Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered my Christmas present. Avanti V2 and the lemon receiver/stabilizer. Looking forward to seeing how she compares with V1. Which met a tragic end. For some reason the receiver lost connection. No response and I just had to watch her hit the ground. Oh well...

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• As far as CG goes, I had my Admiral 5000's and 4500's sitting so the back end sat at the aft end of the battery deck. Interesting to watch Wesley's video, he runs his leads from the rear, I've always run mine from the front. Looks like the nose gear retract mount has been reinforced which is a good thing. Nothing like having to split the fuse to get that little plastic piece out to repair. PITA!
      I love the new paint scheme!! Having experienced landing the V1, I realized early on that I'd have to hold that nose up. I can still hear Ryan telling me, "Commit to the landing!" He was right. With the new version, a level fuse when landing should kiss the runway.
      I'm in the process of applying many coats of clear gloss on her, she'll shine like a sunny day!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Seeking a couple of photos of the nose gear bay for the Avanti S V2. Just returning a couple of parts removed previously and struggling with the gear door actuators.

Comment

• First sunny day in a while that you could actually go outside without freezing your keester off. In keeping with an old tradition, the new Avanti V2 got her pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240122_111739.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	395494 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240122_111821.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	395495 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240122_112030.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	395496 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240122_112044.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	395497 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240122_112053.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	395498 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240122_112246.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	395499

All ready for her maiden flight in the Spring!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed100 View Post
            Seeking a couple of photos of the nose gear bay for the Avanti S V2. Just returning a couple of parts removed previously and struggling with the gear door actuators.
            In stock and shipping now! The best just got better! Introducing the new and improved Freewing Avanti S V2: Check out the features below and click the links ...

Check out this video around 9:30 I believe.
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              First sunny day in a while that you could actually go outside without freezing your keester off. In keeping with an old tradition, the new Avanti V2 got her pics:

All ready for her maiden flight in the Spring!!

Grossman56
              Looking Good "G Man" Looks like you did some clear coating with minwax/spar urethane for that nice shiny finish. I've done that with all my foam planes, really enhances the look and adds some durability to the foam. 👍
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Actually, since I can't seem to find Minwax Spar Urethane anymore, I've switched to Varathane Spar Urethane which I found on Amazon, Same great results and it's available!
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  Actually, since I can't seem to find Minwax Spar Urethane anymore, I've switched to Varathane Spar Urethane which I found on Amazon, Same great results and it's available!
                  That's what I use as well, can get it from several places including Amazon, with free delivery. Just make sure it's the exterior version water based as the standard interior version can slightly yellow in the sun. I mostly use the quart cans and brush it on but also found the same in spray cans, from flat to gloss.

I also found that it clouds over when getting wet from rain, but just wipe down the wet areas and it quickly dries back crystal clear. Left a wet A10 wing in the bag, forgot to wipe it off at home and the next morning almost 💩 my pants when I saw my Arctic scheme looking destroyed. Few hours to dry out inside and it was good as new. 🤨
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

That's what I use as well, can get it from several places including Amazon, with free delivery. Just make sure it's the exterior version water based as the standard interior version can slightly yellow in the sun. I mostly use the quart cans and brush it on but also found the same in spray cans, from flat to gloss.

I also found that it clouds over when getting wet from rain, but just wipe down the wet areas and it quickly dries back crystal clear. Left a wet A10 wing in the bag, forgot to wipe it off at home and the next morning almost 💩 my pants when I saw my Arctic scheme looking destroyed. Few hours to dry out inside and it was good as new. 🤨
                    Hmm, Spar Varathane as a laxative.....Hadn't thought of that!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Can someone take a couple good pics of the nose gear area with the gear extended? I want to upgrade my v1 to the v2 gear door arrangement. Thanks!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0174.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	397304

Comment

• Several hours of foam shaving.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Moved the servo to the V2 location. All glued and taped up.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Removed Foam and V1 nose gear door hardware.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by JetMech2002 View Post
                                Moved the servo to the V2 location. All glued and taped up.
                                very nice job on the new door arrangement, i like it

Comment

• Originally posted by JetMech2002 View Post
                                  Moved the servo to the V2 location. All glued and taped up.
                                  Hi JetMech, would you happen to know if your old v1 nose and main gear will fit in my v1 fuse nose mount and the mains in the wing plastic mounts w/o any modification, ie, a straight swap and mount? Or are the mounting screw hole dimensions different, strut size different, etc. Since the v1 landing gears are no longer available and I need a set I'm hoping I can just buy the v2 nose and main set and do a direct, no modification install. Thanks, Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I have owned both. I have heard it said by several EDF designers that there is a fundamental tradeoff in EDF between static thrust vs. speed. They are opposing goals, and you have to pick a design somewhere along the tradeoff. It seemed to me that the 12-blade (more blades, lower kv) is slightly more optimized for static thrust, and the 9-blade (few blades, higher kv) is slightly more optimized for max speed.

I preferred the 9-blade, but it depends on your flying style. If you like a lot of speed changes and want sudden punch, then maybe 12-blade is better. A guy in our club flies this style, gliding sometimes, punching out sometimes...it is interesting to watch. He definitely does better with the 12-blade. I tend to fly around at constant relatively high speed, and like to pass by low and fast, so I like the 9-blade for max speed.

It is kind of like bicycle gears - the 12blade lower kv is a "lower gear", so you can accelerate a bit better, but then top speed is limited vs. the other one. But we're not talking about 1st gear vs 10th gear.....more like 9th gear vs 10th gear, only a small difference.

Also probably matters if you fly off grass. 9-blade takes a little longer to accelerate up to takeoff speed, and with the resistance of grass you might want 12-blade.

And I can't say I really noticed much difference in visibility. Maybe red is slightly easier to see.
                                    Having had both yellow and red V1s and now a V2, have to agree there’s not much difference in visibility…have to keep them all close for my old eyes or they become silhouettes and orientation becomes a problem. However, greatly disappointed in the V2 colour scheme when the model is closer. This is a sport jet and why anyone would feature depressing gray on a sport model escapes me…prefer both V1 colour schemes and really miss the yellow one. The box graphic of the V2 raised my hopes when it arrived…the model on the box is very light gray or white and red…loved it…and then I opened the box…gray and red!
                                    In spite of my complaining, I love the model in all colour schemes…but, gray? Not sure the people who answered Motion’s V2 colour scheme pole are representative of the Avanti customer population.

Comment

• I have got the VI with the 3658-1857 12 blade metal fan unit.

HRB 6S CAT A 60c 4000mah Lipo.

The wattmeter figures I get, are well below some of the reports I have read on this forum.

Usually pulling around 64a on low timing (Freewing 100a ESC).

If I change to medium timing its around the 97a mark.

I take it that most flyers are flying on medium timing, as friends who have the V1 are getting more or less the same?.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHOENIXFLIER View Post
                                        I have got the VI with the 3658-1857 12 blade metal fan unit.

HRB 6S CAT A 60c 4000mah Lipo.

The wattmeter figures I get, are well below some of the reports I have read on this forum.

Usually pulling around 64a on low timing (Freewing 100a ESC).

If I change to medium timing its around the 97a mark.

I take it that most flyers are flying on medium timing, as friends who have the V1 are getting more or less the same?.
                                        110A in mine, stock timing.

Comment

• Nice 1, is your stock timing high medium or low, as they all seem to come set slightly differently?

Comment

Working...
                                          X