Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I waited one day to long to order mine. Hopefully they will restock soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
      Looks like I waited one day too long to order mine. Hopefully they will restock soon.
      Sorry 😥… I bought the last one yesterday.

Comment

• I was shopping for a part earlier on another company's site. Said the item was backordered with an expected date of April 2021...

Comment

• I'm still flying the original that I got when they first came out. Still using the stock original power system. Starting to show a little wear and tear. Was hoping to replace it with ver. 2. Just have to impatiently wait for restock.

Comment

I'm still flying the original that I got when they first came out. Still using the stock original power system. Starting to show a little wear and tear. Was hoping to replace it with ver. 2. Just have to impatiently wait for restock.
            You fly in KS? If so, where at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              I was shopping for a part earlier on another company's site. Said the item was backordered with an expected date of April 2021...
              Delivery by TARDIS Express?

Comment

• Maidened my V2 today. Using year old Liperior 5000 6s 35c. Telemetry data at takeoff - 121 Amps, 23.55V 2850 watts. For comparison, the V1 Avanti at full throttle produced 2400 watts at takeoff on the exact same batteries. I figured if you used newer batteries, especially the newer SMC HVs you'd be pushing over 3000W - so some caution on using max throttle for anything other than a few seconds. The 12 blade fan sounds fantastic - that's one of the things I did not like about the earlier 9 blade version. In flight, the V2 Avanti very simiilar to the earlier version, but I can feel the extra power on the newer higher KV motor. I had a GPS unit on but unfortunately it was not working today - so no speed readings. I clocked 120 mph on the V1 Avanti on a dive, and I think V2 feels just as fast if not faster. Need to get that GPS fixed.

Now my gripe : 1) The nose gear doors. They popped of when I landed over grass. One of them broke in two. All the inner springs, plastic clips - all gone. Just like the older Avanti, if you don't have short grass, they will be ripped off. I replace them with spares and after a few flights, they break or go missing. I'll just have to live with a doorless Avanti.

2) The Avanti is still a bouncy plane. Even when i tried to bleed off speed and ease it gently onto the ground, it loves to bounce. I figured the bounces must have played a part in ripping off the gear doors. There are occasions of course that it comes in just perfect with no bounce. You just have to work at those landings. Fortunately, the gears are tough. No chance of bending or breaking them.

Anyway I'm very happy with the plane. The paint job is great, and the parts fit perfectly. Even the servos and links are all adjusted just right so I don't need to change anything when going from the V1 model on my radio to the new one. QA is excellent. And finally, that great sound - its actually get close to the sound of a Wemotec. Great job, Freewing.

Comment

• Originally posted by tipstall View Post
                  Maidened my V2 today. Using year old Liperior 5000 6s 35c. Telemetry data at takeoff - 121 Amps, 23.55V 2850 watts. For comparison, the V1 Avanti at full throttle produced 2400 watts at takeoff on the exact same batteries. I figured if you used newer batteries, especially the newer SMC HVs you'd be pushing over 3000W - so some caution on using max throttle for anything other than a few seconds. The 12 blade fan sounds fantastic - that's one of the things I did not like about the earlier 9 blade version. In flight, the V2 Avanti very simiilar to the earlier version, but I can feel the extra power on the newer higher KV motor. I had a GPS unit on but unfortunately it was not working today - so no speed readings. I clocked 120 mph on the V1 Avanti on a dive, and I think V2 feels just as fast if not faster. Need to get that GPS fixed.

Now my gripe : 1) The nose gear doors. They popped of when I landed over grass. One of them broke in two. All the inner springs, plastic clips - all gone. Just like the older Avanti, if you don't have short grass, they will be ripped off. I replace them with spares and after a few flights, they break or go missing. I'll just have to live with a doorless Avanti.

2) The Avanti is still a bouncy plane. Even when i tried to bleed off speed and ease it gently onto the ground, it loves to bounce. I figured the bounces must have played a part in ripping off the gear doors. There are occasions of course that it comes in just perfect with no bounce. You just have to work at those landings. Fortunately, the gears are tough. No chance of bending or breaking them.

