Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, i loose one spring who hold the front gear door, i cannot find the spare part for that, anyone know where i can find some or someone has the size of it ? thanks a lot ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post
      Hi, i loose one spring who hold the front gear door, i cannot find the spare part for that, anyone know where i can find some or someone has the size of it ? thanks a lot ...
      If you have thin guage piano wire to match the existing spring then you can stick a drill bit in a vice( a drill bit that goes in the loop of one of the remaining wires) bend it round the drill bit then cut off both ends to match the length of the others. It worked for me. Use a longish length of wire to make it easier to bend around the pin. Having said that I eventually gave up on my gear doors and took them off as below Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220807_120602_938.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	384178
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220807_120811_570.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	384179

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

Having said that I eventually gave up on my gear doors and took them off Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220807_120602_938.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	384178
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220807_120811_570.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	384179
        it s also a solution, no more springs to loose ...

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

If you have thin guage piano wire to match the existing spring then you can stick a drill bit in a vice( a drill bit that goes in the loop of one of the remaining wires) bend it round the drill bit then cut off both ends to match the length of the others. It worked for me. Use a longish length of wire to make it easier to bend around the pin. Having said that I eventually gave up on my gear doors and took them off as below
          Steel fishing leader wire is very good for making springs. It's available in a variety of gauges, and easy to find almost anywhere.

I do it with the drill bit in my cordless drill, rather like this guy does it: https://youtu.be/ubQqYq5vmnc?t=117

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Steel fishing leader wire is very good for making springs. It's available in a variety of gauges, and easy to find almost anywhere.

I do it with the drill bit in my cordless drill, rather like this guy does it: https://youtu.be/ubQqYq5vmnc?t=117
            That video is now on my favourites list

Comment

• Originally posted by BigNug View Post
              I checked out the spare parts for both V1 and V2. Looks like it's the same retract with a 5.1mm diameter shaft, so it must fit. I'm going to order one and will report back.
              That nose retract is also the same one used on their new 90mm Eurofighter.
              Got my Red Avanti V 1.9 (V1 but with upgraded 12 blade 2150 Kv inrunner) out again and it's a new girl! Drop in fit and no need to change the ESC (but doesn't have thrust reverse-I like flying in a forward direction ). Been using the SMC HiV 6200 before, which weighs in at 848 gr but this time used the new SMC HiV 5900's which weigh 100 gr less at 740 gr. It's much quicker, flies lighter and I really didn't lose any flight time. It's definitely a worth while upgrade assuming your V1 is in decent shape. Had an issue with the first fan as it must not have been perfectly round and the blades almost immediately ground into the inside of the fan and seized up. I noticed the clearance tolerance on this fan is extremely tight, probably more so than on their previous fans. MRC sent me a new fan/blades, which I changed out, balanced, and it worked perfectly, although I really do hate balancing EDF's. Kinda like the new V2 paint scheme, but couldn't justify dumping the old one, even after 100 flights.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230811_133942.jpg Views:	0 Size:	309.1 KB ID:	384263Click image for larger version  Name:	20230811_133951.jpg Views:	0 Size:	305.6 KB ID:	384264
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• This was absolutely awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post
                  Hi, i loose one spring who hold the front gear door, i cannot find the spare part for that, anyone know where i can find some or someone has the size of it ? thanks a lot ...
                  i found some on the chinese web site ; lengh 15mm, diameter of wire 0.4mm, external diameter 5mm, but yes she flies also perfectly without ...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigNug View Post
                    I checked out the spare parts for both V1 and V2. Looks like it's the same retract with a 5.1mm diameter shaft, so it must fit. I'm going to order one and will report back.
                    Thanks to those that responded.

The V2 nose gear strut does work on a V1. The doors close a little sooner and slide on the tire as they close, but it works and helps reduce landing bounce.

Comment

• Just when I wanted to get into the "Avanti club", Motion RC says the estimated backorder delivery is 2-3 months... geezzz.... I was hoping to have it still this year :)
                      Interestingly, Freewing website says it's available.... well.. waiting time :)

Comment

• When I look at both the US and EU Motion sites all versions, new, old, ARF, PNP, all show out of stock. Where are you looking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          When I look at both the US and EU Motion sites all versions, new, old, ARF, PNP, all show out of stock. Where are you looking?
                          On the EU site in product questions (PNP version)

Click image for larger version  Name:	2023-09-01 13_13_31-Clipboard.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	385572​However, this is the information on the Freewing website. It says clearly "in stock" (but the price......)

Comment

• My understanding is that’s a fake site and if you do order from it you’ll never receive it.

Raymond has it in stock but shipping will be bad. Freewing Avanti S V2 80mm 12 Blade EDF Sport Jet IR PNP Version (rc-castle.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              My understanding is that’s a fake site and if you do order from it you’ll never receive it.

Raymond has it in stock but shipping will be bad. Freewing Avanti S V2 80mm 12 Blade EDF Sport Jet IR PNP Version (rc-castle.com)
                              Oh.. never ordered anything from there (due to the shipping prices, at least). It was just interesting to see they claim to have it in stock.

Geezz... 122$ shipping to NL. Also, it would go through customs, which means another 21% added.

I'll wait... especially, that shipping will be free from MotionrcEU and I can pay in 3 interest free installments...

Comment

• Originally posted by tipstall View Post
                                Maidened my V2 today. Using year old Liperior 5000 6s 35c. Telemetry data at takeoff - 121 Amps, 23.55V 2850 watts. .
                                I'm wondering, why they put 100A ESC then? I know 121A is just a bit more than peak current of this ESC, but still....

Comment

• As I’ve said I’m multiple places (I have the 2150 in three planes) they pull 127-128A on a freshly charged non-HV LiPo. So far no smoke!

Comment

• I been putting mine through a lot with the 100A esc. Haven't had any issues either. Also have 100A in the tomcat. All good so far. And thats with 18 flights in 100+ degree weather. I can tell you the batteries don't like it.

Comment

• I’m running mostly SMC 5300 HV packs in both V1 and V2 Avantis. I have them all the way back. During inverted flight how much down elevator are people applying? Seems like a lot on mine. Planes fly/land great.

Comment

• I fly 650g packs all the way back, even cut a little foam. It’s far enough the nose wheel skips over the ground. Not much down inverted.

Comment

• installed the avian 130 amp esc just like in the viper 90. Ran stock motor and stock fan. wanted the reverse thrust and thought it would be about the same speed or slightly faster. After installing the Avanti was actually much slower and flew aweful. anyone tried this esc with stock motor???

Comment

Working...
                                          X