Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, will definately be getting one of these! Love the paint scheme. Going dark smoke on the canopy. A very well designed bird. Great job Alpha and MRC team.

Comment

Good fun with this aircraft this morning!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

When you say available "Spring"? Going to put the crunch on the pocketbook if you release the Spitfire, A-10 and this one all in April. Help a husband out and spread them out at least a month apart!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          Good fun with this aircraft this morning!
          What kind of flight time are you getting on those packs? Are those the same wheels that are on the upgrade gear for the P-38? Sure looks good.

Comment

SO is that the production color scheme Alpha? I like it! Is that the only color scheme that will be offered or will there be others too? Looking forward to some sport jettin'!

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
              When you say available "Spring"? Going to put the crunch on the pocketbook if you release the Spitfire, A-10 and this one all in April. Help a husband out and spread them out at least a month apart!
              We have the materials ready for all three, and there are more coming in the summer so unfortunately we can't space these three out by much. Generally we try to space things out once a month or so, but with the lull before, during, and after Chinese New Year, there's always a backlog followed by a rush of new products. For you, I'd recommend the Spitfire first ;)

Bajora, that is the production color scheme for everything except the canopy (as described earlier). The silver on the fuselage is painted, as are the yellow tips of the wing/tail. The gray checkers, however, are decals, so they can be removed if someone wants to repaint the tips red and the apply a new set of checker decals back over it. I know you like red in your sport jets ;), but for now we're only doing this color scheme. If it's a good seller, we can look into producing another color scheme next year, but for now we and Sebart chose the yellow/white since the red/white and red/white/blue schemes were already done in Turbine and the 90mm balsa/glass Avantis. The red/black/yellow was a contender, but the black didn't play nice with the foam, no surprise there.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

What kind of flight time are you getting on those packs? Are those the same wheels that are on the upgrade gear for the P-38? Sure looks good.
                Twowingtj, those are closer to the P-38 wheels, yes. I misspoke earlier when I said they were F7F tires, I confused the two warbirds.

I'm getting 4 minutes on the 4000s with my usual mixed throttle demo pattern, with room to spare. Intended as a pattern sport jet, I'm not flying this Avanti at full burner the entire time.

Comment

Ah no worries ... yellow is also a favorite and much loved color for my aircraft. I have an EFX in yellow, a 90mm TH Viper in yellow, etc. :)

Comment

I may have to do something like this to mine... :p

Click image for larger version

Name:	seahawk_plane.JPG
Views:	930
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	58986
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Alpha,

Not that important, but if you happen to have time, can you tell me the inner and outer diameter of the exhaust/tailcone?

Comment

Sure, I'll get some measurements in the morning.

Comment

Thanks a ton. I appreciate it.

Comment

The exhaust outlet measures 69mm inner diameter and 84mm outer diameter between the lateral sidewalls.

Attached are photos showing the duct access. Also shown is an Admiral 6s 5000, oversized from the recommended 4000, to show the large battery space. Note the plastic strengthener at the outlet, that spans about 150 degrees of the duct outlet's inner diameter.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very cool stuff, and thank you for the measurements. I love the battery space in this jet. There's definitely no shortage of room for accessories too, whether that be a gyro, telemetry, etc.

Comment

T-CAT is going to stuff a 90mm in there with 12s!~ hehehe....

Comment

LOL, that would be pretty funny stuff, and I'm sure someone will do something bananas to theirs. Thankfully, this one will stay on 6S :), but just a different power system, likely Jetfan 80. I plan to use a 5000mah 6S for a couple reasons, I'll need it for the current draw of the new system, and I use these batteries in many of my other planes. I'd be perfectly happy on the stock power system, but I have so many power system just doing nothing in drawers right now, so minds well put them to good use. Keeping a sport jet light is important, but thankfully I won't be adding too much weight, I'll have more than enough power to overcome the added weight, but this plane has such a large wingspan and overall light "dry" weight, so it should perform fantastic. Unfortunately, I'll have to make able exhaust cone for the new system though because the JF 80 will need quite a bit smaller outlet than this has, but that's not a huge deal.

Comment

For reference, I'm at 2013g with my Hitec 6ch receiver in there. Everything without the actual battery.

Comment

Geez man, that's light. That's excellent news. Even with the little nice details (lighting package, trailing links, etc), it is still very light.

Comment

Interesting aircraft. I bet that thing can blast off of a grass field no problem. I like the space in the nose for sensors (all my ships are fully sensored up).

Are you guys gonna do any other paint schemes?
                                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Hi Seaviper, yes there's more space than usual for an 80mm jet. The Avanti and MiG-21 have the largest battery bays in our 80mm EDF lineup.

Regarding the paint scheme, see my notes from above:

"That is the production color scheme for everything except the canopy (as described earlier). The silver on the fuselage is painted, as are the yellow tips of the wing/tail. The gray checkers, however, are decals, so they can be removed if someone wants to repaint the tips red and the apply a new set of checker decals back over it. I know you like red in your sport jets ;), but for now we're only doing this color scheme. If it's a good seller, we can look into producing another color scheme next year, but for now we and Sebart chose the yellow/white since the red/white and red/white/blue schemes were already done in Turbine and the 90mm balsa/glass Avantis. The red/black/yellow was a contender, but the black didn't play nice with the foam, no surprise there."

The aircraft has very clean lines. Go back to my first post in this thread and you'll see the all white aircraft. A military scheme would be neat on it, if one can find a way to make the canopy's proportions somewhat convincing in the "real" world. At present, like most fantasy Sport Jets in RC (like your Super Scorpion), the canopy is more of an aesthetic element than a practically functional one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X