form. Asked about the Spitfire as well but to date I have no response. Up to Alpha, but I'd love to be able to get one right off the bat..
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X