Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my V2 today. The paint quality is much better. I was going to clearcoat it, but I'm having second thoughts after seeing it. It's got a good semigloss finish already. Just like my past avanti it came with a pre crunched wingtip so I don't have to worry about doing it myself.

Comment

• Mine also came today really like it. Had a bad elevator servo but motion took care of it fast. Its not there fault it seems there is a bad servo in every bunch. Cant wait to get the B25

Comment

• I received my v2 Avanti today. I got in three flights before the temperature and humidity got to me. What a great plane, vertical performance is awesome.

Comment

• Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new plane!

Comment

• Hi Avanti Flyers,
            greetz from Northgermany. Blue Sky and 32 Degrees. ( Celsius) Best conditions for
            maiden.
            I received my Avanti S V2 yesterday and had my maiden today.
            Performance is awesome, Sound is perfect. It‘ s fantastic plane for many hours of flying fun.
            I‘ve flown the first Version for 5 years now and was also satisfied and time now to change.

Comment

• Lawn darted my year-old Avanti S two days ago due to sun glare. Was considering ordering a new fuselage when I noticed the v2 and lo and behold, I have a spanking brand new Avanti V2 on my work desk. Thanks to MotionRC for having free "economy" shipping that's faster than most other vendors. I have good experience with Mixwax semi-gloss on previous foam models, so I'll give it the same treatment. The Polycrylic coat makes cleaning the mud and dirt far easier than uncoated foam surfaces.

Comment

• Originally posted by tipstall View Post
                Lawn darted my year-old Avanti S two days ago due to sun glare. Was considering ordering a new fuselage when I noticed the v2 and lo and behold, I have a spanking brand new Avanti V2 on my work desk. Thanks to MotionRC for having free "economy" shipping that's faster than most other vendors. I have good experience with Mixwax semi-gloss on previous foam models, so I'll give it the same treatment. The Polycrylic coat makes cleaning the mud and dirt far easier than uncoated foam surfaces.
                Talk about a fortuitous crash, just in time for the upgraded V2. I may try that as well: "Hey Honey, I had to buy another Avanti since God just recalled my old one!" Just practicing for when she puts me under interrogation.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Well with 300ish flights my my Click image for larger version

Name:	70890436229__123C07E2-7B66-4D65-914D-1CAA640777CC.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	381856 V1 I figured it was time for a fresh one. Absolutely nothing wrong with mynV1, flys great. It has the Eflite 80mm fan from a “donor” F16. Curious to see how it compares to the new unit. Mainly the paint job sold me. Although I will tint the canopy. Nozzle and brace on the way too.

Comment

• Just got the V2 this weekend, looks great. Like the CG marker on the wing. Tried balancing with a 4000 and was unable to. Looked in the manual and the information they have there is completely different than the CG marker. Now I'm hesitant to maiden this. Did I read it wrong, or is the manual wrong? The finish on the plane is exceptional.

Comment

• Looks like a lot of the manual has info taken from the V-1. On my V-1's I found the CG very tolerant and I like a very rearward balance. For me I push the battery back until it barely stays with the nose wheel touching the ground... It does effect steering.

Comment

• That didn't take long!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	425
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	381926

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                          That didn't take long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Danonino View Post
                            sorry about that. I bought the last one this morning 😢

Comment

• Originally posted by rogosi View Post
                              Just got the V2 this weekend, looks great. Like the CG marker on the wing. Tried balancing with a 4000 and was unable to. Looked in the manual and the information they have there is completely different than the CG marker. Now I'm hesitant to maiden this. Did I read it wrong, or is the manual wrong? The finish on the plane is exceptional.
                              I didn’t like working with the CG marking and just did it the old fashioned way: CG as per the manual, plane inverted, retracts in.

So just follow your own preference for this.

The V2-Avanti is flying even a bit better as the previous version, due to the new power setup. And the quality and looks of the finish on this new Avanti outshines the previous versions!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                                That didn't take long!

In the EU-warehouse, the V2 Avanti was already sold out the same day it came available!

Lucky to have snapped one up!

Comment

• Hi, i just got my V2, i have a problem with the esc and the reverse, if i plug the yellow cable + the esc cable to the receiver, the motor doesn't work (no bip for the cells count) but if i unplug the yellow cable it works, weird isn't it ?
                                  what is going wrong ? i m using a rex7A from jeti, thanks for your help

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post
                                    Hi, i just got my V2, i have a problem with the esc and the reverse, if i plug the yellow cable + the esc cable to the receiver, the motor doesn't work (no bip for the cells count) but if i unplug the yellow cable it works, weird isn't it ?
                                    what is going wrong ? i m using a rex7A from jeti, thanks for your help
                                    Is the yellow cable plugged in the right way round on your rx ( assuming the yellow cable is the signal cable)and have you assigned your chosen rx channel to a 2 way switch ? I have only ever used an Aerostar reversing esc a few years ago and that had a 2 wire lead to the rx 2 position switch channel ( yellow and black leads i.e. signal and negative ) and a 3 wire lead, ( yellow, red and black ) to the throttle position channel on the rx. Is there a designated socket on the control board( blue box for want of a better word ) for this reversing switch purpose on the Avanti V2 and does it show the connections in the manual? If there is only one wire i.e. yellow then how does your rx get the negative connection to the 2 position switch without the black wire ? unless you have powered up the blue box from the gear channel on your rx ? Hopefully it is simply a question of the yellow wire the wrong way round

Comment

• Three wire plug to the throttle channel and the single yellow wire plug to a channel with a two way -100/+100 signal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        Three wire plug to the throttle channel and the single yellow wire plug to a channel with a two way -100/+100 signal.
                                        hi again, after a warm night of thinking ...
                                        it was exactly what i did.
                                        channel 1 throttle (-100/+100), channel 2 reverse (-100/+100), and nothing works,
                                        this morning i changed the channel from 2 to 7 for the reverse and it works (-100/+100),
                                        the motor and the reverse are working,
                                        don t ask me why ...
                                        thanks for helping ....

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

Is the yellow cable plugged in the right way round on your rx ( assuming the yellow cable is the signal cable)and have you assigned your chosen rx channel to a 2 way switch ? I have only ever used an Aerostar reversing esc a few years ago and that had a 2 wire lead to the rx 2 position switch channel ( yellow and black leads i.e. signal and negative ) and a 3 wire lead, ( yellow, red and black ) to the throttle position channel on the rx. Is there a designated socket on the control board( blue box for want of a better word ) for this reversing switch purpose on the Avanti V2 and does it show the connections in the manual? If there is only one wire i.e. yellow then how does your rx get the negative connection to the 2 position switch without the black wire ? unless you have powered up the blue box from the gear channel on your rx ? Hopefully it is simply a question of the yellow wire the wrong way round
                                          they don t say anything in the manual ...
                                          but it works now, that is the most important ...
                                          thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X