Anyway I'm very happy with the plane. The paint job is great, and the parts fit perfectly. Even the servos and links are all adjusted just right so I don't need to change anything when going from the V1 model on my radio to the new one. QA is excellent. And finally, that great sound - its actually get close to the sound of a Wemotec. Great job, Freewing.
                  how did you balance this, on the new lines provided on the wings or based on the manual?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogosi View Post

how did you balance this, on the new lines provided on the wings or based on the manual?
                    I actually took the old wood battery plate out of my old avanti and put it the V2. Used the same battery location on the tray, and it balances right at the balance point marks on the wings with canopy on and gears down. The Avanti is a very forgiving plane and I used both smaller and bigger batteries and did not even bother to check the balance point. It is very stable and controllable over a wide CG range.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post

You fly in KS? If so, where at?
                      Yep Ks. Newton, about 25 miles north of Wichita.

Comment

Yep Ks. Newton, about 25 miles north of Wichita.
                        I fly at Lake Afton.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4800.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	382036Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4798.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.7 KB ID:	382037 People with V2 curious if you have the cutouts in the wheel wells. My V1 has them but the V2 doesn’t. Wondering if they should be there as “cheater holes”?

Comment

• Anyone heard when they will be back in stock?

Comment

• I ordered the V2 fans for this and my tomcat. I'm pretty excited to see what gains i get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post

hi again, after a warm night of thinking ...
                                it was exactly what i did.
                                channel 1 throttle (-100/+100), channel 2 reverse (-100/+100), and nothing works,
                                this morning i changed the channel from 2 to 7 for the reverse and it works (-100/+100),
                                the motor and the reverse are working,
                                don t ask me why ...
                                thanks for helping ....
                                If Channel 2 is a primary channel i.e. elevator, rudder, ailerons or throttle you cannot normally assign these channels to a switch as they work on sticks only. Channel 2 is normally elevator on most radios channel 5,6,7,8,9,10 are aux channels and normally can be assigned to switches. I do not know how the channel numbers are set out on your jeti rx but channel 7 is clearly an aux channel because it now works.

Comment

• Originally posted by tipstall View Post

2) The Avanti is still a bouncy plane. Even when i tried to bleed off speed and ease it gently onto the ground, it loves to bounce. I figured the bounces must have played a part in ripping off the gear doors. There are occasions of course that it comes in just perfect with no bounce. You just have to work at those landings.
                                  IT only comes in the way you fly it in, it doesn't have a mind of its own. Bouncy landings are due to hitting nosewheel first, coming in too fast, or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

If Channel 2 is a primary channel i.e. elevator, rudder, ailerons or throttle you cannot normally assign these channels to a switch as they work on sticks only. Channel 2 is normally elevator on most radios channel 5,6,7,8,9,10 are aux channels and normally can be assigned to switches. I do not know how the channel numbers are set out on your jeti rx but channel 7 is clearly an aux channel because it now works.
                                    With Jeti, you can assign any channel as you wish.
                                    So probably his channel 2 was already assigned to a different servo signal and not as a switch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flying Dutchman View Post

With Jeti, you can assign any channel as you wish.
                                      So probably his channel 2 was already assigned to a different servo signal and not as a switch.
                                      I guess I should have known Jeti would be different

Comment

• Ok - finally got my GPS working again and the results on speed was a little disappointing. The V2 with its 12 blade fan clocked 105 mph, which is about 5 mph slower than the older version despite drawing 15 more amps. Now this is with my old, tired low "C" Lipo batteries and I'm sure others will get more speed with better batteries.

Comment

• (1) Avanti s v2 maiden and second flight - YouTube

vid done on my iphone so missed alot of the 144mph on gps,,, pass..this was maiden and second flight .. also has anyone else notice that the canopy hold down pin isnt long enough to go into the canopy?

Comment

Working...
                                          X