Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see a problem since she seems to come in nice and slow. I have V2 f16 6s no flaps mix in and can land little hot. FW 16 mixed in flaps for takeoff but helps with landings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kferros View Post
      Thought I could with DX8 but could not find flap settings. Am I missing something.
      Not sure whether your DX8 is Gen1 or Gen2. In my DX9 G2: Under "Function List" scroll down to "Flap System".

Flap Elev

Pos 0 -100% 0%
      Pos 1 -29% 9%
      Pos 2 29% 17%

Switch D
      Speed: 2.0s

These values put the flaps and elev mix at the measurements called for in the manual. Depending on how your servo arms are positioned at assembly, your measurements may be a bit different.

Also, under the Set Up menu you have to set the wing to 1 Aileron and 1 Flap before you can go to Function List.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Not sure if it's the same with a 8 and 9, but with the DX18 you have to activate the flaps under the Aircraft Type (system setup) section to even get the flap system to show up. Under the wing setting tell it that it has 1 Aileron and 1 Flap (since we are in essence running them on a Y) Once that is done you should be able to find the Flap system under normal setup.
        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Not sure whether your DX8 is Gen1 or Gen2. In my DX9 G2: Under "Function List" scroll down to "Flap System".

Flap Elev

Pos 0 -100% 0%
          Pos 1 -29% 9%
          Pos 2 29% 17%

Switch D
          Speed: 2.0s

These values put the flaps and elev mix at the measurements called for in the manual. Depending on how your servo arms are positioned at assembly, your measurements may be a bit different.

Also, under the Set Up menu you have to set the wing to 1 Aileron and 1 Flap before you can go to Function List.

Hope this helps
          Thanks twowing. That actually helped me out splendidly.
          Last edited by Bcool831; May 25, 2017, 04:12 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

• Mod will probably slow the jet down. We'll see on the Maiden flight if it is worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cableguy351 View Post
              weather finaly was decent today to fly mine

Awesome flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kferros View Post
                Thought I could with DX8 but could not find flap settings. Am I missing something.
                you need to make the wing type in programming to one aireron one flap servo . Once that is done , from the main program program screen on the dx8 enter flap condition .. from there you can assign takeoff flaps , landing flaps , and all other parameters .. I also suggest changing the flap speed to 2s speed ...

Comment

• First impression: a really smooth flier and although I did not expect jaw dropping speed with the three Nerf Vortex Aero Howler whistles it's still pretty fast.
                  I'll have to see how much faster Doug's Avanti is before deciding to keep the whistles or extract a few.

Comment

• Nice maiden and video! Love those owls! :)
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                      First impression: a really smooth flier and although I did not expect jaw dropping speed with the three Nerf Vortex Aero Howler whistles it's still pretty fast.
                      I'll have to see how much faster Doug's Avanti is before deciding to keep the whistles or extract a few.
                      Are the whistles from the disk or football?
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• urrl,

​​ Great job with the videos as always!

Comment

• Four more flights on mine this morning.I moved the battery back about 3/16" to get it closer to the aft CG and have to say I like it there. Holds a line while inverted better and let me change the up trim I had in it before back to 0.
                          Also noticed the tendency to climb slightly with flaps deployed so went back and added a little flap/down elevator mix like the manual suggested. Worked well with 2% at half flap and 4% at full on my DX-18
                          It's a keeper barring any unfortunate radio or other electronic failures.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Are the whistles from the disk or football?
                            The football.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                              Four more flights on mine this morning.I moved the battery back about 3/16" to get it closer to the aft CG and have to say I like it there. Holds a line while inverted better and let me change the up trim I had in it before back to 0.
                              Also noticed the tendency to climb slightly with flaps deployed so went back and added a little flap/down elevator mix like the manual suggested. Worked well with 2% at half flap and 4% at full on my DX-18
                              It's a keeper barring any unfortunate radio or other electronic failures.
                              Any chance I can get the actual adjusted CG? I would like to see if the jet can wheelie and mine seems nose heavy at the moment.

Comment

Any chance I can get the actual adjusted CG? I would like to see if the jet can wheelie and mine seems nose heavy at the moment.
                                Balancing on my fingertips so it's hard to be exact, I'm just barely ahead of the rearmost recommended setting. Could probably go back ever further but I'm tweaking it a little at a time.

Comment

Mine is at 108mm, upside down, and gear down(nose gear weight shifted back). Elev trim is at zero. And only needs the lightest touch of down elev while inverted.

Comment

• I was excited to see my first Freewing 80mm Avanti this AM. A clubmate (Michael Troy) had his up for a couple flights and I was able to get a few quick shots of it in, in between a couple of first flights on a new Freewing 8S 90mm Yak 130!

What a fantastic looking, sounding and performing sport jet!

Comment

• Great shots Bajora :)
                                      Save

Comment

• Hey Alpha.. It must have been after a hard night with the boys when you touched up the Avanti with the Tamiya Flat Yellow..LOL.. It needed a touch of Deep Yellow to be 'near perfect'..To quote you..:)

Comment

• Finally got mine together and have 'Buzz' the pilot in her. Painted my dashboard a light nutmeg brown, just to be able to tell it from all the other Avantis that will be at Nefi !
                                          HH, it looks like it needs just a touch of red, and I mean a touch as red is a very overpowering color ! Try it on some paper first before the airplane. You should be able to match it that way.

Here's Buzz, and ex Airforce pilot in the cockpit of his new Avanti...
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9785.JPG
Views:	1068
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	77737Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9786.JPG
Views:	1051
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	77738Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9787.JPG
Views:	1012
Size:	39.1 KB