Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my First Freewing Jet and really enjoying this Avanti v2!!
    I fly with a 5000 100c smartpack
    and Spektrum AR737T

my as3x numbers are
    Roll 24%
    Pitch 46%
    Yaw 36%

Comment

• The Avanti V2 is great to fly. I put a Kingtech K45G4 turbine in mine so there is more than enough power when/if necessary.
      I found it hard to transport the model safe, so I designed a holder/stand for the model. Now it sits fine both at home and in the car during transport. I uploaded the files to thingiverse so if you got a 3d printer you can print them yourself.

I designed a Holder/Stand for my Avanti_S V2. It fits perfect both for transport and storage. The round wooden rods I used were 10mm diameter anc 350mm long. Hopefully it is useful to other model aviators out there =) Please let me know if you like it.

Comment

• Everybody use the CG from the book?

Comment

• I don't think anyone does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            I don't think anyone does.
            Ohh OK.. so only me 🤣🤣
            So you shift the CG way back .. do you have any numbers?

Comment

• You can move it back so far the plane won't even rest on it's nose gear and still fly it. I suggest move back a little at a time and try it .

Most everyone starts at the book value but ends up with their balance further aft.

Comment

• Thanks for the Reply Evan D
                I pushed the battery a few inches back (step by step) and the Avanti flies a lot easier with no throttle. I think the Avanti was a little bit to much nose heavy 😅😅

A friend of me printed a landing support for the Avanti v2

Comment

• A few inches?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                    A few inches?
                    Haha -> 45mm = 1.78 inch
                    sorry other units of measurement always confuse me

Comment

• Originally posted by MetallDanny View Post
                      Everybody use the CG from the book?
                      My CG is at 120mm. Can't go further back as the battery (4500mAh) sits at the rear wall already. Flies perfectly.
                      Ah, do NOT use the control throws from the manual either. They're way too aggresive.
                      Those from this video work perfectly
                      @MotionRC @freewingmodel977 00:00 Intro02:19 Flight06:45 Post Flight ReportPlane: Freewing Avanti S V2 80mm EDF Sport JetPilot: BD TennesseeField: KCRCWeathe...

Comment

• I like more than the book throws… we all have our preferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by mszulen View Post

My CG is at 120mm. Can't go further back as the battery (4500mAh) sits at the rear wall already. Flies perfectly.
                          Ah, do NOT use the control throws from the manual either. They're way too aggresive.
                          yes had the same experience with the Ailerons on high rates ., it was like a DrillingMachine. To much for me 😄 🤣
                          I put them on 82% (10% expo)

And CG is same like you 120mm with a
                          6s 5000 100c Spektrum smart pack 700gr

Flies & lands like a Dream!
                          (But i'm still a Rooki .. need a lot more flighthours )

Comment

• Is it possible to grease the inside from the Nose Landing Strut ? 🤔

Comment

• Interesting. While out of stock, the price was posted at $325. Now that it's back in stock its $399 an increase of $74.
                              Hmmm...
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Those happen to be the prices for the arf plus and the PnP…

Comment

• After 110 flights it went to hangar for rest, then Freewing T45 got its turbine time, and then Mig21....
                                  now it is winter and grass is not great, so avanti time again :)

but changed livery a bit not to get bored with old white one...

Click image for larger version

Name:	e7fcce05-a74f-4f68-9269-b0f227a14e9c.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	390416

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by dr.Tom View Post
                                    After 110 flights it went to hangar for rest, then Freewing T45 got its turbine time, and then Mig21....
                                    now it is winter and grass is not great, so avanti time again :)

but changed livery a bit not to get bored with old white one...

Name:	e7fcce05-a74f-4f68-9269-b0f227a14e9c.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	390416

Outstanding, but then I'm kinda partial to the Tiger Scheme.

Name:	20230621_183319.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	390514
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Comment

• Thought it is time I added the Avanti to my hanger ,after everyone really rates this model.Now I have a problem .Freewing have brought out the 90mm Zeus .Mmmm Avanti or Zeus ??????
                                        I like problems like this

Comment

• I like the Avanti more. The Zeus (8S) is quick and quiet, but the new 2150 makes the Avanti very fast too and the Avanti is more agile.

Comment

Working...
                                          X