Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange both are stuck to the right. did you try to connect each to receiver, yes it calls for taking the 2 grey wires from white connector that connects to the small board but still.. worth it, you can have crow mix later on :)

canopy keeps poping with turbine power :)

Comment

• Comment

• What’s the preferred adhesive for attaching the canopy to the foam cockpit?

Comment

• The white tube contact cement works well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lextek View Post
            What’s the preferred adhesive for attaching the canopy to the foam cockpit?
            Or the white ZAP canopy glue MRC (and many others) sells. Maybe that's the same thing Evan D mentioned. Works great, dries over-night clear and still possible to remove (with an exacto) if you need to in the future. Use just enough to cover the contact points, wipe off any excess and tape the canopy down in a few places until it dries.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• That’s different Hugh but will work too. The canopy glue takes over night and the white tube glue that comes with FW and other foam planes takes minutes.

Comment

• Comment

• Hello guys! I just maiden my new avanti a few days ago, few flights in grass later the steering for nose gear broke in half the thing that goes from servo to wheel. Can I just glue the nose wheel straight and not use the steering? I also ordered a Bose gear brace. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthewjmorrissey3@gmail.com View Post
                    Hello guys! I just maiden my new avanti a few days ago, few flights in grass later the steering for nose gear broke in half the thing that goes from servo to wheel. Can I just glue the nose wheel straight and not use the steering? I also ordered a Bose gear brace. Thanks
                    Not really Mathew, you need the nose steering for straight take off and avoiding hitting things on landing rollout so bite the bullet and get another one. Whilst I am here I attach photos of my Avanti with 3 d printed nose brace, new black ply wing fences and 2mm rod braces along the outside of the nose gear doors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti nose leg guard.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	342943

Name:	avanti black wing fences.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	342944

Comment

• I thought foam tires tend to get flats if used to hold model during standby (99% of its lifetime in reality)

I hang mine to prevent it, and to drop it in and out of car more easily without powering on everything (TX,mdoel) for transport

magnetic hooks are a great thing, because no drilling is needed (forces up to 20+kg are avail at aliexpress)
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by dr.Tom View Post
                        I thought foam tires tend to get flats if used to hold model during standby (99% of its lifetime in reality)

I hang mine to prevent it, and to drop it in and out of car more easily without powering on everything (TX,mdoel) for transport

magnetic hooks are a great thing, because no drilling is needed (forces up to 20+kg are avail at aliexpress)
                        You are right DrTom which is why all my planes are stored hung on bungees from the ceiling ( Timber so no magnets for me ) with spongy foam cradles or on shelves with wheels up on soft foam. My Avanti picture above was wheels down on the top shelf so that I could take a photo from underside to illustrate the nose wheel leg brace and the wing fences, it is now resting as normal with gear up on a soft foam surface as is the Spitfire 1600 you can see on the shelf below the Avanti. in the photo.

Name:	Hanger.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	342984

Comment

• Today while shopping for Easter groceries, found cheap (thin plastic) 4$ toolbox next to car/tool stuff...
                          Planned to put pump and charger inside not to carry them in nylon bags, but somehow I went overboard :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dr.Tom View Post
                            I thought foam tires tend to get flats if used to hold model during standby (99% of its lifetime in reality)

So are your rafter beams wood and did you just drive screws for the magnets to attract to? And those are strong enough for the avanti? And bigger? It's a very straightforward way of storing and accessing the planes quick and probably minimize the hangar rash. Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post

So are your rafter beams wood and did you just drive screws for the magnets to attract to? And those are strong enough for the avanti? And bigger? It's a very straightforward way of storing and accessing the planes quick and probably minimize the hangar rash. Nice!
                              They look like RHS ( rectangular hollow steel ) beams to me San so the magnets will just stick to the surface,

Comment

• Yes its my underground car garage with second floor above car with stairs, made of metal beams and wood flooring.
                                1 magnet can hold 2 avantis no problem, but I put 4 magnets for 1 avanti to keep strips apart and removal is easy, just take 1 magnet down(tilt it so it releases 5x easier) and let it down with strip, so tail gets free and nose just slides back out of the loop in front.

I believe simple metal plate can be screwed in wood beam and magnets will hold, its magnet force, not the size of metal part that holds it(if metal is not smaller than magnet piece of course ;) )

Aliexpress has them in many sizes/forces, cheap too.

Comment

• Comment

• My geardoor broke. Should I get a new one or leave it off? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthewjmorrissey3@gmail.com View Post
                                      My geardoor broke. Should I get a new one or leave it off? Thanks
                                      You seem to be breaking things with great regularity. Is there a message there?

Comment

• Dude who cares? Oh P40 was a random plane I found at the club I fly at. The avanti is because I fly at a grassy field. If you can’t help me please keep your comments to yourself. Thanks

Comment

• it wasn't pretty from start right away :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X