Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing this thread back to life to ask for some assistance...................

I recently purchased this Freewing 90mm Yak 130 ARF+. I installed the 8s Freewing 12-bl. fan with 4075 1390Kv Inrunner Motor, coupled with the FMS 120A HV ESC (which I already had). I've flown this plane several times now and it has become my favorite jet. Till now, the Freewing L-39 was my fave. It's got enough grunt to make this plane what it should have been all along. The old 6s Yak 90mm that my friend had years ago was a real pig - underpowered, overweight, too draggy. The 8s system more than compensates for the weight and dragginess. It blasts down the runway with authority and lifts off without touching the sticks after a fairly short roll. And those landing lights ......................... man, are they BRIGHT! Everyone commented on them. With a HobbyEagle A3-L and Assan steering gyro, this thing tracks like an arrow and is so locked in. Landing with full flaps has been picture perfect each and every time. It'll do a large loop from level flight without a problem, unlike the old 6s, that needed a good diving start for a loop and even then, it was likely to fall out before getting to the top.

Now to my actual topic ................................... Because it's an ARF, the top airbrake is sealed and I have no idea how to make it operational. I don't want to slice it open and pry it up in case that's the wrong approach. There seems to be a hatch just forward of the top light that has a seam around it. I could open that up to see what's in there that might give me a clue as to how the thing works. The airbrake probably doesn't do much, but like my SU-30, it looks real cool and I'd like to make it work. Does anyone have this Yak with a working airbrake? Can you tell me what the mechanism (servo/actuator/rod) looks like? A picture of the airbrake open and looking into the cavity would be helpful. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3892.JPG
Views:	729
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	320977

Comment

• These are great looking jets, to bad they discontinued them. Well I'll get to see yours xviper 🙂

Comment

• Originally posted by Daryl View Post
        These are great looking jets, to bad they discontinued them. Well I'll get to see yours xviper 🙂
        Hey Daryl, let me know when you go and I'll bring it. With 50 planes, I try to cycle through them 3 to 4 planes each time I go. I do have my favorites that fly more often. I usually only fly in the mornings on week days and the occasional weekend morning.
        I'm not sure the big Yak has been discontinued. The 6s PNP is in stock. The rest are all "out of stock", perhaps waiting for the big price increase when they are re-released. I got the last ARF+ from RC Castle.

Comment

• I did see the 90mm Yak in stock at RC castle a month ago. It was out of stock after a day or two while I contemplated buying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
            I did see the 90mm Yak in stock at RC castle a month ago. It was out of stock after a day or two while I contemplated buying it.
            THANK YOU for the info. I’m on it immidiatly. Being long time waiting for one of those again.
            i have the paint ( gray ) ready for it. Sucks for me i just give away last week the 8s power system.
            i just ceck it and looks available in stock .
            Not get it why freewing plane gose to rc castle , but hey, i’ll take it no matter what .
            thank you again for share it.

Comment

• Only the 6s PNP is available at RC Castle and it may just simply be remaining old stock. All other forms of the 90mm Yak-130 is "out of stock" in both places. I'm sure you can put the 6s system into some other 90mm plane. I did it for my 90mm Venom. Turned it into a real mover and shaker.

PS. I've given up on making the airbrake functional. I pried off that little hatch just in front of the top light and there's nothing under there. I'd have to buy the entire airbrake actuator mechanism and install a servo. Also, the airbrake itself is sealed (glued?) so tight, I can't budge it.

Comment

• Dave, I'm supposed to be in Sicamous till next Saturday.
                If the smoke persists probably be back sooner..

Comment

• Originally posted by Daryl View Post
                  Dave, I'm supposed to be in Sicamous till next Saturday.
                  If the smoke persists probably be back sooner..
                  Next Saturday is the fun fly. If weather is nice, I may bring the Yak. I don't usually fly at those events. Too many people and too many rules.

Comment

• Here is my Yak-130 8 cell.
                    I found this camo on the internet.
                    Regards Anders Click image for larger version

Name:	20211030_135440.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	328972Click image for larger version

Name:	20211030_135451.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	328973Click image for larger version

Name:	20211030_135422.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	328974

Comment

• That looks sooo good 👍

Comment

• Hi gents,
                        Anyone running Aura 8 in their Yak130? if so can you share your file here please?
                        Nas

Comment

• I have the clear cockpit piece for this airplane. It is tinted. I will ship it to anyone who needs it in the US for $25. Let me know if you want them. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X